• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

train sim world 2. got it free from Epic at some point. i've always been looking for a train sim to play. i tried one a while back and it sucked but this seems playable. i don't know what i'm doing but i find it relaxing. i just wish there was a route from my city i could drive. the london underground one is boring so i've been doing the german one. the only other route is an american one.

will probably get back in Cyberpunk soon.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
train sim world 2. got it free from Epic at some point. i've always been looking for a train sim to play. i tried one a while back and it sucked but this seems playable. i don't know what i'm doing but i find it relaxing. i just wish there was a route from my city i could drive. the london underground one is boring so i've been doing the german one. the only other route is an american one.

will probably get back in Cyberpunk soon.

Nice. Those train sims are something I'll definitely play some day. Very relaxing I feel.

Last edited:

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Just rage quit after being punted twice causing me to lose everything in worked for on the 10th lap in a 12 lap race.

Serial Killer Chainsaw GIF by Rise Records

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Doing my yearly playthrough of Dark Souls 3. Made a new character, a mage-assassin sort of, with focus on backstabs and hidden body as well as offensive dark sorcery. Hidden body + slumbering dragoncrest ring + aquamarine dagger is such a potent combo and trivializes much of the game. I love that playstyle of just sneaking up and backstab enemies and regain health with Aldrichs ruby at the same time. And it struck me how easy it makes the game and how From implements an easy mode within the game design without specifically having an easy mode toggle. It makes the constant crying for an easy mode even more funnier.

SolidQ

Finished: Tales of Vesperia and Rage 2
Playing now The Legend of Heroes Cold Steel 1, next is Wolfenstein 2 and The Legend of Heroes Cold Steel 2

Brawlhalla.

Pretty fun game but I feel like I'm missing something as other people are SO much better than me. Is it based on timing your attacks right?

Sable, is legitimately 2021 chill game of the year. I'm absolutely loving the experience, but the game has bugs that need to be ironed out. UI glitches, constant stuttering, and odd performance drops all around. They aren't enough to turn me away thankfully but can be annoying. I'm sure they'll continue to patch it. Playing on Series X.

Jennings

I've been playing a lot of Warhammer 40,000 Gladius - Relics of War on GOG.

I've put around 20 hours into it but I'm just not feeling it. I've spent years playing CIV 1 through 5, and all the Age of Wonders strategy games, and maybe they spoiled me, but this game seems so bare bones by comparison and I'm having trouble staying interested. The games are too similar from one match to the next, and perhaps the game would be best experienced in multiplayer, but whatever the reason I'm probably gonna shelve it soon. Before I do I'll try playing a different race and see how that feels. I bought the game on sale but I'd still like to get more out of it.

Last edited:

RAIDEN1

Because Sony decided to bring out a dodgy systems update (9.00) which runs the risk of bricking your console...means that there are restrictions on what you can play "off-line" I was looking forward to playing/updating PES 2021 some of my online purchases from the store from many months ago...but I can't do it until they decide to bring out patch 9.01 .....what are Sony playing at? Not even sure if I can try my recent purchase of God of War unless it needs a software update first!

capsule_616x353.jpg

Said I'll try this game out and ended up playing it for nearly 3 hours. So yeah, this is super addictive and fun. Managing your own vault did sound good on paper but I wasn't expecting to be this taken by it.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Because Sony decided to bring out a dodgy systems update (9.00) which runs the risk of bricking your console...means that there are restrictions on what you can play "off-line" I was looking forward to playing/updating PES 2021 some of my online purchases from the store from many months ago...but I can't do it until they decide to bring out patch 9.01 .....what are Sony playing at? Not even sure if I can try my recent purchase of God of War unless it needs a software update first!
I'm in the same boat, I refuse to update my PS4 until 9.01. I don't really game online, but there's some stuff I wanted to download to my PS4 to play like Castlevania and Actraiser, but it'll have to wait. Maybe I'll reconsider and just risk it if by November there still isn't an update. I'm not waiting until January to update my PS4, I'll say that.

I beat Tales of Arise and Kena.

Next up: F.I.S.T, Deathloop, Apsulov, Ghostrunner, Far Cry 6.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Life is Strange Wavelengths DLC. So far it feels a bit too confined. One is too isolated while playing, existing only within the confines of the record store and radio booth, with all interactions with others occurring via text message, phone app, or live calls to the station. This is of course all by design in order to put the player into the same position Steph is in during working hours - but the result is something that feels decidingly lesser than the game proper.

SpiceRacz

Planescape: Torment. The story and dialogue in this is fantastic so far. I can see why it's so highly regarded.

Also started Harmony of Dissonance. This is a replay for me as I beat it when it came out.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I also finally downloaded FFXV Royal Edition since it's free with PS5's PS+. I had forgotten just how much content had released after I had already finished it back in the day on my PS4 Pro. So, fingers crossed. Hope there's a performance mode too.

Erik241294

Neo Member
Monster Hunter World Iceborne (yes I know I'm late for the party)
D2 Resurrected
... currently waiting for Shin Megami Tensei V

IKSTUGA

I'm playing Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice for All while waiting for Metroid Dread. So far it's been amazing. Yes, even the infamous circus case.

drganon

Finished Disgea 5. It was a pretty fun experience, there was only a few annoying maps. Probably will check out 6 eventually.

Heading back into lost Judgment to do the side content since I'm done with the main story.

GymWolf

I also finally downloaded FFXV Royal Edition since it's free with PS5's PS+. I had forgotten just how much content had released after I had already finished it back in the day on my PS4 Pro. So, fingers crossed. Hope there's a performance mode too.
Do they fixed the camera, the game being a cakewalk and all the other flaws?!

Nozz-A-La

Lost Words: Beyond the Page.

Absolutely loving it so far. It’s written by Rhianna Pratchett, who is the daughter of the amazing author Terry Pratchett.

Last edited:

Shai-Tan

Banned
Tried loads of demos from Steam Next fest and didn't particularly like any of them. Inscryption is only one I can see myself buying on release. A few of the metroidvanias were ok but I never even finished Hollow Knight or Dead Cells yet

Also playing Half Life Alyx which is great but also disappointing because there is no next gen physics or other VR feature. It's just a good shooter with some puzzles that aren't that interesting. But it at least has hand occlusion with environment

Outer Wilds

Started it the other day and I'm having a lot of fun exploring, space is amazing! But also, scary! Did not expect to be spooked when I saw the trailer.

I also just beat Deathloop and although fun - would wait on a sale

Vaelka

I bought a game called '' Blade Assault '' that was on sale recently that I am about to start playing.

I also have Devil Slayer - Raksasi that I am playing currently and I have Bladed Fury lined up too that I bought way back but haven't played yet.
I've really been getting into these types of games lately.

Last edited:

Vagswarm

Still rockin the Diablo 2 Ressurected and likely will be for a while. Got a lot of items in the shared stash to try out on new characters, lol. Unfortunately, Prey had to take a back seat for a while. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

chixdiggit

I've been playing a lot of Warhammer 40,000 Gladius - Relics of War on GOG.

I've put around 20 hours into it but I'm just not feeling it. I've spent years playing CIV 1 through 5, and all the Age of Wonders strategy games, and maybe they spoiled me, but this game seems so bare bones by comparison and I'm having trouble staying interested. The games are too similar from one match to the next, and perhaps the game would be best experienced in multiplayer, but whatever the reason I'm probably gonna shelve it soon. Before I do I'll try playing a different race and see how that feels. I bought the game on sale but I'd still like to get more out of it.
I really enjoyed Gladius but understand it's not for everyone.
My favorite part of 4X games is amassing an army and taking over the land by brute force. Strategizing my defenses along with my offense to take over parts of the map and eventually crushing my enemies.
This is something that Civ and other 4X games seem to get farther from over the years focusing on other ways to win. Winning a match by diplomacy, science, or whatever just isn't as satisfying.
Gladius focuses on my favorite part so for me the game is fantastic.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
60 hours in AC Odyssey and it has to be one of the most uninspired, repetitive games I've played as of late. Every cave is copy paste, every tomb and military camp is copy paste. You fight the same 4-5 enemies and loot the same 5-6 different variations of weapon. Tons of fetch quests. Grindy as fuck. No good set pieces so far, despite leaning on to one of the richest mythologies and the level scaling makes it feel like I'm not doing any progression at all. And to top it off, Ubi has also locked all of the good stuff behind mtx, from dlc to skins and weapons. If it was free to play I can understand but full price? Absolutely disgusting. Glad I got the complete edition for a bargain, would've felt duped if I was day one. Last AC I'm gonna bother with.

Last edited:
I'm almost halfway into Halo: CE on the S. I'm enjoying the little blast from the past, but I'm salivating for when I get to Halo 3. I'll probably knock out all the Halo games before moving on to anything new. After that, I'm probably going to get FC6. I might play a little Zuma and Zuma's Revenge because I'm built different. ;)

fart town usa

Gold Member
A few, haven't been gaming much the past few months but the last 2 weeks I've been chipping away at,

Doom 3 - XBOX
Silent Hill 2 - XBOX
Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance - Wii U
Darksiders - Wii U

Also recently picked up Smash Bros Wii U so a bit of that but I've never been the biggest Smash fan. Too chaotic, half the time I don't know what I'm doing, lol.

Top Bottom