• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We Boycott Katamari screens (US version)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
921111_20050818_screen001.jpg

921111_20050818_screen002.jpg

921111_20050818_screen003.jpg

921111_20050818_screen004.jpg

921111_20050818_screen005.jpg

921111_20050818_screen006.jpg

921111_20050818_screen007.jpg

921111_20050818_screen008.jpg

921111_20050818_screen009.jpg

921111_20050818_screen010.jpg

921111_20050818_screen011.jpg

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I actually got a chance to play the import of this tonight. Music didn't quite seem as immediately catchy as the original(in time maybe), but the co-op mode as pretty fun once you got the hang of it. Unlocking the Prince's cousins is kinda neat too if nothing more than window dressing, we all had a laugh watching them skip and whistle around the world map.

Nightbringer

Don´t hit me for my bad english plase
cybamerc said:
No texture filtering? Sony hates gaming.

Katamari doesn't even need a texture to be soooo good...

Basing the quality of a game on its texture filtering is [CENSORED]

I got the We Love Katamari soundtrack for my birthday, and so far it doesn't have the charm of the first one. I'm sure it will be more enjoyable once I've played the game and see where the songs fit in.

SKOPE

Are we supposed to boycott We Love Katamari because of the cover art or because Electronic Arts is publishing it in Europe?

I've lost track.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
SKOPE said:
Are we supposed to boycott We Love Katamari because of the cover art or because Electronic Arts is publishing it in Europe?
No and no.
It's because it costs more this time. Granted, the poopy cover art doesn't help matters.

btw, I cleared the main stages for this yesterday, good times. I think this game could definitely have used retaining all the original music and stages from the first one, though. After this, I do have to ask, what does Namco plan on doing with this series from this point? (Question applies to home consoles only, I don't need to hear about the Nintendoods version) Even with the additions and improvements they made, the game is still extremely short and loses novelty very quickly.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
OB1 said:
I thought this boycott thing was a joke... I don't mind paying an extra ten bucks for the sequel to one of my favorite games of 2004.
Me neither. And I'm sure that's what Namco was counting on. I will buy this, crappy cover and all.

Ranger X

The title of this thread is hideous.
Nice devellopers risk to publish an origination (YES' IN 2004!!) and even grants you with a reduced price. Game as been popular, the risk not the same for the sequel. Now they GRANT YOU with a sequel with a NORMAL pricing this time. Now you pronounce the word "boycott".

It's one of the most stupid gesture you can think of. By boycotting Katamari like this the message you give is that "we don't want innovation, please more easy sequels and bad movie liscenced product". The title of this thread is a real shame. Not smart from you part Wario64. And whatever if it's a joke, it's wrong. I suppose that none of the Katamari boycotters will complain about their Rachet 28 next gen.

kenta

Has no PEINS
The only reason I'd consider boycotting is because of the box art, yeesh. But at $30 it's a freakin steal, and I'll probably be able to find a high-res version of the Japanese box art to print out anyways so I'm good to go on this one.

OB1 said:
I thought this boycott thing was a joke... I don't mind paying an extra ten bucks for the sequel to one of my favorite games of 2004.

Yeah, me too. No way im not buying this game the day it comes out. I had way too much fun with the original.

Top Bottom