• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you think of PS5's look

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
I don't like it, but it's purely based on taste. I looked at it without thinking of the brand, and thought it was curvy, weird futuristic. Not my taste for a minimal living room.

Quixz

Bad photoshop but still better in black when you can´t see the crazy design so much! =)
pEjU9Lb.jpg

That's more like it!

Nemesisuuu

Just because they're asian doesn't mean they are interchangeable.... come on now!
It's /s response to your post, we all know they're japanese. For me, subjectively, the design is ugly. No need to get worked up cause of it. To me it just looks like I said in first post.
And still, I'm gonna buy it, hopefully in full black color scheme.

tryDEATH

Well there could be two large fans on each side of the board which could explain the unusual venting.

PS5-heatsink-patent-playstation-5-1280x720.png

We won't really know until the break the system down for us.

The two fan system wouldn't be efficient as it neither a push, pull, or push-pull system since the console is so flat. One possible way it might be efficient is with a custom liquid cooler set up, but that costly. The vents just don't seem enough for me, really interested in a proper break down.

Bryank75

Banned
It's /s response to your post, we all know they're japanese. For me, subjectively, the design is ugly. No need to get worked up cause of it. To me it just looks like I said in first post.
And still, I'm gonna buy it, hopefully in full black color scheme.
Color is not the same as the design.... I think the actual design is really nice. Very sexy. Would I take it in black over white? Yes.... of course.

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
Cool looking design but it looks like it'll need even more "stability updates" than the previous gen if using it horizontally.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Looks like a robot’s vagina

which... that’s cool man... after all it is 2020 we in the future now

Last edited:
The two fan system wouldn't be efficient as it neither a push, pull, or push-pull system since the console is so flat. One possible way it might be efficient is with a custom liquid cooler set up, but that costly. The vents just don't seem enough for me, really interested in a proper break down.

I mean it could be possible that the system will run cool and quiet. We just have to wait for a proper breakdown to see if that's true.

Nemesisuuu

Color is not the same as the design.... I think the actual design is really nice. Very sexy. Would I take it in black over white? Yes.... of course.
Read my post again - it clearly says design is ugly and by it I mean design, shape etc. It's not like black/white color scheme is a deal breaker, but I would prefer it in one color.

I have always been in the "who cares what a console looks like" camp... but that thing is really testing my resolve.

Has to be the most garish looking console I have ever seen. Clearly made for the people who buy gaming chairs and slather everything with RGB strips.

Vognerful

Ugly ports right on front too.

Looks like an old school USB port right in the middle of the system. I think that's a micro USB beside it.

It seems Sony made this curvy shell to cover up the giant sawtooth vents on the top and bottom of the system that wraps around entire console.
That’s what I thought about the covers.

Want to know the size comparison to PS4 Pro

Don't mind if its bigger or smaller than Pro. Just keen to see the size.

Love the look. I think it looks sleek. Clean lines.

Though I wonder how lt looks on its side. That would be nice to see as well

mekes

My ps5 will be closed inside of the tv stand or behind the tv. Ive never seen a disc drive fuck up a console design so much! Not sure what they were thinking with that. It looks okay tho, but I’m not 10, I know the design is just posing as flashy and will be made from cheap plastic, and that’s why it hides behind the tv.

tryDEATH

I mean it could be possible that the system will run cool and quiet. We just have to wait for a proper breakdown to see if that's true.

I will 100% guarantee you right now it won't run cool and quite, you get to pick one or the other not both. I am building a high end SFF PC and by the looks of it if you want a cool and quite system a custom loop is the only way to do it and that crap is expensive as hell. Temper the expectations.

I will 100% guarantee you right now it won't run cool and quite, you get to pick one or the other not both. I am building a high end SFF PC and by the looks of it if you want a cool and quite system a custom loop is the only way to do it and that crap is expensive as hell. Temper the expectations.

After seeing how big it is compared to the XSX I think it might be doable.

Blond

Banned
I gotta be real, between all these "games" that just don't look appealing and the console design something told that me that its okay and just enjoying the games you have, I'm out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom