• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you think of PS5's look

Great Hair

Banned
Lol so many Xbox fanboys here today trashing the console.

Im not one and IT IS by far the ugliest console of all time. Just compare it to

zNiCczo.jpg
QF9lHNB.jpg
VmktZBK.jpg

thief183

....I like the controller.... but the console....maybe in person is different but right now I'd put it well hidden under the TV....

noise36

Ugly controller and giant ugly console.

Will still get one at some point as a sucker for good exclusives, but seriously wow.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
This is one of those rare occasions I think I like something then start to hate it. It looked kinda cool at first glance in the video but now I am hating it more every minute.

I prefer the simple design of the XSX.

Nankatsu

HUOUl2D.png

Don't you see the vents?

Maybe let them breakdown the system before coming to that conclusion is my recommendation.

Well it's looks better horizontally than I thought it would.

I'm more of a fan of the digital one design , but no way in hell I'm going for the digital only model.

jts

...hate me...
Very disappointing but might grow on me over time with more observation in other environments as well.

Wish Sony had gone with a more understated minimalistic look. Pure form to function instead of all the flair.

Sacred

It reminds me of what Sony tried to do to innovate the PS3 controller at the reveal and quickly scrapped it. I really would expect them to alter the wing design

tryDEATH

HUOUl2D.png

Don't you see the vents?

Maybe let them breakdown the system before coming to that conclusion is my recommendation.

Something needs to disperse the air efficiently be it a big fan, vapor chamber or both. That box just doesn't seem designed with heat being a priority.

It the reason why Xbox went with function over form. Its a rectangle that was specifically designed to move air as efficiently as possible with a big intake fan on top to push air through the whole system and every part in the system maximizing cooling.

LOLCats

Banned
wow, thats some architecture there. i guess it doesnt matter as long as it comes in black, it sits in cabinet, so you can barely see it. but fuck that is ugly.

SirTerry-T

Gold Member
What the heck has happened to Sony's industrial design in recent years?
The PS2 Slim seems soooo long ago.
I mean, there's some nice elegant shapes to be seen in these pics but the whole thing looks like it's been designed by the new guy at the design house who felt the need to use every single modelling tool when coming up with the design.
Each to their own though, etc...

Something needs to disperse the air efficiently be it a big fan, vapor chamber or both. That box just doesn't seem designed with heat being a priority.

It the reason why Xbox went with function over form. Its a rectangle that was specifically designed to move air as efficiently as possible with a big intake fan on top to push air through the whole system and every part in the system maximizing cooling.

Well once Sony gives us a breakdown you will have a better idea of how the cooling works in the system.

I'm not worried about a RROD situation if that's what you're suggesting.

Last edited:

Hostile_18

Banned
It looks so much better vertical but its not really practical for most peoples setup.

The retailers are going to be pissed at an all digital edition on launch. Goodbye Gamestop.

HeadsUp7Up

This thing is dope!!! I’m getting the digital edition with all the accessories. Games didn’t look like anything really to me though.

Edit: Still have to wait on confirmation that it doesn’t come with a jet engine.

Last edited:

Abear21

Banned
The thin plastic worries me of vibrating, getting dirty, or breaking, and I take care of my stuff but it just looks a bit fragile.

We all know eventually they will release all black and special editions so that’s a silver lining.

Looks better and like it’s designed to be operated vertically, interesting Microsoft went the same direction, makes me wonder if heat will be an issue

Last edited:
Top Bottom