• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the best smartwatch 2024

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
For you in terms of features, technology, class and health features. What do you consider the best watch of 2024?

I think the Samsung Galaxy Watches have a great combination of looks, features, and battery life. I upgraded from the Warch4 to the Watch6 a few months ago and it's been a fantastic watch

Cyberpunkd

Smart features first, sport later = Apple Watch

Sport features first, smart later = Garmin

That’s all you need. Let us know your use case and we might narrow it down.

FYI, we are 100% iOS household except watches (Garmin).

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
And Samsung Galaxy Watch6 Classic, Huawei Watch Ultimate, Apple Watch Ultra 2, Garmin Fenix 7S...

Which is more modern or high value?

😃

Coconutt

Samsung watch 6 classic cause it's the one I own. I also like spinning the bezel like Ben 10s watch.
ZYLQX05.gif

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I like my Galaxy watch cause it you know looks like a watch and not whatever the fuck that Apple thing looks like, plus I only need to charge it every other day

Tams

Overall? Apple. Smart features and fitness tracking are great.
It's just a shame you have to at least be an iPhone user to even use it.

For fitness? Garmin. Hands down. Polar have a better app and I reckon their tracking and analysis are a bit better, but Polar's variety of tracking and smart features are severely lacking. Both have fantastic battery life.

Samsung are the best chocie for Android users, but especially if you are a Samsung user. The design, especially with the rotating bezel, is great. Bear in mind that their fitness tracking is dogshit though and has been for years. And while bringing more utility, the switch from Tizen to Wear OS tanked efficiency (and therefore battery life).

The rest are meh. I have a Fossil Gen 5. It randomly suddenly lags a lot, making it unreliable. No wonder Fossil bailed.

TTOOLL

Garmin Fenix/Epix for anything fitness and some smart features.
If you want gimmick features and ok fitness, then Apple Watch

EDIT: no way the Polar app is better than Garmin's as stated above.

Last edited:

Tams

Garmin Fenix/Epix for anything fitness and some smart features.
If you want gimmick features and ok fitness, then Apple Watch

EDIT: no way the Polar app is better than Garmin's as stated above.

Polar's presentation of fitness data is far better, especially the web interface. Garmin's app is UI mess and they throw the kitchen sink at it. The benefit with Garmin's approach though, is that while finding exactly what you want is difficult, it is there somewhere, no matter how niche.

And barely on topic, but if you're a coach managing several athletes, then Polar's platform is the best for keeping track of their fitness.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
i have a Sammy Watch4 classic and have been recently eyeing up the 6, anyone have one, worth the upgrade or hold on for another year and see what the 7 brings, i've no issues with the 4 other than FOMO

Tams

i have a Sammy Watch4 classic and have been recently eyeing up the 6, anyone have one, worth the upgrade or hold on for another year and see what the 7 brings, i've no issues with the 4 other than FOMO

Hold off, but always a few months after launch the prices start to come down anyway.

The Watch 6 is better (and an improvement over the 5 where they got rid of a rotating bezel version), but battery life hasn't really improved much. The fitness tracking is still bad, though at this point I don't see Samsung ever fixing it.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
I ordered a OnePlus Watch 2 it looks really nice and has great battery life. Unfortunately, Oneplus is incompetent and useless turns out the watch is incompatible with quite a few phones mine being one of them the Vivo X80 pro, the Oppo Find X7 Ultra and more so I had to return it for a refund. Support wasnt able to tell me why the watch was incompatible. They actually never got back to me after their initial "our team is looking into it" msg via xitter

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Garmin Epix Pro Gen2 Sapphire.
This is the exact watch I have, and I love it. Great features, good screen, amazing battery life (even when the screen is on all the time). Their app has good features and tracks a ton of stuff. I have it combined with their blood pressure cuff and smart scale to get a more complete picture.

I can't imagine how I ever trained without this watch - it tracks sleep, recovery, etc. in such a way that combines with their training program to really push me without going overboard. It even tells me estimated times on running events, which have so far been really close!

I initially got this based on my doctor's "unofficial" recommendation, and I'm glad I did. I've dropped a ton of weight, and I'm in better race condition than I've been in years.

Top Bottom