• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is this crap Ubisoft is trying to pull with Rainbow Six Siege

bitbydeath

Gold Member
I don't know if this has come up before but it looks like Ubisoft has pulled the original Rainbow Six Siege game from the PSN store and replaced it with a newer version.

Trying to search for Rainbow 6 on the PSN store brings up the following and as you can see each title suggests money needs to change hands. (Along with a new icon)
pfklyfq.jpg

Meanwhile in my Library is the original Rainbow Six which as you can see was purchased back in 2016 and still has the original icon.
XmfEJPs.jpg

Seems like a very scummy practice to try trick people into purchasing the same game twice.
Note: I can still download and play the original just fine with all the updates.

autoduelist

Doesn't seem like a problem to me. They're just stopping people from buying the base version since even the deluxe versions are so cheap now.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Doesn't seem like a problem to me. They're just stopping people from buying the base version since even the deluxe versions are so cheap now.

They should just mark it as ‘unavailable’ for purchase but still leave it up for re-downloads.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
It will still be in your downloads.

It is, but there will no doubt be many people out there not aware you could go this route.

Just like the drama that unfolded when PT was taken down and others later found out you could grab it from your downloads.

Mista

Banned
I don’t agree with this practise but at the same time I have to say it mate, the base version is definitely not worth it

The grind to unlock the characters is absurd. They could’ve tweaked it though instead of removing the base version.

Mattyp

Gold Member
If people who already own Siege think they need to rebuy the game to play it again the onus is on them being dumb.

Woo-Fu

Banned
You have bundles check-marked. The base game isn't going to show up under that search criteria, regardless of whether or not it is still available.

Reactions: AV

Aion002

The first version didn't include the year one pass, they took that down and are selling for a cheaper price the deluxe edition, that includes the year one pass.

If someone who already own the normal version buys the deluxe, they will get the pass. I think if you already have the season one pass you can't buy that version.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
I don’t agree with this practise but at the same time I have to say it mate, the base version is definitely not worth it

The grind to unlock the characters is absurd. They could’ve tweaked it though instead of removing the base version.

It should still be available to download on the store.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
I don't have a problem with changing the SKU's, but I do have a problem with both the PlayStation and Xbox store not telling me I already own a game if for whatever reason I'm going to buy a different SKU that also contains the game. This is on the stores and not the publishers. They both do it and it's bullshit. It should be impossible for anyone to buy the same game digitally twice, unless it is for gifting. At the very least, throw up a message telling me I already own one or more items included in what I'm about to buy.

Last edited:

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
It is, but there will no doubt be many people out there not aware you could go this route.

Just like the drama that unfolded when PT was taken down and others later found out you could grab it from your downloads.
You can't save everyone from being stupid
Nor can you force people to learn things

Instead of people going "Man where did it go?!" it would be "Why the hell is it unavailable??"

I dunno, in my eyes, to have something you're not going to "restock," in that sense using data/space on your shelf, it isn't worth it
Better to utilize that space to show products you actually sell/restock

Top Bottom