• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 sold more games than Xbox Series X in Europe last year

Killjoy-NL

So was I.
I wonder if MS would bring their games to PS+.

The more I think about it, the more it seems like MS is royally fucked, even if they go full 3rd party.
Because they will always be able to re-enter at any time if they get enough marketshare with whatever they're going to try next, so Playstation and Nintendo will be quite wary and keep that in mind.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
What do you mean by PS4 data lag? You can use the top graphs Feb 23 and minus the Feb 23 PS5 number it would be 2.1B for PS4. What's the data lag?
It says on the graph that the PS4 numbers are expected to increase because of data lag for Jan and Feb. Guess there is something in their system that causes some PS4 data to take awhile to be processed.

SkylineRKR

The ps360 era didnt take two years to truly start due to a silicon shortage (or pandemic) however, and the ps4 still has one of the largest install bases in gaming versus a console with less than half that of its current gen competitor.

This is true. PS360 died almost straight away. It was pretty much like all generations before it. I remember publishers sticking with cross gen at first. This was over within the year. Watch Dogs etc sold like shit on PS3. GT6 was kept PS3 exclusive and dropped off 80% compared to GT5. That gen was very efficiently killed off.

I myself remember being sick of the PS360 for a good while. The performance, IQ etc was just getting ridiculously outdated. It became a chore and the TVs, which were the standard for a good few years already, supported much higher resolution than the games on those systems could output.

Frustrated World Cup GIF

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Thats really a weird stat. PS4 has over 22M units in Europe.
It would surely be interesting to see PS4 vs PS5 vs Series S/X (physical + digital). S/X probably last, but still thats better comparison.

Last edited:
This is true. PS360 died almost straight away. It was pretty much like all generations before it. I remember publishers sticking with cross gen at first. This was over within the year. Watch Dogs etc sold like shit on PS3. GT6 was kept PS3 exclusive and dropped off 80% compared to GT5. That gen was very efficiently killed off.

I myself remember being sick of the PS360 for a good while. The performance, IQ etc was just getting ridiculously outdated. It became a chore and the TVs, which were the standard for a good few years already, supported much higher resolution than the games on those systems could output.

Yeah PS360 generation lasted a long ass time and it's tech aged quickly. Everyone was ready to move on I think.

Top Bottom