• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Other Games Feature A Hot Female Protagonist Like Stellar Blade In Recent Years?

I'm more interested in them creating an interesting protagonist than one worth jerking off to.

You might as well ask if they're making a hot male protagonist that makes you want to suck them off. Who fucking cares?

Papa_Wisdom

Senran kagura

rUS4zcn.jpg
aLcleeF.jpg

Doom85

Really, you actually think that censoring that is OK? Man you sound like a tourist lol. They aren't real and you're talking about consent. It's a cartoon lol

I can't take you seriously anymore

Thierry Henry Smile GIF by hamlet

Who said anything about censoring? It’s the anime writers themselves who mostly stopped doing that. Probably because they grew the fuck up.

One can be horny and appreciate fanservice without putting in stupid bullshit like that.

Also, what does them not being real have to do with anything? A character can give consent in universe. Power from Chainsaw Man gave Denji consent to touch her breasts.

Your Honor, may I present the following evidence:

Chainsaw Man, episode 4, final scene:

7Lvt43y.jpg

As you can see, my fine members of the jury, the character Power gave consent to the lead Denji. Thus proving Doom85’s point that you can be a man of culture without indulging in some stupid ass sexual harassment bullshit ruining a good time.

Dylan Sprouse Chess GIF by 1091
Season 5 Episode 20 GIF by The Simpsons

Who said anything about censoring? It’s the anime writers themselves who mostly stopped doing that. Probably because they grew the fuck up.

One can be horny and appreciate fanservice without putting in stupid bullshit like that.

Also, what does them not being real have to do with anything? A character can give consent in universe. Power from Chainsaw Man gave Denji consent to touch her breasts.

Your Honor, may I present the following evidence:

Chainsaw Man, episode 4, final scene:

7Lvt43y.jpg

As you can see, my fine members of the jury, the character Power gave consent to the lead Denji. Thus proving Doom85’s point that you can be a man of culture without indulging in some stupid ass sexual harassment bullshit ruining a good time.

Dylan Sprouse Chess GIF by 1091
Season 5 Episode 20 GIF by The Simpsons

You're kidding?

I hope the anime Industry goes back to that type of fanservice for laughs. It's looking likely with how the recent slate has been with fanservice. The Seven Deadly Sins sounds awesome. I'll be reading the manga for that lol

It's not real, it's a cartoon...

Last edited:

Fbh

I don't get people who say Aloy is ugly.
She isn't a supermodel but she looks good in the game IMO
Horizon-Forbidden-West-20220217162551.png

People who complain about her tend to ignore the thousands of screenshots from the game where she looks ok and just spam the same 2 screencaps from that one trailer where she looks awkard (mostly due to a weird camera angle).

I think as a character she is really boring and unlikable, in fact I think her being so unlikable is one of the main issues with Forbidden West. But physically she looks fine IMO.

Last edited:

Doom85

You're kidding?

I hope the anime Industry goes back to that type of fanservice for laughs. It's looking likely with the how the recent slate has been with fanservice. The Seven Deadly Sins sounds awesome. I'll be reading the manga for that lol

It's not real, it's a cartoon...

Reading SDS? Enjoy repetitive arcs up the ass! Shitty worldbuilding! The Seven Deadly Frames per Second of Animation in the anime! And a limp dick of an ending!

Laughing Out Loud Lol GIF by Minions

“it’s not real, it’s a cartoon”

breaking news trinity GIF

In a unexpected turn of events, Eiichiro Oda, mangaka of One Piece, has said for the remaining chapters of One Piece, all characters will instantly transform into rocks, and all future chapters will be just inanimate rocks just lying on the ground.

This announcement was met with instant fan outrage. Oda was confused by this reaction, saying, “but my good friend, NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt, said ’it’s not real, it’s a cartoon’, so I can just do whatever and no one should be upset, right?”

The One Piece fandom quickly contacted the United Nations, who in an entirely unanimous ruling, declared that Mr. Cunt would be sentenced to a life sentence while wearing a prison uniform that says, “I Destroyed One Piece Because I Made A Nonsensical Argument That Was Quickly Ripped Apart With Logic And Reasoning.”

Oda, realizing his error, quickly returned the One Piece characters to normal and not inanimate rocks, stating, “I put my faith in the wrong people.”

Meanwhile Chainsaw Man continued to be awesome and have sexy woman without any stupid ass bullshit getting in the way, and all was right with the world.

anchorman GIF

Really, you actually think that censoring that is OK? Man you sound like a tourist lol. They aren't real and you're talking about consent. It's a cartoon lol

I can't take you seriously anymore

Thierry Henry Smile GIF by hamlet
"Its ok, because its not real" is hilariously dumb reasoning.
People find anime's tendencies for sexual harassment to be used for comedy as distasteful. And they're perfectly justified in feeling that way.

Reading SDS? Enjoy repetitive arcs up the ass! Shitty worldbuilding! The Seven Deadly Frames per Second of Animation in the anime! And a limp dick of an ending!

Laughing Out Loud Lol GIF by Minions

“it’s not real, it’s a cartoon”

breaking news trinity GIF

In a unexpected turn of events, Eiichiro Oda, mangaka of One Piece, has said for the remaining chapters of One Piece, all characters will instantly transform into rocks, and all future chapters will be just inanimate rocks just lying on the ground.

This announcement was met with instant fan outrage. Oda was confused by this reaction, saying, “but my good friend, NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt, said ’it’s not real, it’s a cartoon’, so I can just do whatever and no one should be upset, right?”

The One Piece fandom quickly contacted the United Nations, who in an entirely unanimous ruling, declared that Mr. Cunt would be sentenced to a life sentence while wearing a prison uniform that says, “I Destroyed One Piece Because I Made A Nonsensical Argument That Was Quickly Ripped Apart With Logic And Reasoning.”

Oda, realizing his error, quickly returned the One Piece characters to normal and not inanimate rocks, stating, “I put my faith in the wrong people.”

Meanwhile Chainsaw Man continued to be awesome and have sexy woman without any stupid ass bullshit getting in the way, and all was right with the world.

anchorman GIF

Logic and Reason?

The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX

You especially get triggered whenever I mention enjoying Rent-A-Girfriend 😉

always sunny move GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Last edited:

kyussman

But physically she looks fine IMO.
When you say she looks "fine".....do you mean fine as in "damn,that girl looks fine" or "yea,she's fine I guess" because there is a big difference,lol.....and the OP asked about "hot female protags".....I don't think Aloy fits the hot female protag label tbh.

Doom85

Logic and Reason?

The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX

You especially get triggered whenever I mentioned enjoying Rent-A-Girfriend 😉

always sunny move GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Hey now, take your L respectfully. You’re better than that.

Come on now, I know you’re just playing there. No one actually enjoys Rent a Girlfriend. It’s just a funny thing to say you enjoy for the memes while wondering how an author could manage to create so much of a little bitch when it comes to its protagonist.

When you say she looks "fine".....do you mean fine as in "damn,that girl looks fine" or "yea,she's fine I guess" because there is a big difference,lol.....and the OP asked about "hot female protags".....I don't think Aloy fits the hot female protag label tbh.

And not to mention the guy put in a sly remark about anime that was negative. I just find it amusing to see that when married older men/older men don't understand that younger guys see how women their own age are like and choose to avoid that. But women have always been like that, the mask is off now. But that's kind of getting off topic so I won't give any more detail to it.

I seen better looking western female protagonist than Aloy personally but that's pre 2019

Also when it comes to Western games post 2019, Baldur's Gate III is a good example somewhat. The main female cast are most of the time attractive like Shadowheart and Karlach. But the game NPC are most of the time hit with the ugly stick. Going to the brothel, all of the girls in there were fugly. But overall, I don't find lot of females in this game attractive at all

I didn't like the game for other reasons but I won't get into that.

Last edited:
Hey now, take your L respectfully. You’re better than that.

Come on now, I know you’re just playing there. No one actually enjoys Rent a Girlfriend. It’s just a funny thing to say you enjoy for the memes while wondering how an author could manage to create so much of a little bitch when it comes to its protagonist.

Jim Carrey Hello GIF

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Every Team Ninja game ever. Either as part of the cast or via the character creator.

Fbh

I think she is good looking but not in a "damn she is hot"/"turn around if you pass her on the street" kind of way.
So yeah I guess she wouldn't fit the criteria of the OP. I'm just saying I don't agree with the people constantly saying they made her ugly and spamming the same 1-2 cherry picked screencaps where she looks awkward.

Madflavor

I don't get people who say Aloy is ugly.
She isn't a supermodel but she looks good in the game IMO
Horizon-Forbidden-West-20220217162551.png

People who complain about her tend to ignore the thousands of screenshots from the game where she looks ok and just spam the same 2 screencaps from that one trailer where she looks awkard (mostly due to a weird camera angle).

I think as a character she is really boring and unlikable, in fact I think here being so unlikable is one of the main issues with Forbidden West. But physically she looks fine IMO.

She isn't ugly at all. She's just the best looking girl made by Western devs in the past few years. That's the problem.

And they're fully capable of making gorgeous women. They just refuse to these days because feminists, activities and weak fucking men fill the Western Games Industry.

07362B327EB93C9DAC0B1619702B171646139072

SirTerry-T

20 years ain't that old ...

Fbh

She isn't ugly at all. She's just the best looking girl made by Western devs in the past few years. That's the problem.

And they're fully capable of making gorgeous women. They just refuse to these days because feminists, activities and weak fucking men fill the Western Games Industry.

07362B327EB93C9DAC0B1619702B171646139072

Yeah it's not like I'm disagreeing. It's also sucks that it seems like when they make them good looking they have to make them boring. New Lara is in the same camp as Aloy in that she is so boring and unlikable that she negatively affects the game.
I'm just saying after playing Forbidden West I think people who say they made her ugly are being ridiculous.

As a side note props to Larian for still having good looking women in their games. Feels nice after the decline of other studios like Bioware. Dragon Age inquisition was like "If you play as a male character the romance options are the average looking secretary, the angry lesbian looking chick, the ugly elf that literally acts like she is mentally disabled and like 4 dudes"

Last edited:

taizuke

The only way I see Japan acknowledging “western sensibilities” is that, minus a few exceptions, anime has mostly gotten rid of the “character gropes someone for a laugh” shtick in recent years. Which shouldn’t be an issue. You can have sex appeal, fanservice, horny characters, etc. without having someone get sexually assaulted and the show apparently thinks were supposed to find this funny as opposed to being like, “WTF?”

To be fair, Japan still makes feminine looking characters, which I love and hot as hell like the ones you highlighted in SF.

But, generally speaking, I've noticed some characters either more covered in recent iterations or slightly censored when making their ways overseas.

Japan is not "woke" by a huge margin when compared to the U.S. But, I think because the Japanese console market is pretty much non-existent, they will slowly shift their visions in order to sell here.

I know it sounds crazy to point out small changes here and there and that somehow that's indicative of Japan going woke, but woke stuff also started small in the U.S. and look how mainstream has become. So, hopefully, I'm wrong about Japan, but we'll see.

e0n

If you want preset characters with suggestive designs, I can think of:
Reyna - Valorant

Blaze Fielding - Streets of Rage 4

Luong - KoF XV

Last edited:
Protagonist?
Not sure I've seen any as "hot" as that, especially when hot is usually equated with naked anime weirdness and I don't play those kind of games. Claire Redfield in RE2 Remake maybe?

I'll tell you I was extremely attracted to Forbidden West protagonist with the Tenakth Reaver armor, to the point I legit got distracted multiple times.

ij2cAtX.png

50jfLEm.png

aBJhpxl.png

sgvJRJE.png

f0Y7CxR.png

31GpYGe.png

These are awesome. You know what kills Alloy for me, the hair up top. I have never ever liked her hairstyle. Its fine in those photos because of the mask. I would say she looks the most like the model, but without head dress she has
basically a long haired mullet, with unrealistic dread lock like top hair.

See this photo shopped image with her with a normal hair do: compared to this:
228f195ac0b39f70679e3ea4c7ac6550,1680,0,0,0.webp
d7a1w83gbpd51.jpg

Last edited:
New Jill isn't hot. Capcom is in fact working against hot characters in new RE games, doing stuff like censoring clothes to avoid making them show too much skin or upskirt (including trying to fight with mod creators) and paying close attention to their looks so they don't end up "unrealistically" pretty.
Yep, people praise capcom but they as well as square have a woke sarkesian/sweet baby like consultation dept too. The mind virus just hasn't spread as much there though. Hopefully they can fight it off.

Not saying Jill aint hot, she is. (Claire is hotter though...imo).. Its just they have toned things down. Compare sf5 to sf6. As long as it doesn't get to western standards they will still look better than most western dev characters.

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
That's Miriam from Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, the kickstarted game from Castlevania's Koji Igarashi (guy behind for Symphony of the Night). Very worth a purchase.

Also Shantae and the Seven Sirens came out in 2019 as well, which barely makes your 5 year cutoff.
Funny you mention miriam and shantae in the same post, there is now a crossover for bloodstained lol:
ba3ad79b6213ecc1853403297e6b984a3998341d.jpg

Pejo

Funny you mention miriam and shantae in the same post, there is now a crossover for bloodstained lol:
ba3ad79b6213ecc1853403297e6b984a3998341d.jpg
I'm continually surprised how much support Iga gave this game. So much stuff added since release, alongside what 2-3 spinoff games? I hope he's considering a sequel.

SHA

Horizon Zero Dawn: Frozen Wilds (2019)
The Outer Worlds (2019)
Death Stranding (2019)
Final Fantasy VII Remake (2020)
The Last of Us Part II (2020)
Ghost of Tsushima (2020) - Jin Sakai has a female companion
Cyberpunk 2077 (2020) - You can choose to play as a female character
Hades (2020)
Assassin's Creed Valhalla (2020) - You can choose to play as a female character
Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales (2020) - You can play as Spider-Woman in the DLC
Resident Evil Village (2021) - Ethan Winters has a female companion
Kena: Bridge of Spirits (2021)
Metroid Dread (2021)
Life is Strange: True Colors (2021)
Forza Horizon 5 (2021)
Halo Infinite (2021)
Stray (2022)
Elden Ring (2022) - You can choose to play as a female character
God of War Ragnarök (2022) - Freya is a playable character
Horizon Forbidden West (2022)
The Quarry (2022)

Last edited:
A Plague Tale: Innocence (2019)
The Outer Worlds (2019)
Death Stranding (2019)
Hades (2020)
Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales (2020) - You can play as Spider-Woman in the DLC
Metroid Dread (2021)
Forza Horizon 5 (2021)
Halo Infinite (2021)
Stray (2022)
The Quarry (2022)
Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

wvnative

A Plague Tale: Innocence (2019)
The Outer Worlds (2019)
Death Stranding (2019)
Hades (2020)
Metroid Dread (2021)
Forza Horizon 5 (2021)
Halo Infinite (2021)
Stray (2022)
The Quarry (2022)
Football What GIF by BuzzFeed