• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Is Your Favorite MAR-PG?

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
mario and luigi cos it's the only one i've played. but it's an amazing game - one of the very few japanese rpg's i can still tolerate. i need to play paper mario before the sequel shows up.

Superstar Saga > Super Mario RPG > Paper Mario (which I still love)

Superstar Saga is just brilliantly written and localized. The music is killer, and the battle system is the best of the lot. It also has a whole host of brilliant (and new) characters.

Mario RPG has a wonderful original world with cool characters and a neat story.

Paper Mario has a killer style and a fun story, with a fun battle system.

I do not like Super Mario RPG at all. I don't know anyone offhand that agrees with me, but it just didn't feel right. Between the weird new characters, the strange "3D" graphics and that I just felt the game was lacking normal Mario charm, I was never into it.

I love the other games though. I think I'm going with Mario and Luigi as my favorite.

I love them all equally for very different reasons, but the funny thing is I nearly passed them all up. I rented and played though much of Mario RPG in the late Snes days, but I did not buy it used and beat it until the 64 days. Initially I was not going to touch it at all because it seemed too silly and I had been playing Final Fantasy III and Chrono Triggger incessantly for some time.

Paper Mario I picked up used about two years ago or less when I saw a copy for $30 at Hollywood video, and Mario & Luigi I almost passed up because I was already well into Fire Emblem and Sword of Mana was about to come out.

I do not intend to make the mistake ever again. Paper Mario is my most wanted game after Final Fantasy 12 and Suikoden 4, and it comes out well before.

ge-man

Paper Mario definately takes the prize for me. It's amazing how much it feels like a Mario game without having even the same gameplay. On top of that, the gameplay is tops. It's as deep as it is streamlined.

Mario RPG > Mario and Luigi > Paper Mario

Why, Mario RPG was simple and fun with a decent sense of humor. Mario and Luigi had a great sense of humor. And PM...Well...

Top Bottom