• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What alignment are you?

What is your alignment?

• Total voters

GeekyDad

HONESTLY

638157186486803951.jpeg

I know it's not going to be easy to truly assess oneself, but if you would, please try to be as honest and accurate as you can.

If you were using the D&D metric, what alignment do you feel you (NOT WANT TO, but) are?

AMENDED: The tests are cool and all, but I'm hoping to find out how you perceive yourself. Without taking a test or getting feedback from others, what alignment do you see yourself as?

Last edited:

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
"You are 14.2% good, 26.7% lawful, making you true neutral."

Go_Ly_Dow

Lawful/good.

Western Civilisation became the safest, most stable and most prosperous soceties not through sheer luck, but through enough people obeying the law, doing good deeds, loving thy neighbour etc... to create a long enough period of stability during in which enough people got lifted out of the gutter to create a better future for the next generations.

So I enjoy obeying the law 97% of the time and helping people out. A handful of times I've dabbled in horrible weed, will go above the speed limit in specific situations and maybe watch content that you should pay for via other means that don't impact the finances. 👀

Last edited:

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
I tried two different tests. The first gave me chaotic neutral, the second (the one people are posting results from in here) lawful neutral :pie_thinking:

Rockondevil

nI7sxxN.jpg

Neutral Evil people are primarily concerned with themselves and their own advancement. Their primary interest is in getting ahead in life. If there is a quick and easy way to profit, Neutral Evil personalities will pursue it, whether it be legal, questionable, or even obviously illegal – as long as they themselves stand to gain from it. Although Neutral Evil individuals do not have the every-man-for-himself attitude of Chaotic Evil personalities, they nevertheless have no qualms about betraying their friends and companions for personal gain. Neutral Evil personalities typically base their allegiance on power, money, and personal gain, which makes them prone to two-timing and quite receptive to bribes.

Lunarorbit

Chaotic good. Not to be all edge lord. But I’m disorganised etc. So I can be messy. Plus I try to be good so that one.
Oh shit, is chaotic good passe? That's what I always thought I was but I might be true neutral now as I've gotten older.

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
How does lawful evil work?

Is that like a faithful Nazi officer or something?
Pretty much.

I love DND's alignment system. It's so delightfully simple yet manages to capture so much nuance. It's a shame DND is moving away from it in favor of moral relativity. I've always appreciate its moralistic view that good and evil, law and chaos were such primal forces that essentially act like natural laws, like physics.

Anyway, I think I'm split. I think I say a lot of stuff that is Chaotic Good. But my actions make me Lawful Good so I'm really that. Lawful Good that romanticizes Chaotic Good.

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Chaotic neutral.

I have respect for institutions and authority, but I cynically analyze the mindsets and messages of the people working for those organizations. I believe that in general, people are good natured, but I also keep in mind the fact that we're all animals, and have evolved away from primal practices, but still possess vestigial animal instincts that can drive them to foul behavior.

I respect laws and the necessity for them in the name of a functioning society. I've broken and will probably break laws in the future, however. Not out of premeditated maliciousness, nor greed, but as a side effect of being a fallible creature.

I'm slow if at all to trust, and I hold people to higher standards than I hold myself. I look down on people disproportionate to my own progress or lack thereof in my personal journey. I will scoff at others failure irrespective of whether I'm succeeding or not. I'm well mannered publicly, but I don't have an approachable aura. I'll help people and do kind things but I remember every slight done to me forever.

BlogGAF.

Wildebeest

How does lawful evil work?

Is that like a faithful Nazi officer or something?
I don't think it is designed to be like that. It is more like you are playing a fictional character in a game, and you go down the character path of someone who met the devil at the crossroads and sold his soul for some wealth or power.

You are 47.5% evil, 47.5% lawful, making you lawful evil.

Huh!

While I was on the same website, I took the Autism test and scored "high" on the symptoms, so just a great night all around here.

Last edited:

RavageX

Neutral good. This happens in games a lot, after i play my true to self role, my bad playthrough usually ends up being good too.

Except for the first KOTOR, i laughed at my sith choices.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
The tests are cool and all, but I'm hoping to find out how you perceive yourself. Without taking a test or getting feedback from others, what alignment do you see yourself as?
Probably neutral good, then.
I will help others, but not necessarily out of pure altruism.
I respect authorities more on the grounds that they can punish me if I step out of line, but I’d be a fool to think that they are right just because someone voted them into their role or someone deemed them the best there is for the job.
Law is a good thing on principle, but laws can be horrifically wrong.
I don’t trust people easily and I don’t expect people to try to get close to me without a personal purpose.

Ownage

True Neutral

A true neutral character does what seems to be a good idea. He doesn't feel strongly one way or the other when it comes to good vs. evil or law vs. chaos. Most true neutral characters exhibit a lack of conviction or bias rather than a commitment to neutrality. Such a character thinks of good as better than evil after all, he would rather have good neighbors and rulers than evil ones. Still, he's not personally committed to upholding good in any abstract or universal way. Some true neutral characters, on the other hand, commit themselves philosophically to neutrality. They see good, evil, law, and chaos as prejudices and dangerous extremes. They advocate the middle way of neutrality as the best, most balanced road in the long run. True neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you act naturally, without prejudice or compulsion. However, true neutral can be a dangerous alignment when it represents apathy, indifference, and a lack of conviction.

Arguably.

GeekyDad

True Neutral

A true neutral character does what seems to be a good idea. He doesn't feel strongly one way or the other when it comes to good vs. evil or law vs. chaos. Most true neutral characters exhibit a lack of conviction or bias rather than a commitment to neutrality. Such a character thinks of good as better than evil after all, he would rather have good neighbors and rulers than evil ones. Still, he's not personally committed to upholding good in any abstract or universal way. Some true neutral characters, on the other hand, commit themselves philosophically to neutrality. They see good, evil, law, and chaos as prejudices and dangerous extremes. They advocate the middle way of neutrality as the best, most balanced road in the long run. True neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you act naturally, without prejudice or compulsion. However, true neutral can be a dangerous alignment when it represents apathy, indifference, and a lack of conviction.

Arguably.
I'm with you on most of what you said, except perhaps when you say "True neutral is the best alignment you can be because..." You might be right, but I don't feel like I am personally certain of that.
Probably neutral good, then.
I will help others, but not necessarily out of pure altruism.
I respect authorities more on the grounds that they can punish me if I step out of line, but I’d be a fool to think that they are right just because someone voted them into their role or someone deemed them the best there is for the job.
Law is a good thing on principle, but laws can be horrifically wrong.
I don’t trust people easily and I don’t expect people to try to get close to me without a personal purpose.
💯

Lawful/good.

Western Civilisation became the safest, most stable and most prosperous soceties not through sheer luck, but through enough people obeying the law, doing good deeds, loving thy neighbour etc... to create a long enough period of stability during in which enough people got lifted out of the gutter to create a better future for the next generations.

So I enjoy obeying the law 97% of the time and helping people out. A handful of times I've dabbled in horrible weed, will go above the speed limit in specific situations and maybe watch content that you should pay for via other means that don't impact the finances. 👀
And how, good sir, if I may ask, did Western civilization come about? Was it not via defiance and rebellion towards the status quo...to the law?

I'm neutral good as I expected. This describes my nature pretty well. For me, there are no musts outside of kindness and love, and the form that can take is myriad. I am resistant to any sort of dogma - I'm not a black and white type of guy, rather, I think it best to move in a dynamic fashion within a dynamic world.

F6gKUcG.jpg

KrakenIPA

I didn't have to take a online quiz to know that I'm lawful good right now, but back when I was a kid, man I was probably chaotic nuetral har!

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I chose Neutral/Good

I've never broken a law (to the best of my knowledge) but I can see instances where I might.

I believe in the HOLY law (more New testament than Old testament) and trying to do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

But I also believe in justice and that the system is broken in many respects... It has to be reformed, be more thorough to account for biases.

There's more but that's the gist of it.

Top Bottom