• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are some inocous things you judge people harshly on?

People not bumping a perfectly good venting thread enough.

People on this site who go to see fucking Barbie and talk about it. Like okay, you got a girlfriend/wife that made you go.. cool. fine. We've all been there. For some reason you end up fucking liking the movie? Okay, cool, kinda weird, whatever, I'm not going to go see it, I can't tell you're wrong I guess. But why the fuck you gonna talk about it? Have some self-respect, and some respect for the rest of us.

Tangent: how can they somehow make a live-action Barbie movie that pleases that audience, but we got the fucking live-action GI Joe movies that we got...? WTF?

Last edited:

H4ze

People on this site who go to see fucking Barbie and talk about it. Like okay, you got a girlfriend/wife that made you go.. cool. fine. We've all been there. For some reason you end up fucking liking the movie? Okay, cool, kinda weird, whatever, I'm not going to go see it, I can't tell you're wrong I guess. But why the fuck you gonna talk about it? Have some self-respect, and some respect for the rest of us.
What the actual fuck you close minded moron.
Self-respect? To align with people like you, telling me how to act and what to enjoy?

Barbie is a funny as fuck movie and I saw it without a gf or women who forced me to join her. You fucking piece of ....

Last edited:

thief183

Self-respect? To align with people like you, telling me how to act and what to enjoy?

Barbie is a funny as fuck movie and I saw it without a gf or women who forced me to join her. You fucking piece of ....
Wow, calm down man.

The Stig

Tangent: how can they somehow make a live-action Barbie movie that pleases that audience, but we got the fucking live-action GI Joe movies that we got...? WTF?
Wow. I havent seen the movie and dont know a thing about it but DAMN this post speaks VOLUMES.

game of thrones shame GIF

Wow, calm down man.
It's cool, they can judge me harshly for judging them harshly, but I'll have to judge them harshly for it.

0neAnd0nly

Personally I am big into Made in USA clothes and men’s style in general. I dabble in designer stuff when I can afford the luxury.

So to me I notice the absolute disgusting decline of classical mens style in America and when I see dudes rocking absolute disgraceful classic style “trends” (like wearing slim ties with classic lapels) I tend to judge it subconsciously.

I’m not talking about people dressing casual. That’s fine. I don’t care if you are rocking crocs with swim trunks and a T. Cool.

But the classical style butchering that is a lack of proper etiquette through the generations disappoints me.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Gas station.

Each row is usually two pumps long (and double sided too). A car in front of you pulls into a row, and instead of taking the front one, he takes the back one and you have to drive around him and then back your car in position. Related to my post at the beginning about etiquette and awareness, some people just have zero sense. It's like they can only perceive whats in the cone of vision and everything around them is pitch black. You dont have to be born and raised by a royal family to just know what to do and dont do in real life.

Office cafe.

Our office kitchen is one part cafeteria and one part fridges you can put stuff in and there's also random stuff you can use at any time... milk, cream, put your brown bagged lunch in there etc... Sometimes the freezer will be filled with frozen desserts too (in their cardboard box).

There's always empty milk cartons and dessert boxes in the fridge and freezer.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I don't judge people, we all make mistakes and some still yet have to learn what they are doing wrong.
I like people being different tho, makes life interesting.

Although I understand what you say and agree with both points, there's a difference between mistakes (turning your turning signal on at the last moment) and conscious antisocial behavior (throwing trash on the ground etc) and not being attentive causing unnecessary frustration for other people (walking side by side filling the sidewalk).

I do wish I could judge people less harsh. I judge myself very harshly and am a hypocrite more often than not. At least I'm aware of it and try to catch myself.

Great perspective though Kenpachii Kenpachii

Billbofet

My wife will take a water bottle for each member of my family everywhere we go.
If we are going five miles to Target to pick up an order, she makes sure we each have at least 32 oz. of water for the 12-minute excursion.
My daughter has a hydroflast that doesn't fit in any car bottle holder that exists - designed more like a barrel, so you get to hear it bang around the backseat each turn that is made.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Today I snapped.

Not in the mood to explain the scenario in detail* but once again I encountered a person (both on bicycles) who didn't gave directions before hand causing me to come to a complete stop (better save than sorry) which afterwards saved me from a collision so good call

I shouted something akin to "Use your arm for directions" (that's the way it should) when I past her. Looked back at a dumbfounded face and shouted "It's not that difficult you know". FFS.
Btw not in an aggressive tone but more like a SMH how hard is it tone. Not sure how that translates when reading this but w/e

*Guess I kinda did

/Rant

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
This.
It should be pretty much hardwired into you by an early age.
No excuse.

See. When I take my walks I walk on the "incoming" lane so you can see what's coming up. (You learn that in elementary school) And living in the Netherlands a lot of bicycle roads function as walk ways as well.

Plus I'm wearing headphones so sight is all I have.

Anyways. There are 3 exceptions were I'll switch lanes to make make their ride easier such they don't have to navigate around me.

1: wheelchairs (automatic)
2: tricyclics
3: bikes with those huge front storage space for kids.

I get it. They're broad and me switching lanes makes their live easier in essence.

If I don't get a thank you nod from number 3 I'm pissed. Like they're mostly young'ish entitled parents.

Like come on I'm doing you a favor.

Is that petty? I'm sure it is.

The Stig

Had to look it up but yeah.

I bet I make a shit ton of eggcorn expressions in my posts so you'll probably have me on ignore lol
Do you use "would of" instead of "would have"?

Also I have another one.

Using the word "addicting". 99% of the time when someone uses it they should have used "addictive".

"X is really addicting" is WRONG. "X is really addictive" is correct

Use any of these and I know I am smarter than you.

Also "disorientated". It's "disoriented".

Last edited:

Toots

Gold Member
Do you use "would of" instead of "would have"?

Also I have another one.

Using the word "addicting". 99% of the time when someone uses it they should have used "addictive".

"X is really addicting" is WRONG. "X is really addictive" is correct

Use any of these and I know I am smarter than you.

I don't know why but you made me think of this :messenger_grinning_sweat:

The Stig

just saw the movie. its great. who hurt you?

Do you use "would of" instead of "would have"?'
Point of order, nobody messes that up... they mess up"would've"
Nah, "addicting" is perfectly fine. We have loads of redundant words. We even have:
Episode 18 GIF by The Simpsons

Isn't "The Stig" the fast drivey guy on the British vroom vroom comedy show? Yeah, they all say "disorientating" over there m8.
just saw the movie. its great.
It's "it's", not "its". You seriously gonna do most of your comedy bit on grammar/usage and then flub that one?

who hurt you?

Angry Gary Oldman GIF

The Stig

Point of order, nobody messes that up... they mess up"would've"

Nah, "addicting" is perfectly fine. We have loads of redundant words. We even have:
Episode 18 GIF by The Simpsons

Isn't "The Stig" the fast drivey guy on the British vroom vroom comedy show? Yeah, they all say "disorientating" over there m8.

It's "it's", not "its". You seriously gonna do most of your comedy bit on grammar/usage and then flub that one?

Angry Gary Oldman GIF
Yes the guys on top gear say disorientating, they are also wrong. I would tell them that but I can't speak, I am The Stig

I apologize for my lack of apostrophes.

Addicting is not perfectly fine you liar. However I am absolutely with you on flammable and inflammable, WTF?

The movie is good. I'm so sorry everyone hurt you. I hope I wasn't one of them.

Codes 208

People who do that loud grinding snort repeatedly in public. Go blow your fucking nose already.

Last edited:

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
People with facial piercings make me nauseous, to the point that I avoid eye contact with them.

Men with long fingernails, need I say anymore.

Selfish people that do supersets taking up multiple pieces of equipment. Selfish bastards!

People that stare at their phone's in the gym holding up equipment (wankers).

Betas that make obnoxiously loud sex noises unnecessarily, whilst throwing a few kilograms around.

Men that wear a three piece suit but no socks, what the fuck is that all about!

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Guys who act arrogant/TUFF in the gym.

Woman in the gym that don't acknowledge your presence. I'm not staring at you. And me nodding or saying hi doesn't mean I'm hitting on you.

Get over yourself.

/Rant

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Selfish people that do supersets taking up multiple pieces of equipment. Selfish bastards!

I do that.

My whole gym session is a superset (somewhat). Don't like sitting down and waiting. Have my phone in my bag.

The difference though is that I do keep an eye out for people eying/wanting to use something I'm using.

In that case I'll keep my place at my primary spot and leave the rest. I agree, taking up multiple spots is egotistical and antisocial.

I only use max 2 spots, like bench press and calves or something that doesn't get used much in general. Also depends on how busy it is.

But, while guilty, I'm aware and deal with it accordingly.

So yes I agree

Last edited:

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
I do that.

My whole gym session is a superset (somewhat). Don't like sitting down and waiting. Have my phone in my bag.

The difference though is that I do keep an eye out for people eying/wanting to use something I'm using.

In that case I'll keep my place at my primary spot and leave the rest. I agree, taking up multiple spots is egotistical and antisocial.

I only use max 2 spots, like bench press and calves or something that doesn't get used much in general. Also depends on how busy it is.

But, while guilty, I'm aware and deal with it accordingly.

So yes I agree
I wait until they're on the other peice of equipment and just jump on. Only two close punch ups in 23 years.🥳

Top Bottom