• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are you doing to earn money (store credit) when you play?

Schmick

I discovered something only recently which, I guess, had I discovered earlier the impact of it would have been less!? But none the less I've earnt money, albeit Steam credit, playing CS:GO / CS2.

During one of my game nights with my friends, one of them starting talking about making £3 by 'selling' a CS case on Steam's Community Market. This of course peeked my interest. I've played a lot of CS over recent years and been rewarded lots of cases and weapons skins. I never really took any notice of them before, they all just sat in my Steam inventory doing nothing. That's until I noticed how much some of the cases I had are worth to the Steam Community. It didn't take me long to list them on the market and didn't take long to start seeing my Steam wallet value increase. In total after listing all the cases I had, I have made £75. £30 of that I've already spent on Spiderman Remastered during Steams current sale (absolutely loving it by the way) so leaves me with £45 (which I have no idea what to spend on, either BG3 or a couple of indie's like Dave the Diver).

It never occurred to me, that me, who I consider to be casual gamer, could ever earn anything whilst playing a game admittedly most likely through grinding over a long period of time.

Last edited:

Spyxos

Gold Member
I had a ton Teamfortress 2 hats and weapons, some of have been selling for good money. I lost them all. Last time i checked some of them where selling for 200-400 euros on steam...

I have only sold some Steam Cards ,but that was when the cards were still relativly new. I don't think I got more than 20-30 euros.

Last edited:
I put this kind of crap with FOMO BS.
I really hate it.

Recently I bought a VR game on my Quest 3 because of a shared promotion that had an expiry date. buy or miss out. and I F'n bought something like an idiot.

TexMex

People shit on Playatation Stars but since I’ve gone digital, I’m constantly redeeming free PSN bucks off that thing. Love it.

Schmick

I put this kind of crap with FOMO BS.
I really hate it.

Recently I bought a VR game on my Quest 3 because of a shared promotion that had an expiry date. buy or miss out. and I F'n bought something like an idiot.
I'm not sure what I'm describing has anything to do with FOMO?

Oh yeah, steam digital items are free money. I always sell 1 cent lower than the lowest person and everything sells quick. Managed to get some neat dota skins and voice packs for free, I never pay for in game microtransaction shit

acm2000

on xbox im doing the various bing reward tasks to earn points to get game pass ultimate or giftcards, its great.

Schmick

As long as no time limit on when you can spend then your golden.
For example; in CS2 as you earn XP and rank up you are offered rewards. They can be cases, weapon skins or tags. Those items have a value from 0.01p to something higher like £6.00. You can sell those items whenever you want or not. If you don't you can use them yourself.

The are other ways to earn XP such playing at least twice in a week (which I suppose could be considered FOMO?!).

baphomet

I work a job to pay for things.

I don't play games I don't want to earn trinkets or waste time doing menial bullshit to earn points.

Z O N E

Microsoft Rewards.

It's honestly insane.

Pays for my Game Pass Ultimate, Spotify, hardware (Console/Laptop/Tablet.. stuff like that) and software. Also, I use it to redeem vouchers for other stuff like Amazon and Currys PC World.

Also, I get £7 per month from Amazons scanning receipts thingy, so that adds up pretty nicely too. I just stack up receipts every month and they never run out, so when the 1st of each month arrives, I scan them all in about 1 min and done.

Might not seem like much, but when you look at it all after a couple months of earning, you realise how much you save per month.

Game Pass Ultimate and Spotify alone, I save £24 a month.

Schmick

It's not the weirdest flex I've ever seen.

I do Microsoft rewards. Get about 20 bucks a month for stuff I am doing anyway. Might as well.
I not exactly doing menial things to earn points when I'm playing CS2. I'm playing as intended.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Microsoft-Bing-Banner.jpg

Ive got the start/bing app on my phone that I use for pretty much no other reason than to earn rewards.

Top Bottom