• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Games are for Widescreen HDTV?

tenchir

My sister just got a 55" widescreen HDTV. What games has widescreen support for GC/PS2/XBX? Do I need component cables to take advantage of widescreen or are they only for HD resolutions?

My sister just got a 55" widescreen HDTV. What games has widescreen support for GC/PS2/XBX? Do I need component cables to take advantage of widescreen or are they only for HD resolutions?

You don't need component cables for Widescreen, but 99% of Xbox games, a lot of GC games, and a handful of PS2 games support progressive scan 480p.

You literally lose half of the resolution by not buying the component cables.

http://www.hdtvarcade.com/ maintains a fairly accurate list of what games support widescreen, 480p, and other 'advanced' graphics and sound.

flsh

Banned
Try F- Zero GX. It looks so good in widescreen and unlike many games this gen it's true widescreen (I know a lot of the PS2 widescreen games simply cut the top and buttom of the pictre instead of actually adding content to the sides. Not sure how the xbox games handle widescreen)

tenchir

beermonkey@tehbias said:
You don't need component cables for Widescreen, but 99% of Xbox games, a lot of GC games, and a handful of PS2 games support progressive scan 480p.

You literally lose half of the resolution by not buying the component cables.

http://www.hdtvarcade.com/ maintains a fairly accurate list of what games support widescreen, 480p, and other 'advanced' graphics and sound.

Thanks a lot!

Blimblim

The Inside Track
BlackClouds said:
That's BS, only a relatively few games support widescreen. Good thing that a good stretch mode seems to work well for games. www.HDGAMES.NET is a good website to start out at.
Gazunta is a developer, he was talking about the games done by his company.

Oh, sorry about that then...figures I'd jump on one of the good guys. All games should be widescreen, and progressive scan. No brainers to me.

Get some component cables and play Amped 2 on that TV, STAT. I'm not really a fan of the game but my good god does it look amazing on my 57" HDTV in 720p. It has widescreen support and it's crystal clear. IMO, it's easily one of the more impressive HD games currently available.

And screw 480p games, widescreen or not they'll end up looking like shit on a big screen TV.

Top Bottom