• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you think NeoGAF's demographics are? [Results!]

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Hi everyone. Seeing as most of us are anonymous, it can be hard to feel out the composition of your fellow NeoGAF users. And ultimately it's about the content of your character and validity of your arguments, your love of the hobby and contributions to the medium, and how you treat others in your sphere of influence, not your immutable characteristics. But of course everyone has some intuition as to the people around them, even if over text through a computer screen. So let's test your intuition.

What do you think the average age of NeoGAF users is?

What do you think the male:female ratio is? (e.g. x% male : y% female)

I'll reveal the actual stats at the end. Good luck!

-Everyone is going to say a low female percentage.

-The reveal will be that the female percentage is somewhere between 25-50 percent, meaning 1 out of every 4, 3, or 2 posters are women.

-There will be confused posters who are going to wonder if certain other posters were lying all along about being male.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
-Everyone is going to say a low female percentage.

-The reveal will be that the female percentage is somewhere between 25-50 percent, meaning 1 out of every 4, 3, or 2 posters are women.

-There will be confused posters who are going to wonder if certain other posters were lying all along about being male.

I'd be shocked if there was even one active female member in this forum.

FeralEcho

80 % male, 15 % female, 5 % other

70 % between 30 and 40, 10 % under 30, 20 % over 40
200.gif

Pejo

I'm going to just hazard a guess that it's me and then hundreds if not thousands of mid-20s hot females lounging around in bikinis and pretending to be 30-40 year old videogame enthusiasts in a vain attempt to form a connection with me.

average age 32, average ratio 95/5 male to female, largest populations from the US/UK/Brazil

PeteBull

Avg age 25+, i notice tons of youngings posting last few years, male probably 99%+, its really hard to find hardcore gamer who is a woman, personally i only know one and she is actually better/more hc than me lol, and playing all the games ur normal hardcore gamer would play- name AAA game and she bought/played/finished it lol :p

I'd be shocked if there was even one active female member in this forum.
Based on the OP post, if this thread were to contain a twist, that would be it.

The second twist would be that there was a sudden influx in younger posters(teenage to early 20s) possibly due to influences outside of this website. That should come across in posting style though: constant misspellings, overuse of emojis, using gen z terminology unironically, etc.

Portugeezer

Depends if we're talking active users or including fossil accounts? I'm guessing the newer accounts bring age down a bit, also older accounts probably had a higher ratio of females than newer.

Fossils and newer I would say:

M/F: 92/8

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
98% male. Although might be 100. I never spoke to a girl here I think.
43 year olds.

Every time I say I am 34 in a pc thread and I have years of experience, there are people coming out of the woodworks saying “BUT I AM 60 and you don’t know shit boy”

Last edited:

Apocryphon

Average age: 31
White: 75%
Male: 92% Female: 2% Non-Binary/Trans: 6%
Top 3 countries: US, UK, Canada
Solid posters: 20% Fuckwits: 80%

ShadowLag

Average age: 27 (I'm taking a chance here that there's probably an influx of zoomers)
99% male, 1% female

Are you referring to global stats, or just relatively active user stats?

Last edited:

Fredrik

Every time I say I am 34 in a pc thread and I have years of experience, there are people coming out of the woodworks saying “BUT I AM 60 and you don’t know shit boy”
Hah this is true for me as well and I’m 47!
Would be fun if we could see the oldest gaffer stats. And the youngest.

Member the longest time is similar, still active member, I joined in 2005 but I know some was here when the board had a different name, Gaming Age Forum I think.

As for age and gender stats:
77% men
26yo

Last edited:
Top Bottom