• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Other Games Feature A Hot Female Protagonist Like Stellar Blade In Recent Years?

SHA

Horizon Zero Dawn: Frozen Wilds (2019)
The Outer Worlds (2019)
Death Stranding (2019)
Final Fantasy VII Remake (2020)
The Last of Us Part II (2020)
Ghost of Tsushima (2020) - Jin Sakai has a female companion
Cyberpunk 2077 (2020) - You can choose to play as a female character
Hades (2020)
Assassin's Creed Valhalla (2020) - You can choose to play as a female character
Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales (2020) - You can play as Spider-Woman in the DLC
Resident Evil Village (2021) - Ethan Winters has a female companion
Kena: Bridge of Spirits (2021)
Metroid Dread (2021)
Life is Strange: True Colors (2021)
Forza Horizon 5 (2021)
Halo Infinite (2021)
Stray (2022)
Elden Ring (2022) - You can choose to play as a female character
God of War Ragnarök (2022) - Freya is a playable character
Horizon Forbidden West (2022)
The Quarry (2022)

mdkirby

Sorry man, but none of this is backed by any proof while being instead super easily disproved. And yet parroted ad nauseam for years.

They didn't at all "made her face look worse", that's just how scanning work and you can see it happen on every single game in history that took advantage of this technology (Stellar Blade didn't use the model face), even Capcom models always look way worse than the original models (most of the time actual professional models).

JqDUNff.png

AAipDYx.png

TVc0AZ4.png

Here they also had to adapt Ashly Burch performance capture on the entirely different Hannah face.

AT8C0ky.png

Again, this is nonsense. All they did compared to the Zero Dawn is adding more polygons and obviously much higher resolution textures and entirely revamped shaders, and on PS5 they were able add Hannah's peach fuzz. Aside from that it's the same exact model.

TshZDK0.png

WKEn8LK.png

To me the only fact here is they took a flat chested female and provided her with a perfect pair of jugs, mascara by default, tons of makeup options, many Photo Mode sexy poses, while making her a canon red hair who swims like a mermaid and is desired by every male (and even some female) in the game world. Way more feminine in her mannerims, poses and animations than RE3R Jill.

gSB7ARS.png

I wasn't referring to you by the way, that's just what I saw many times in here. And wasn't even a critique, just an observation of how many users like simple and exaggerated drawings instead of real people.
People hang ups over aloys appearance always seemed strange to me. What more people should have taken more issue with was her being clearly disingenuously “fake nice” to everyone, whilst her seething irritation was spoken through gritted teeth. Even her supposed friends and allies she just seemed constantly irritated by. For me it made me find her incredibly unlikeable. It didn’t bug me so much in the first game. But I found it incredibly grating in the second.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
People hang ups over aloys appearance always seemed strange to me. What more people should have taken more issue with was her being clearly disingenuously “fake nice” to everyone, whilst her seething irritation was spoken through gritted teeth. Even her supposed friends and allies she just seemed constantly irritated by. For me it made me find her incredibly unlikeable. It didn’t bug me so much in the first game. But I found it incredibly grating in the second.
My biggest issue with Aloy is she is dry as fuck of character and in order make her look smart and more capable they made every other character dumb as fuck.

Some of these devs need to read/watch these shows and see how to do proper likeable strong female lead.
140549l.jpg
Carnets_de_Apothicaire_anime.jpg

Pejo

Horizon Zero Dawn: Frozen Wilds (2019)
The Outer Worlds (2019)
Death Stranding (2019)
Final Fantasy VII Remake (2020)
The Last of Us Part II (2020)
Ghost of Tsushima (2020) - Jin Sakai has a female companion
Cyberpunk 2077 (2020) - You can choose to play as a female character
Hades (2020)
Assassin's Creed Valhalla (2020) - You can choose to play as a female character
Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales (2020) - You can play as Spider-Woman in the DLC
Resident Evil Village (2021) - Ethan Winters has a female companion
Kena: Bridge of Spirits (2021)
Metroid Dread (2021)
Life is Strange: True Colors (2021)
Forza Horizon 5 (2021)
Halo Infinite (2021)
Stray (2022)
Elden Ring (2022) - You can choose to play as a female character
God of War Ragnarök (2022) - Freya is a playable character
Horizon Forbidden West (2022)
The Quarry (2022)
Did you just purposefully ignore the words "hot" and "protagonist" in the thread title?

Yamisan

A lot of people seem to need help with this....
protagonist /prō-tăg′ə-nĭst/

noun​

1. The main character in a drama or other literary work.
  2. In ancient Greek drama, the first actor to engage in dialogue with the chorus, in later dramas playing the main character and some minor characters as well.
  3. A leading or principal figure.

Eiknarf

Banned
Whether it's a Japanese or a western game, what other games feature an attractive female protagonist like in Stellar Blade. Keyword being protagonist.

To me, Stellar Blade is rare in what it's doing, but maybe I'm not aware of other games. So, that's where you guys come in.

Criteria:

* Name a game or more that feature a hot/attractive Female Protagonist.

* Feel free to post a picture of the game cover or character (greatly appreciated).

* All platforms allowed except for mobile.

* Game must have been released in the last 5 years. 2019 and up.

P.S. Inb4 the Aloy memes. lol

Resident Evil 4 Seperate Ways
(You play as Ada Wong)

Last edited:

Shakka43

Mostly all Japanese games: Resident Evil, Street Fighter, Final Fantasy, Tekken, etc. Western I can think of Samus in Metroid Dread and the Cyberpunk 2077 girls.

MiguelItUp

Yeaaaah, I don't think it's rare at all. We may not see it as often as we used to in big/AAA games (I guess because times have changed), but they definitely still exist. I'd give examples but plenty of what I thought of have already been said in here.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Recent?

Lara Croft in the rebo- wait

Um

Alo- err

Is Bayonetta still hot? Devil May Cry has hot chicks in the "I'd find you struggling to turn your life around in a trailer park because dad," sort of way. Maybe those?

RickMasters

Is fucking video game, whats wrong wanting playing as good looking character in video games?

Same way people want to see good looking actors in movies.
Hahahaha check out the white knight over here.

200.gif
Lol… nah… it’s Not like that. It’s just…. Well real girls are rendered better. Mature is better tha. Rasterised polygons. That’s all I’m saying. Go touch grass. Women exist outside the flatscreen too. And they are real. Yes!…. it’s true!

Danjin44

Lol… nah… it’s Not like that. It’s just…. Well real girls are rendered better. Mature is better tha. Rasterised polygons. That’s all I’m saying. Go touch grass. Women exist outside the flatscreen too. And they are real. Yes!…. it’s true!
Or.......and I know thats sound super crazy now but stay with me ...............we can have both? video games are meant for entertainment, I want play as good looking characters male or female in my games.

Just because we have girlfriend/boyfriends or husband/wife doesn't mean we want to play as some ugly ass character in video games.

Last edited:

MikeM

Check out my picture. Women come over to me every time I go out and enjoy some night life with the boys. I have to deny the phone numbers.

🤷‍♂️

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Most of the characters listed predating their original appearance before the year 2019 rendering most ineligible. Weird topic.

Astral Dog

I'm continually surprised how much support Iga gave this game. So much stuff added since release, alongside what 2-3 spinoff games? I hope he's considering a sequel.
Im not a fan of the constant DLC, i feel it 'cheapens' the game, many of the game fans are just waiting to see the sequel, not another DLC crossover whatever add on or costume.

On the other hand, the indie crossover is good promotion for Bloodstained, and we can rest assured the sequel won't be rushed like other Igavanias, plus im guessing Bloodstained 2 won't appear on Switch instead its gonna be released on Switch 2 without all the limitations that made the original a mess,and thats why its taking so long.

Bloodstained is good, but its not one of my favorite 'Metroidvanias' i think there is room for improvment, in the art, graphics,level design ,controls,plot and even music

Pejo

Im not a fan of the constant DLC, i feel it 'cheapens' the game, many of the game fans are just waiting to see the sequel, not another DLC crossover whatever add on or costume.

On the other hand, the indie crossover is good promotion for Bloodstained, and we can rest assured the sequel won't be rushed like other Igavanias, plus im guessing Bloodstained 2 won't appear on Switch instead its gonna be released on Switch 2 without all the limitations that made the original a mess,and thats why its taking so long.

Bloodstained is good, but its not one of my favorite 'Metroidvanias' i think there is room for improvment, in the art, graphics,level design ,controls,plot and even music
Agree on all points, but if adding end of life DLC helps fund the game to make the sequel better, I'm not against it existing. I vastly prefer how Iga is handling things to how that sellout conman Yu Suzuki treated Shenmue 3.

I hope we see an art style/visual fidelity jump like we saw from King of Fighters XIV to XV for the next Bloodstained. I dunno why exactly, but I feel like KoFXIV shares a similar cheapness and art style problems with Bloodstained, so hopefully they can just straight up improve it similarly too. Like a JP developer's first foray into modern HD development with modern game engines. At least Iga didn't dump out a half finished broken product and drop support though, he really stuck with it.

RickMasters

Check out my picture. Women come over to me every time I go out and enjoy some night life with the boys. I have to deny the phone numbers.

🤷‍♂️
Jeez that was cringe to read….’check out your picture?’ …… bruh…… 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:

RickMasters

Or.......and I know thats sound super crazy now but stay with me ...............we can have both? video games are meant for entertainment, I want play as good looking characters male or female in my games.

Just because we have girlfriend/boyfriends or husband/wife doesn't mean we want to play as some ugly ass character in video games.
Listen…. I get it. I follow a few hotties on Instagram just like the next man. But Atleast they are real. Video game characters are simply not real? What’s the attraction? That’s all I’m saying…. Maybe I just don’t get it. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Danjin44

Listen…. I get it. I follow a few hotties on Instagram just like the next man. But Atleast they are real. Video game characters are simply not real? What’s the attraction? That’s all I’m saying…. Maybe I just don’t get it. 🤷🏾‍♂️
it’s same type attraction when you see beautiful drawing or painting, they are not “real” but that doesn’t change the fact they are beautiful too look at……very simple concept.

it human nature to be attracted to beautiful things

but hey if you want play as ugly ass character in your game then you do you..

there you go……enjoy.
H0SDILi.jpg

RickMasters

it’s same type attraction when you see beautiful drawing or painting, they are not “real” but that doesn’t change the fact they are beautiful too look at……very simple concept.

it human nature to be attracted to beautiful things

but hey if you want play as ugly ass character in your game then you do you..

there you go……enjoy.
H0SDILi.jpg

I’m not bothered by this because I never cared how a character made out triangles, Really looks. 🤷🏾‍♂️

And no…. It’s not the same as looking at a beautiful painting. Have some respect for art, man!

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Just beat the RE4 remake quite recently and thought they did a good job with Ashley. She's not just a cutie but they also managed to write her in a non-Mary Sue way, having more personality than in the original while still being a likeable character.

30f7a8aaab7217c7cc0504974ee844a0.jpg

So yeah, wouldn't mind hitting those plagas if you catch my drift. :messenger_sunglasses:

Toots

Gold Member
Some more:

gSB7ARS.png

bftpfzX.png

t08ztNM.png

x85P5xn.png

XLZzf8D.png

They even gave her fully modeled boobs and nipples, but last time I posted those pics I was banned so I'm not going to risk.
There's one place you could post all the nudes you want and the mods could never get you : my DMs. Just saying...
You know what, we should test my theory with alloy's perky tits first. Send me those sweet pics you got i'll tell you if it worked.

Edit :
Mods will never know it worked perfectly
secret smell GIF

Last edited:
Top Bottom