• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What’s the best place you‘ve ever lived at?

Mondai

For a more positive topic , what’s is the best place (or really your favorite place) you’ve ever lived at? I was station in Alaska and I loved it there. I love the cold and it was the most peaceful place I have ever experienced, I still get homesick for it and remember my time there fondly( it’s too bad it’s so expensive to live over there).

AJUMP23

Mod please fix title and remove preposition as the last word.

The place I live is currently my favorite. I have some land and some quiet and my wife and kids.

I did enjoy growing up in central Florida. It was awesome and fun and full of adventure.

Last edited:

Peggies

Gold Member
Dublin!

Hillarious people!

MLtUlY3.jpg

H4ze

Do you think they are glad you are gone?
Nah, not glad, but I guess they enjoy having more money for themselfs and they don't have to listen to me and my friends getting shitfaced anymore on the weekends xD

I love my parents, you know, good relationship

AJUMP23

Nah, not glad, but I guess they enjoy having more money for themselfs and they don't have to listen to me and my friends getting shitfaced anymore on the weekends xD

I love my parents, you know, good relationship
Not in my house sonny.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Man this is tough. In the US I have to go with rural New York, particularly around Sleepy Hollow. Pleasant weather, nice people, beautiful surroundings. And I say this as a Southern boy.

Abroad? I love the Bahamas. It gets a bad wrap for the crime outside of the tourist areas, but the people there are great. I lived for about four months near the northern beaches for work reasons and it was the most laid back four months of my life.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
While a common phrase it is improper grammatically. And should instead be “what is your point”.

But it is a common saying.
jennifer aniston friends GIF

I like living where I live and working where I work and visiting where I visit.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Lived all around, Hong Kong was really fun if you are dead-inside capitalist like me and make good salary. Mid-20s, banking, lots of fun you will not remember 5 years later. Japan was next - likewise. Go to a club, bring a different 10/10 each night. Absolutely no future potential but is was fun.

Paris just gets me - suburbs are shit, people are stressed, but I look at my neighborhood and apartment and go - fuck yeah.

Last edited:

PanzerAzel

I was fortunate enough to have moved to Maui at age eight (mother’s part Hawaiian and born there) and lived there until I was eighteen. Then moved back mid-twenties, all told spent about 25 years on the Valley Isle.

Beautiful, lovely place. Friendly people, plenty of aloha. Everyone is happy and chill. Gorgeous women. It can be a bit intolerant to foreigners if you act like an ass, but tourists have a bad rep for a reason…..locals are very protective of what’s worth keeping.

Best place I’ve ever lived. There’s no other place on earth like it.

Malama ka ‘Aina, Hawaii no ka oi!

nush

Lived all around, Hong Kong was really fun if you are dead-inside capitalist like me and make good salary. Mid-20s, banking, lots of fun you will not remember 5 years later. Japan was next - likewise. Go to a club, bring a different 10/10 each night. Absolutely no future potential but is was fun.
EllipticalImmaculateBarnowl-small.gif

ShinFuYux

I currently live in Jersey City, in 2017 me and my gf moved to this city from Pennsylvania.

It was always our dream to live in the city being that we're both from the suburbs. After being together for 8 years, we broke up and she went back to Pennsylvania. I stayed in Jersey City but decided to live in a different apartment.

I found this tiny studio apartment where I'm next to the train station that goes straight to Manhattan. Apartment is also cheap (based in how much everything else is). I'm next to a police station and court house so it's fairly safe area. I'm literally five minutes by bike to my job. I like the view too.

I think I'm in a great spot but i know one day my apartment will get bought out by someone else because skyscrapers are being built left and right in my area. So, my tiny apartment will eventually get closed down and knocked down. So, I'm enjoying every minute of it until I'm forced to move.

Before anyone says anything, city life is expensive but i have a decent job so I'm not struggling. I can afford to pay everything on my own. I even bought myself a car.

I wish i could live in one of those skyscrapers but i know that's like 2k to 6k a month to live in one of those. That's absurd.

dr_octagon

Banned
Classic joke 1. Why did you go to Caribbean? We wanted to go to Jamaica, nobody forced us to go.

Classic joke 2: Do you know the capital of Alaska? I'm not sure if it's Juno, I'll ask Google.

Edit: I messed up, delete.

Top Bottom