• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'We Katamari' coming to Europe!

ram

finally, we europeans will be able to play one of the most standout games in this decade.

publisher: electronic arts
release: 2006

u_neek

So if I buy the game I support EA?---- NTSC version for me...

zantiagostor0wd.jpg

temp

posting on contract only
Anyone notice how many more Katamari games are being released since EA started publishing?

MadFuzzy

I've heard that there might be some kind of announcement coming, given that Keita Takahashi (the creator of the game) is going to be doing a keynote speech at GDC in London in a few weeks, but I guess we'll see.

Luckett_X

Banned
I'm importing this game upon its release in the US (5th of September I believe). I was tempted to import the Jp version, but figured I'd hold out and enjoy it in my native language.

I am getting really quite fed up of having to wait for games to be translated into languages my island doesnt need when I can play the USA copy just fine, albeit with a swap disc.

But I must commend EA if theyre the ones responsible for actually dragging Namco's brightest offering over to our shores.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Kulock said:
"Guest Celebrity Carmen Electra wants to roll a Katamari race against you! Do you accept?"

Naw, this is better

"You have been invited to audition for the new movie "Katmari: Run Now" Do you accept?"

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
I thought the European release of this game had been known for a looong time now. Didn't know EA would publish it though...hard to believe. But then, isn't EA the publisher for Namco games in Europe nowadays?

M3wThr33

Banned
Luckett_X said:
I'm importing this game upon its release in the US (5th of September I believe). I was tempted to import the Jp version, but figured I'd hold out and enjoy it in my native language.

I am getting really quite fed up of having to wait for games to be translated into languages my island doesnt need when I can play the USA copy just fine, albeit with a swap disc.

But I must commend EA if theyre the ones responsible for actually dragging Namco's brightest offering over to our shores.

I doubt EA's going to make it a bargain price, though.

Dachande

Kiriku said:
Didn't know EA would publish it though...hard to believe. But then, isn't EA the publisher for Namco games in Europe nowadays?

Yes, and it's their fault we didn't get Katamari 1.

MadFuzzy

Kiriku said:
But then, isn't EA the publisher for Namco games in Europe nowadays?

EA only publish the multi-platform Namco stuff in Europe (like the Xbox version of Soul Calibur 2), SCEE publish the PS2/PSP exclusive stuff. From what I gather SCEE probably passed on both titles for whatever reason, and so Namco probably badgered EA into taking it.

ram

its something hard to believe - because sony had an incredibly line-up of puzzle games back in the psone days.

Acosta

Nice, instead of catchy and crazy japanese tunes europeans will get Hip Hop and songs "from the street" or "to be cool", much better :p

( ;) actually is a joke, I´m glad EA has been brave enough with a game so odd as that one, it´s a hard selling for west audience, Kudos to them. And I´m glad as well of fellow euopeans being able to get this title.)

SKOPE

Everyone in North America should burn their copies of The Bouncer, Brave Fencer Musashi, Bushido Blade 2, Chocobo Racing, Chocobo's Dungeon 2, Chrono Cross, Driving Emotion Type-S, Ehrgeiz, Final Fantasy VIII, Final Fantasy IX, Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy Anthology, Final Fantasy Chronicles, Front Mission 3, Kingdom Hearts, Parasite Eve, Parasite Eve II, Saga Frontier 2, Threads of Fate, Vagrant Story, and Xenogears in protest because Electronic Arts published them here.

The EA hate on this forum is getting on my nerves.

And so are the EA Trax jokes.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
SKOPE said:
Everyone in North America should burn their copies of The Bouncer, Brave Fencer Musashi
Bushido Blade 2, Chocobo Racing, Chocobo's Dungeon 2, Chrono Cross, Driving Emotion Type-S, Ehrgeiz, Final Fantasy VIII, Final Fantasy IX, Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy Anthology, Final Fantasy Chronicles, Front Mission 3, Kingdom Hearts, Parasite Eve, Parasite Eve II, Saga Frontier 2, Threads of Fate, Vagrant Story, and Xenogears in protest because Electronic Arts published them here.

The EA hate on this forum is getting on my nerves.

And so are the EA Trax jokes.

xenogears was the only square game i owned and i just sold it off to ironclad a few weeks ago, so i'm already ahead of you buddy!

Top Bottom