• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Is That Username?

Account membership on NeoGAF involves creating a mandatory username for the purposes of identification and cataloguing. But for those of us who have been on this forum for a long time, we’re accustomed to seeing the same people on a daily basis, we attach fond memories and interactions whenever we see those usernames and thus this thread came to be.

You can choose multiple usernames except your own for submission and the reasons can vary from sounding cool, being funny or stirring intrigue. I would like to mention that although I’m not against people submitting friend’s usernames, the purpose of this thread is to highlight the name itself above all else.

Mine:

Punished Miku Punished Miku

This one is equal parts amusing and fascinating. I’m not sure what a “Miku” is, I’m going to assume it’s one of those hentai terms. And what is he so punished about when he’s swimming in that NeoGAF Golddddd?

Last edited:

Javthusiast

Banned
Account membership on NeoGAF involves creating a mandatory username for the purposes of identification and cataloguing. But for those of us who have been on this forum for a long time, we’re accustomed to seeing the same people on a daily basis, we attach fond memories and interactions whenever we see those usernames and thus this thread came to be.

You can choose one username except your own for submission and the reasons can vary from it sounding cool, being funny or stirring intrigue. I would like to mention that although I’m not against people submitting friend’s usernames, the purpose of this thread is to highlight name itself above all else.

Mine:

Punished Miku Punished Miku

This one is equal parts amusing and fascinating. I’m not sure what a “Miku” is, I’m going to assume it’s one of those hentai terms. And what is he so punished about when he’s swimming in that NeoGAF Golddddd?

I always assumed it was Punished Hatsune Miku. xD

Javthusiast

Banned
I’m even more confused now.

3e4.png

Corpsepyre

Banned
Well, Corpsepyre is the name of the very first band me and a friend formed around 2002. Played death metal with some doom thrown in some tracks. Recorded two demos, played a handful of shows here in Pakistan, and had fun. Broke up around 2005.

Edit: whoops. Sorry, didn't read the part about not choosing your own name. Oh well.

Last edited:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Mine is to promote my youtube channel. W stands for Woz.
Then you were one of those guests with James Rolf back in the day?

Regarding OP, I don't think Punished Miku Punished Miku had that name coming into GAF. There was a point where like 2 or three times he requested a ban and E.L. kept denying it. If I remember, the original name was Miku Miku with a Gunm (Battle Angel) avatar. He changed it to 'Punished' because he's like the only guy I've seen request a ban and be denied. Shortly after was when I noticed he changed his name to Punished Miku.

Best user names I've seen:
fart town usa fart town usa , MasterCornholio MasterCornholio , and W What The Fox

Punished Miku

Gold Member

Regarding OP, I don't think Punished Miku Punished Miku had that name coming into GAF. There was a point where like 2 or three times he requested a ban and E.L. kept denying it. If I remember, the original name was Miku Miku with a Gunm (Battle Angel) avatar. He changed it to 'Punished' because he's like the only guy I've seen request a ban and be denied. Shortly after was when I noticed he changed his name to Punished Miku.

fart town usa fart town usa , MasterCornholio MasterCornholio , and W What The Fox
You have a good memory!

I’m not seeing many mentions of people’s names as there are some good ones here on NeoGAF. I also chose to remove the one submission restriction because most people don’t follow it regardless 😂.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Oh yeah I am great friends with all the youtubers. I will give you a shoutout tomorrow on my channel. Nintendo has given me early access copies of Zelda: Topsy Turvy Lando (Japanese title) and Metroid Dread!
Thanks! I think GAF deserves a big shout-out in general.

Tschumi

One of my favourite architects.

Also my avatar is of a character from a hugely positive anime by a very friendly anime director whom i know all about and who just wants the world to be happy named yuasa masaaki, the character's called Senpai.

Mixed with Shinren and Front Mission 3.

sexy leonardo dicaprio GIF

Last edited:
Well, Corpsepyre is the name of the very first band me and a friend formed around 2002. Played death metal with some doom thrown in some tracks. Recorded two demos, played a handful of shows here in Pakistan, and had fun. Broke up around 2005.

Edit: whoops. Sorry, didn't read the part about not choosing your own name. Oh well.
Quoting to underline how badass it is to have a death metal band in Pakistan.

Up the horns!

(smirks)

There's no evidence.

I don't even like buffy. I mean, I watched it all, and my fave character is spike, but I'm not like thinking about it all the time or anything. I also like Willow cause I got a thing for redheads. Remember that episode where everybody was singing like they were in a musical? Anyways, everyone our age watched buffy so it doesn't prove anything. I mean my age. nfi what age teezzy is obviously

(smirks)

There's no evidence.

I don't even like buffy. I mean, I watched it all, and my fave character is spike, but I'm not like thinking about it all the time or anything. I also like Willow cause I got a thing for redheads. Remember that episode where everybody was singing like they were in a musical? Anyways, everyone our age watched buffy so it doesn't prove anything. I mean my age. nfi what age teezzy is obviously
Don't wish to be rude, but who are you exactly? I've seen that username before, goes to show how nobody knows everybody on NeoGAF.
I still miss and 3 others and 3 others , it was so pleasant and relaxing to see his nickname and imagine three more people agreed with you.
He caught the ban-hammer? Always thought he was quite cordial.

fart town usa

Gold Member

lol, thanks dude.

I've mentioned it before but my buddy Joe came up with it years ago. He was filling out some registration form on his computer and put the name of his city as Fart Town, it was just so dumb and juvenile that we couldn't stop laughing.

edit- Why I chose that as my name for GAF, I have no idea. Back in 2009 GAF was intimidating, probably at the height of it's power. Being a junior member back then was intense!! lol.

Last edited:

Mexen

When I think of GAF usernames, Dicer comes to mind and that profile of the winking person with their tongue out. I say person because I couldn't tell their gender. Androgynous. Beauty perfected. I'll gladly stay ignorant.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
I've always been curious about Javthusiast Javthusiast .

It appears that the word, "enthusiast" makes up part of his name, but what is the "jav" all about ? 🤔

Last edited:

Toots

Gold Member
One of my favourite architects.

Also my avatar is of a character from a hugely positive anime by a very friendly anime director whom i know all about and who just wants the world to be happy named yuasa masaaki, the character's called Senpai.

Mixed with Shinren and Front Mission 3.

sexy leonardo dicaprio GIF
Dude i always thought your name had some connexion with Michael Schumacher idk why :messenger_tears_of_joy:
And you're spot on, Yuasa Masaaki, from Kemonozume and devil man cry baby's fame, is a genius.

As a full blown Communist I adore your name.
Are you kidding, trolling, or completely unaware of what you're talking about?
As Scorpion would say : "KHMER! so i can whoop your ass for being dumb"

Top Bottom