• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wasn't a 3D Vectorman game ever in the works?

I could've sworn SEGA or someone else was developing, or atleast in talks about making a 3D Vectorman game for either the DC or the PS2. Can anyone confirm/denie this?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Yep. There was a PS2 only Vectorman title in development...only it looked NOTHING LIKE Vectorman. I believe it was canned...

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Yeah, there was a 3D Vectorman planned. But it looked like crap, and I'm pretty sure it got the axe. I believe it was shown at E3 2003 along with a small trailer for Altered Beast. But Altered Beast was at E3 this year, and Vectorman apparently wasn't.

retardboy

It was canned a long time ago... A little bit after last years E3. It sucked hard. It was playable I believe. (I think I remember me trying to play)

brandonnn

BEAUTY&SEXY
I was kinda digging it, actually -- looked nothing like the original indeed, but felt a bit like Metal Arms (in hindsight).

Pseudo Interactive (Cel Damage, Crash XNA) was developing it before Sega pulled the plug.

vectorman-2.jpg

Sega needs to make another 2d Vectorman..

Vectorman 1 and 2 are amazing games; under-rated these days... nobody ever talks about them..

my first experience with them was after I got my JVC X'eye for $99 on clearance (end of segacd/genesis lifespan) and rented Vectorman 2.. that game ruled.. not sure which I liked more, Vectorman 1 or 2..

wish they would have made that sega saturn one.. the PS2 one looked like a decent game, but NOT vectorman at all.

EDIT:
I am hoping Sega throws up Vectorman 1 and 2 on XArcade... PLEASE SEGA PAAA LEEASE

jarrod

Banned
Vagabond said:
Vectorman Saturn turned into S.C.U.D didn't it?

*Shivers*
Not sure actually, I remember rumors that the game would be full 3D, with characters composed of joined sprites like Ballz on SNES/Genesis.

WarPig

PS2 Vectorman was indeed developed by Pseudo. It never really got past the stage of an engine demo, at least not as far as what Sega was willing to show to the press. It had some potential, the engine did some cool destructible-environment stuff, some cool physics stuff, but that was it.

DFS.

Top Bottom