• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are the best arcades in Chicago/Suburbs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember a good one out in crystal lake, IL i think, but cant remember what it was called..

I go to "enchanted castle" sometimes in lombard, IL.... and "safari land" has an "okay" selection in villa park, IL... but i would like to go to an old school arcade with tons of old games and new games alike... any of those anywhere?

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Well there's not much.

I heard about that Crystal Lake one but I haven't been there.

Enchanted Castle is still around, I haven't been there in years though. Not sure what machines it has.
Capcom's Nickel City (formerly Super Just Games) in uh Northbrook or something has a decent array of stuff, but the conditions of the machines (particularly the older ones) can be questionable.
I'm still not a fan of Dave & Busters (Addison) or Gameworks (Schaumburg).

You sound like you're more in the northern suburub area though, so I can't help as much as if you were on the southside. Fortunately for you, the southside really sucks hard for arcade action now (especially since Friar Tucks died).

i am near o'hare....

i have been to enchanted castle recently; but that was to hit the nickle arcade they have for tickets and eventually win what amounted to a stuff animal and a shake machine.

those were expensive prizes, let me tell you. nickels add up.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Redemption games are teh devel.

But yeah, you should check out Capcom's place at least once since it's not too far away from you, and everything's nickel-operated.

***WOW ***

THANK YOU FOR THE CAPCOM NICKEL CITY INFO!!!

Not a big place, but man oh man.. I paid $2 to get in, and then I only ended up spending another 60 cents the rest of the time!

They had a good 20 games that were free play, then about 20 or so larger machines that were from 5 cents to 60 cents.. to play... mostly in the 15-20 cent range..

I played Smash TV for about an hour; and my eyes and head were killing me.. i needed caffeine.. got a diet coke from the stand, and then played some baseball stars 2 on a neo geo... played some super contra.. and a shitload of other games for free.. tried out war lords as I remember when that "mortal kombat" replacement came out...

overall, loved the free stuff..

only ended up putting nickels into special edition san francisco rush 2049.. that game is still alot of fun.. i'd say my second favorite arcade racer to daytona usa..

but anyways, i will defiantely be heading back and this time putting some red bull in the car in a cooler.. pound two red bulls and head in with a buddy and attempt to beat smash tv.. i woulda played turtles but i just beat it in my garage as i have that board hooked up in my jamma machine right now... also was going to play die hard arcade, and then realized i had my sega saturn hooked up at home so no need for that.. wish i woulda got some time with teh simpsons machine though; used to love that as a kid..

anyways, i highly recommend capcom nickel city to anyone....

oh, and mortal kombat 4 actually cost like 10 or 20 cents to play for some reason.. i thought that was kinda weird since it was so old, but i guess maybe they figure alot of kids never got mortal kombat 4 for home release and might be into the series again with 5 doing so well?? i dunno.

yah let me know if you are planning to... i doubt we'd be able to handle the logistics of it, but i'd like to meet up with some gaers to play some fucking smash TV or something, beat some game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom