• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What if the world was better?

Saw this online.

a6qWgDe_700bwp.webp

Sad Adam Ruins GIF by truTV’s Adam Ruins Everything

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I didnt say I prefer fantasy. Escaping is great but at the end of the day reality is, well, real.

I know. I did say that I prefer it. Reality is real and that's why I prefer it. That's what makes it better.

The "better" aspect of fantasy is always going to be subjectively constrained by its creators, which by definition doesn't make it "better" for everyone.

Meicyn

Gold Member
I mean, I’d have gone with Ukraine not being invaded, the Hamas murder and raping spree on October 7th 2023 not happening, and a whole slew of other things if we’re fantasizing about a better world. But hey, I guess preventing a transgender Hollywood actor making the decision to do what they want with their own body is the priority here.

clarky

Gold Member
Came into the thread expecting world peace, no religion or race and got some bullshit mainly about celebrities and a Gorilla.

Total fail.

Your idea of fun is the fantasy of Ellen Page not making the decision to do cosmetic surgery? That’s fucking weird bro.
My dumdum guy, war, people dying, has been going for as long as the planet existed. If you cant enjoy stuff, then why dont you do us all a favor and gtfo?

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Back when I lived on Earth-1, we were always whining about how in a better timeline COVID would have only lasted two years, the cast of Pirates of the Caribbean wouldn't have died in 9/11-2 (it happened twice), and Disneyland wouldn't have become a global nuclear superpower. It took a few tries, but I'm pretty satisfied with Earth-14 (this timeline).

Winter John

Gold Member
I can think of one way to make the world infinitely more better almost immediately. We take all you fuckin culture warriors and dump you in the middle of the ocean with your fuckin politicians, lifestyle gurus and media influencers.

Johnny2Bad

Mark David Chapman buys a gun and then accidentally shoots himself in the face.

Boris Yeltsin executes all the KGB agents including Vladimir Putin.

Pol Pot and all the Khmer Rouge leadership are killed in a U.S. bombing raid.

Adolf Hitler is shanked and killed in prison.

nkarafo

We are not immortals so knowing we are not leaving a perfect world makes it a bit easier to cope with the inevitable. But it also needs to be good enough to not want to leave it sooner than it needs to be.

Here's more: Shitty things make you appreciate the good things more. There can't be light without darkness, etc. And this:

thanos-perfectlybalanced.png

GymWolf

I can think of one way to make the world infinitely more better almost immediately. We take all you fuckin culture warriors and dump you in the middle of the ocean with your fuckin politicians, lifestyle gurus and media influencers.
They would infect fishes and shit.

Good luck eating a seabass that identify as a lobster.

Mistake

Came into the thread expecting world peace, no religion or race and got some bullshit mainly about celebrities and a Gorilla.

Total fail.
No religion or.....race? So everyone are gray blobs or something? Or you mean race issues? Even when people take those things out of account, we still find stupid ways to kill each other. Look at crips vs bloods, or civil wars.
I'm sorry??
I saw you as joking around, but he took your comment to be the very thing he's complaining about

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
No religion or.....race? So everyone are gray blobs or something? Or you mean race issues? Even when people take those things out of account, we still find stupid ways to kill each other. Look at crips vs bloods, or civil wars.

I saw you as joking around, but he took your comment to be the very thing he's complaining about
Grey blobs? whatever you're smoking i'll have some please.

I came into the thread expecting the issues I mentioned, world peace, wiping out religion, not recognising race etc instead of the celebrity nonsense in the OP. Not saying those ideas will solve all the worlds issues but would certainly be a start.

Though it was pretty obvious what I was posting, maybe my English was a little off, i'll try better in furture.

Top Bottom