• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the worst physical pain you have experienced?

Mikado

Gold Member
Oh once Knockout myself out while not aware so it doesn't count i guess.

rWAjgyR.jpg

Head wounds are always fucking dramatic 🩸 🩸 🩸

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
I don't even like to discuss it because it seems pretty pussy compared to some others in here. I once spent the day at the beach with no sunscreen. It was overcast and not too hot so I didn't even think about it. I got insanely burned 2nd degree burns with huge puss filled blisters on my shoulders and upper back. It was terrible pain for days I was in tears and I couldn't even work.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I don't even like to discuss it because it seems pretty pussy compared to some others in here. I once spent the day at the beach with no sunscreen. It was overcast and not too hot so I didn't even think about it. I got insanely burned 2nd degree burns with huge puss filled blisters on my shoulders and upper back. It was terrible pain for days I was in tears and I couldn't even work.

Brother. Second degrees are awfull. Puss? Damn i thought mine were bad.

I was drunk and spilled boiling oil on my left food.

Seemed ok. Till it started bloating. All that skin disintegrated and left me with a zombie foot. At night it would heal and form scabs. But whenever getting up and walk those scabs would break causing immense pain.

Music Video Pain GIF by Wrabel

Fuz

Banned
Got gallstones that some times move around and fuck me up bad. Painkillers don't work on that. I feel my stomach is swolle and I can't do nothing, I feel uncomfortable in any position and I can just sleep it out.
Recently a kidney stone was pretty fucking intense pain.
A tooth that was supposed to be devitalized but the dentist left some nerves, and (many) years later became swollen and had to go through surgery again. The pain was insane.
Got a gold ball in the balls. Twice.
Skewered my feet with a rusty nail that was sticking from a plank while running in my garden as a kid.
Worst of all, penicillin shot as a child. Can't remember how long it lasted but it was a nightmare. I was lying down and couldn't move a single muscle without feeling tremendous muscular pain.

I'll stop here, I could write a book, lol.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Hey, you reminded me of one!
I live near the beach and I never used sunscreen, so I *always* got burnt as a kid.
But once I had it so bad that I couldn't even walk, because air pressure on my body would cause me immense pain.
Here's the twist: my mother just learned (from a... really weird doctor she's friend with) how to make hypericum oil. Took like 5 minutes after the application to make me not feel pain at all anymore, a real fucking real life miracle. And I've never felst burn pain ever again after that.

StueyDuck

Kidney stone.... 100000000% kidney stone

The only time I've thrown up from pain

And I've been through some shit, I've torn a ligament in my ankle with football, dislocated my arm at rugby, broken many bones, some in a very bad car accident, kinda semi stabbed in a bar fight (not really but the bottle definitely pierce 2cm or so), I had to fight hodgekins lymphoma so imagine a year of constant intense chemotherapy and so on and so forth.

After all that, kidney stones were the only time I thought to myself, that's it I'm dying, get your life in order.

Literally messaged my mom with a big soppy I love you forever type message 🤣. To make matters worse the hospital was a 40 minute drive and I had to pull over just to vommit and some passers by basically had to stop and bring me back to consciousness... thing about kidney stones is you are bound to have more than one in your life and I am shit terrified of a second coming

Last edited:

intbal

Gallstones are the worst pain I've ever felt. But I know how to avoid them now.

From external sources the worst pain I've ever had was a lidocaine shot underneath my fingernail.

trikster40

Tie between a kidney stone and a tooth infection. Kidney stone started off feeling like I was getting stabbed in the back then felt like someone was repeatedly kicking me in the balls as it worked its way thru.

Tooth infection felt like someone was sticking an ice pick directly into my brain. And dentist had nerve to try to make me wait 2 weeks for a root canal. F that. Got it done that day.

Alebrije

I tored two tendons in my rigt shoulder which basically left my arm immobile for months. The most painfull thing -besides the moment of tearing- is that sometimes the pain migrated from the shoulder to my elbow and wrist and it felt as if the whole arm had been crushed...there was not pain killer that helped those moments and there were tons of nights a spent time awaken because it was impossible to sleep.

Last edited:
Three bulging disks from a martial arts grading. For 72 hours I was hunched over dragging my right leg. My life was in limbo for two years and my biggest regret was not seeing a chiropractor sooner.

The Tramadol was moreish.

NICLyKD.gif

Bonus : I was Ironing naked and not paying attention, which caused me to burn my penis.

m7S4JKO.gif

Last edited:
Holy shit how could I forget having an inner ear infection/perforated eardrum which hospitalised me. I'd rather throw my back out again than endure a stent forced down my swollen closed shut ear canal for a second time. They offered me morphine at the time, but I was to apprehensive about taking it.

Crayon

I've had a couple motorcycle accidents, a huge german shepard sink his teeth into my ass, and some shit you would think is worse than some little tiny thing. But the worst ever was slaming a M3 machine screw (they are blunt, not pointy) into my shin. Not "into" like it hit my shin. "Into" like in the bone. The next three hours it hurt so bad that my ears were ringing and I almost felt like I was on a pychedelic or something.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
A pimple on the inside of my nose is pretty unpleasant.

I had upper enema (not sure of the proper name) one time and the nurse must have done something wrong with the tube or something because it felt like my entire innards were tearing apart and felt on fire.

I also had a sleep walking dream/awake nightmare thing when I was a child. I remember it 100% as the pain was so intense. In the dream, I had swilled something that was tearing out from stomach with claws. It wasn’t real, it I believed it was real and the pain felt real. I eventually blacked out from the pain, but woke up in reality, to my parents getting ready to take me to the hospital. I was 100% fine as it was all in my head in a dream, but it felt real and I remember all of it. It was messed up. I’ve probably mentally embellished it over the last 30 years though I suspect.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Last summer I supposedly overdosed on liquor and benzos and fell into a semi coma. Long story long. My friend couldn't contact me. Had a bad feeling. Searched my brother on FB. Miraculous was online. Contacted my dad. Came over. Found my on my bed. Couldn't wake me up. Called dutch 911. Ambulance arrived. Stomped on my chest. I woke up. Brought me to the hospital. Manipulated the psychiatrist that arrived 2 hours later that i was fine and went back to bed.

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
Last summer I supposedly overdosed on liquor and benzos and fell into a semi coma. Long story long. My friend couldn't contact me. Had a bad feeling. Searched my brother on FB. Miraculous was online. Contacted my dad. Came over. Found my on my bed. Couldn't wake me up. Called dutch 911. Ambulance arrived. Stomped on my chest. I woke up. Brought me to the hospital. Manipulated the psychiatrist that arrived 2 hours later that i was fine and went back to bed.
Why are you still alive.

Git yer shit together 😆❤️

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
A few years ago I had shingles, it was awful.

I sought help for it too late, so I suffered the illness at its full glory.

Never put off going to the doctor if you're covered.

Loope

First it was the dislocated shoulder several times (around 14 or 15) and i thought it was bad, ooooh boy was i wrong.

Got it by a accute pancreatitis, it's just fucking up there for me, 10 on the 10 scale. It's like being ripped to shreds on the inside, every fucking thing hurts.

Your bowls, your kidneys, bladder, you name it. It's just endless pain.

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
I work electrical, back when I was an apprentice I took a 415v flash across the back of my left hand. Burnt my skin clean off. The word pain does not do justice to how it felt.

Burns are the absolute worst
I'm glad you survived otherwise my custom tag wouldn't exist 😃❤️

About 20 years ago when i was in college i was sharing a bedroom with a friend of mine in a house-share and we were watching TV one evening and shooting the shit. I sort of yawned and stretched at one point and something "clicked" in the back of my right knee and i experienced the most blindingly intense pain i have ever encountered. My entire body tensed up and i couldn't even speak. My friend thought i has having a stroke or a brain hemorrhage because i completely locked up and couldn't answer him when he was asking me what was wrong. I snapped out of it after 5 minutes or so but i limped around for the next few days because my knee was really stiff.

Fast forward 10 years and i was in work one day on my own and the same knee started to feel weird so i sat down. A few seconds later them same intense pain happened again and i legit thought i was going to break every tooth in my head with how tight i was clenching my jaw. I limped around for the rest of my shift and took the next couple of days off because i could barely move.

Both times i went to my doctor and they couldn't find anything wrong but i still live in fear of it happening again because i can remember the feeling of what it was like the few seconds before it happened. The best way i can describe the pain is as "white", everything outside of it just disappeared. It pretty much shut off my entire body and the few minutes it was happening felt like an eternity.

Hudo

Please don't tell me you used to steal your coworkers lunches 😆
Nah, if I fancy eating lunch at work (which is very rare) then I just go to our canteen or one of the surrounding restaurants/cafés on campus.

Edit: Shoutout to my Mom, who raised me to not steal shit. (Love you Mom).

Last edited:
Top Bottom