• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you think the creators of Xbox series S/X and PS5 envisioned games to be like?

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Last gen material based shaders became common use, other effects were improved as was overall polygon count and resolution.

I wonder if the creators of these consoles envision the type of games these new systems will play?

Both platforms have been rather unspecific about what the improvements will be. Spencer has said this gen is not only about games looking better but its also about how they feel. Cerny has talked about the plethora of new features available on his new machine and now its a wait and see to see what devs do with this new hardware. I sometimes get the impression that Cerny is not entirely sure which direction the industry will go, I get a opening pandoras box vibe from him, which is understandable considering how feature rich these new machines are.

But do you think they envisioned something like UE5 visuals, or maybe slight improvementa over last gen but higher framerates?

Last edited:
Top Bottom