• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Wedbush Dec NPD Preview) Industry up 28% (HW Estimates)

GhaleonEB

squatingyeti said:
It was self evident, when compared to the PS2 and gamecube, the Xbox would enable MS to sell the most consoles by the end of the generation.
Indeed. And despite the late start and lower initial sales.

This generation is very different, and I suspect it will be a bit longer than the last. There have been a lot of firsts for the industry, so nothing is impossible. Lots of things are very unlikely, though.

itsgreen

GhaleonEB said:
Indeed. And despite the late start and lower initial sales.

This generation is very different, and I suspect it will be a bit longer than the last. There have been a lot of firsts for the industry, so nothing is impossible. Lots of things are very unlikely, though.

Doubt it.

I think MS is going to capitilize on its head start and introduce a new console for launch in fall 2010. If 360 has hit 149 by then. And the new console will debut at 449.

This time they remain a supporter for the 360 with first party titles.

This gen is totally different for MS. This time they have the opportunity to have a commerically viable product in the end of it's five years.

goldenpp72

I really doubt we'll see a new console in 2010 unless one of the other companies is making one by then. I think all 3 companies would rather juice this gen out.

Kenka

Sorry to go slightly off-topic but do we have any source for NPD-archives ? I just saw GT3 sales in America in themagicbox but it seems absolutely unreal.

Top Bottom