• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

what´s the problem with the 360 games framerate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zer0

Banned
im ended seeing the saint´s row footage and im a bit worried about that matter,the framerate drops are very evident,in the gears of war video the same exact problem,one of the only games thats runs without problems (at least in video) its ghost recon3.it moves like a dream ( excellent animation too) i expect a solid framerate on the next gen games,and i have seen a lot of problems on that subject,anyone got more impresions about framerate on more 360 games?

PhatSaqs

Banned
xbox360.jpg

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
I was under the impression that all of the gameplay vids so far were running on either alpha or beta kits. That, and the games are still in development.

Zer0

Banned
¿and the last news about last kits no making a impact on framerate? im under the impresion that devs are not giving the framerate the importance it have,they want nice photos and better gfx

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Zer0 said:
im ended seeing the saint´s row footage and im a bit worried about that matter,the framerate drops are very evident,in the gears of war video the same exact problem,one of the only games thats runs without problems (at least in video) its ghost recon3.it moves like a dream ( excellent animation too) i expect a solid framerate on the next gen games,and i have seen a lot of problems on that subject,anyone got more impresions about framerate on more 360 games?
Saints Row was the same version as E3, eg running on the VERY old alpha hardware.
Since then there has been 2 (or maybe 3) revisions of the beta hardware, each time getting more powerful and closer to the final hardware.

Blimblim said:
Saints Row was the same version as E3, eg running on the VERY old alpha hardware.
Since then there has been 2 (or maybe 3) revisions of the beta hardware, each time getting more powerful and closer to the final hardware.

[sarcasm]thats a bold faced lie!!! the 360 is a steaming pile and you know it!!![/sarcasm] :lol

border

Around 0:54 in the Saint's Row video he says -- "We had it running on beta but the framerate was still to slow so we're still showing it on alpha."

The beta kits actually caused a performance decrease? WTF?

The more unsettling question is how can they make sure these games are any good if they are running in mostly unplayable states? If you handed me a 15-20 FPS racing game I doubt I could really judge whether it would be cool at 30-60 FPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom