• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

The Crew 2.

I like to use it as a road trip simulator. Stick some music on and just drive around for an hour so. It's very relaxing to me and there's no other game out there that really captures that authentic road trip feel.

So, I just got a Series X and gamepass and reinvigorated my love of gaming. The increased framerates have made my old games like they're new again. That's a good feeling bc I was starting to lose interest, honestly. But, this has allowed me to come back and finish games I never did. That said, here are my games:

Dead space
Battlefield 2042 beta, 4, and Hardline
Sea of thieves
Apex
Visage
Ori
Also I just bought Dark Souls 3 and it's on its way. Fitting number since it's my third time buying 🤪 But with 60 fps I think I'll enjoy it more and now I'll commit

Fairly versatile list, and that's another reason I love gamepass. Microsoft has blown it out the water with that one.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Battlefield 2042 beta (today is the last day I can play it)
Deathloop (still having a blast and finding stuff)
Siege (new patch gives some fun new buffs for Clash and Kapkan)
Hell Let Loose (not really liking it though)
Final Fantasy XV (my chill out game, taking it super slow)

Will start Far Cry 6 soon.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
ActRaiser - In the third zone. Such a good remake with few flaws

New World - Mostly just grinding while we await server transfers so me and my bud can start adventuring together

Strongly considering Far Cry 6 on PS5

assurdum

Banned
Demon's Souls on ps5 and I really regret it. Don't know what people find of so special about it, personally I deeply hate the combat system and the control. Too much dated and I have no clue how to hit the enemies with such weird lock system. I missed them constantly.

Last edited:

Cryio

RPCS3:
Sly 2: Band of Thieves (game is VASTLY longer than Sly 1 - significantly more intricate too)
Played 12 hours of Resistance 1, got within 30 minutes of the endgame and said F*** this, game is too unfair/tedious/annoying/brutally hard, so I stopped. Haven't done that in a long time. Tried Resistance 2 but it's currently too unstable for RPCS3 so I'll wait it out. And play it on Easy when the time comes.

Put the rest of my RPCS3 collection on pause as I need to prioritize

PC:
Co-op: Trine 3 with a friend
Co-op: Rocket League here and then

Last edited:
My pickups this week and bang goes the overtime pay :(

xE05f7m.jpg

EwOEGeo.jpg

Last edited:
Finished Yakuza 5 (8/10, great game but not as good as Y0, mainly due to pacing) and now startED Yakuza LAD. Ichiban is such a delightful goofball! Hope the combat gets more complex and tactical later on as right now it's rather barebones.

kunonabi

I'm on to finally finishing Arc Rise Fantasia and just did a couple runs of the original Metroid. Will probably play Return of Samus too.

RAIDEN1

I'm in the same boat, I refuse to update my PS4 until 9.01. I don't really game online, but there's some stuff I wanted to download to my PS4 to play like Castlevania and Actraiser, but it'll have to wait. Maybe I'll reconsider and just risk it if by November there still isn't an update. I'm not waiting until January to update my PS4, I'll say that.

I beat Tales of Arise and Kena.

Next up: F.I.S.T, Deathloop, Apsulov, Ghostrunner, Far Cry 6.
Yeah I am on the PS4 Pro just as it is for the base PS4 owners, it is a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't..

Alpha Male

Series X:
Battlefield beta
Far Cry 6
Wasteland 3 DLC

PS5:
Death Stranding Directors
Demon's Souls

Still waiting and eager for Halo Infinite, Battlefield 2042, Riders Republic and Forza Horizon 5!

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Has been replaying Hollow Knight. Just started Moonlighter for the first time. Haven't decided if I'll continue it or not though. Rocket League for some MP stuff in-between games.

Finished Ori and the Will of the Wisps, absolute masterpiece. So now it's lots of Diablo 2:R and Destiny while chipping away at Pathfinder WotR. Good times!

stn

Finished Lost Judgment (PS4), scores an 8/10. Very solid but also the exact same formula. Still, good story. Today I'll continue Tales of Arise (PS4) or start Astral Chain (Switch).

Mr Hyde

AC Odyssey has finally picked up some steam now, story wise. Chapter 6 and level 41. Soon I will access Fate of Atlantis and travel to Elysium, I can battle the fabled monsters and hopefully, it will be some great set pieces. Because this has been kinda dull now lately.

Nico_D

Yakuza 0, my first of the series. At chapter 10. It has been a bit of slowburn at times but it has managed to keep my engaged. Excellent narrative and good enough gameplay.

How are the other games? Is it worth seeing Kiruy's story to the end or better left here?

wOs

Kena, Tales of Arise, Hotwheels. Normally I only play one at a time, but these all have their purpose.

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
Yakuza 0, my first of the series. At chapter 10. It has been a bit of slowburn at times but it has managed to keep my engaged. Excellent narrative and good enough gameplay.

How are the other games? Is it worth seeing Kiruy's story to the end or better left here?
Personally I say they're worth it, but this slowburn is pretty much a stable of the series.

Playing Yakuza 3 after 0/K1/K2 might be a little bit jarring though since it's older.

Mr Hyde

After some careful thinking I've come to the conclusion that my biggest issue with AC Odyssey is that feels like it's coming off an assembly line. It's been focus tested for mass appeal. It's as safe as a AAA production can be. The game is not bad per se, it has some merits of quality. It's a very pretty game, large in scope, tons of content but ultimately soulless and forgettable.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Just had a CTF match on Hang 'm High Halo: CE via MCC and wow It's such an awesome experience; cross map kills with the pistol *when leading your shots, something my teammates weren't aware of) and an awesome white noise esque droning background track.. Such an unique experience

Halo was truly a perfect storm that hasn't been recreated as of yet.

Last edited:

drganon

Finally beat borderlands 1 and most of its dlc. Overall, it was a fun game. Its lack of a story was an improvement over its sequels. Also done with lost Judgment side content for now.

El gallo

Assassins Creed Valhalla (PS5)

And fudging loving it. Beautiful game at 60fps (mostly) with HDR turnt off as i do with all my games on my C9.

Female Eivor is best voiced. Imho

Finished Dread. Easy 10/10. Now to finish Scarlet Nexus (I think I'm around halfway through, maybe slightly more). Gonna play Back 4 Blood for a couple days then.

Phase

Finished Ender Lilies and F.I.S.T.. Loved them both.

It's gotten me to give Hollow Knight another try. Also playing through Hob which is very good.

Last edited:

lachesis

Still on Persona 3 FES, moving like a snail as always. I think I spent at least 30+ hours on this so far, and not even in 1/3rd of the game.

Just finished 3rd full moon boss in the love hotel. Some Yukari "fan-service", but I find her rather annoying so far. She was nuisance in that boss battle, because she's weak against the lightening... and wondered why they "forced" her to be in the battle, I get it now.

Not sure if I like any characters so far - Mitsuru feels like a distant dominatrix, Akihiko looking down on you like he's my uncle, and Yukari is always complaining and Fuuka... Oh poor girl with unfortunate name in so many different levels... Also many people don't seem to care much for Junpei.. thought it was because his goatie, or that silly nature, or that butt crack when he's tired - so I made conscious effort to keep him in my group, properly leveled up with best equipments - because I felt sorry for the dude. But after the 3rd full moon boss battle, he goes all jealous over MC. Damn, dude! I spent so much time grinding for you, Stupei! :(

The trio of "evil" characters - the one that looks like long-haired hippy dude, emo-girl, and some green boy. Hmm. So far, story is still a mystery - but guess something will come along soon...? (I hope?)

I fell a sleep a couple times grinding in the Tartaros, actually. I kinda see how they capped the leveling in this game - but I wish it was a bit more generous. The game is much harder than P4G or P5/P5R for me - that often the team gets wiped out with a little bit of status changes like the Charm on MC. I normally don't die on any given JRPGs as I usually over-prepare, but I've died so many times in this one, and one of the thing is that I can't control any of the party members... although more control options seem to open up little by little.

Still, just going a day by day. Must be a reason why this game is considered the best Persona in terms of storyline, so I am very much looking forward to it.

BouncyFrag

Nier Replicant having just
finished my ‘C’ ending path that was damned good. D and E soon to follow.
I wasn’t sure on getting this but I adore the soundtrack and the party banter and haven’t been disappointed.

Random tip: be sure to get all of the weapons only available in part one before wrapping up part one. It’s important.

Last edited:

kunonabi

So I did play through Return of Samus twice, 100% and best ending run. Game is even better than I remembered and I stand firm that MS botched the Remake.

Also did two run of Super Metroid and yup still absolutely amazing.

Working on Other M now. Still awesome even if I'm rusty.

Fools idol

Banned
After getting the platinum on Deathloop, I'm going to embark on an Arkane binge I think.

DH1, all the DLC
DH2, DLC
DOTO standalone

Going to do a platnum run on each of them. I haven't played any of them since my first release week playthroughs, so will probably feel quite fresh.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Finally getting round to TLOU2……

it’s a beautiful looking game in a drab post-apocalyptic way. It’s just so miserable however. I’m enjoying the encounters but the lust for revenge at all costs is an interesting story but has been done so many times before.

the outrage when this game launched was probably way over exaggerated. It’s a good game but certainly not a 10/10 masterpiece. There was such a polarity when this lunched that I promised I’d not play it until the dust settled. I knew about the spoilers unfortunately but anyone that didn’t see that coming is pretty naive.
It was clear one main character would probably die in the 2nd game.

the polarity of 1/10 and 10/10 is ridiculous as some people hated it so much and others praised it overly. It’s a testament to the talent at naughty dog. The characters are not as memorable as the first i.e Bill etc. but it’s still a decent game and picked it up for about £20 I am very happy.

Fools idol

Banned
Finally getting round to TLOU2……

it’s a beautiful looking game in a drab post-apocalyptic way. It’s just so miserable however. I’m enjoying the encounters but the lust for revenge at all costs is an interesting story but has been done so many times before.

the outrage when this game launched was probably way over exaggerated. It’s a good game but certainly not a 10/10 masterpiece. There was such a polarity when this lunched that I promised I’d not play it until the dust settled. I knew about the spoilers unfortunately but anyone that didn’t see that coming is pretty naive.
It was clear one main character would probably die in the 2nd game.

the polarity of 1/10 and 10/10 is ridiculous as some people hated it so much and others praised it overly. It’s a testament to the talent at naughty dog. The characters are not as memorable as the first i.e Bill etc. but it’s still a decent game and picked it up for about £20 I am very happy.

The outrage was entirely down to a small but vocal minority of players that were upset that a certain beloved character is killed off in the first hour or so to make way for a new lead character that they didn't like... I personally really liked the game and characters way more than I did the original.

It's not a 10 / 10, agreed, but I think I would be putting w 9.5 at the very least. I thought it was great.

Top Bottom