• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Summer TV shows will you be watching? - 2016 Edition -

Status
Not open for further replies.
The premier of Showtime's Roadies is up a bunch of different places for free streaming:
Deadline said:
Ahead of this weekend’s series debut, Showtime has made the premiere episode of the Cameron Crowe-created comedy Roadies available to non-subscribers. The episode can be seen on Youtube, Facebook, Sho.com as well as multiple TV on demand services, and is available for download as a free video podcast from iTunes. Meanwhile, Showtime subscribers are able to watch the pilot on Showtime on Demand, Showtime Anywhere, and the network’s stand alone streaming service available on Amazon, Apple, Google and Roku, along with Amazon Prime Video, Hulu and Sony PlayStation Vue. The show will have its linear premiere on Showtime June 26 at 10 PM.
Youtube link.

Nice.

Hmm, I wonder when HBO will air it... (there's a reposted YouTube copy here since the other one is region-locked).
Thanks for the US version. Will be interesting to see where that is on the schedule. This is 8 episodes. Westworld is 10 episodes. Their half hour comedies are Divorce (10 eps), Insecure (8 eps), and High Maintenance (6 eps.)

- Deadline: Louis C.K – Pamela Adlon FX Comedy Series ‘Better Things’ Sets Fall Premiere Date
At last night’s Awardsline Emmy screening for Louis C.K.’s Horace and Pete, the comedian revealed that Better Things, the new FX comedy series he co-created with Louie scribe and star Pamela Adlon, will premiere on Sept. 8.

Better Things is a semi-autobiographical take on Adlon’s life. The series follows a single mother who is a middle-class actress “who pursues work all day and raises three kids,” said C.K.

“That woman (character) doesn’t exist on TV that I’ve seen,” beamed C.K. about Better Things adding “Pamela really shaped the show and directed the best episodes.” Better Things recently finished production and is in the editing stage.

Adlon and C.K., who wrote the pilot directed by C.K., executive produce alongside Blair Breard, Dave Becky and 3 Arts Entertainment. C.K.’s production company Pig Newton is producing for FX Productions, where the company is under an overall deal. Adlon received four Emmy nominations for her work on Louie between producing, writing and guest starring. She won an Emmy for her voiceover work on King of the Hill.

berzeli

Banned
One to add to the OT Ratsky!
The Living and the Dead: Trailer
Victorian era supernatural drama series about a farmer who yearns to prove the existence of the afterlife.
On their return to Somerset, Nathan and his wife Charlotte start to unearth some uncomfortable happenings in this sleepy parish community.
Starts 21:00 on Tue 28 Jun 2016 on BBC One. All episodes are available right now on iPlayer!
Looks suitably brit/goth-horror-y in its visuals.

Oh and HBO Nordic graced us with the first (I think) footage of Six. It looks abysmal, like what a good show would have as a parody of a bad, overly patriotic show.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

berzeli

Banned
"This video is not available in your country"

:/

Oh. Wasn't sure if they region locked their stuff. Sometimes they don't.
Well shouldn't be long until history puts up something other than that stupid promo they currently have. Not that you're missing out. It really looks dreadful.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Well shouldn't be long until history puts up something other than that stupid promo they currently have. Not that you're missing out. It really looks dreadful.

It has Walton Goggins in it though! I actually didn't think it looked too bad. Just sort of generic I guess.

Pachimari

SIX were one of my anticipated shows, so it sucks to read an impression like this.

I absolutely loved, loved season 1 of Wayward Pines but I kind of despise this season. I don't usually give up on shows too easily, but I had no interest to watch more after the 3rd episode. I may binge watch the whole season when it finishes airing, but I'm really disappointed as it was one of my most anticipated shows of the year.

I absolutely loved, loved season 1 of Wayward Pines but I kind of despise this season. I don't usually give up on shows too easily, but I had no interest to watch more after the 3rd episode. I may binge watch the whole season when it finishes airing, but I'm really disappointed as it was one of my most anticipated shows of the year.

This is how I'm feeling.... I hardly ever give up on a show but season 2 is just.. bad. Like you though, I may binge watch the whole thing when I'm done.

I thought this summer looked pretty barren until several of these trailers you posted. Insecure looks fantastic and it's about time someone aired a show like that. High maintenance was an amazing web series so I'm all over this and Quarry, good god Quarry. I was literally just posting last night about how great Logan Marshall Green was in the Invitation. Absolutely stoked to see him in my favorite genre: Intense 70's crime thriller lol.

You're doing the Lords work Cornballer. Keep it up

Really looking forward to Stranger Things. The Night of sounds interesting, too.

I PVRed Preacher but have yet to watch it. I've seen the first two episodes of Outcast, though, and it's pretty good.

berzeli

Banned
I just finished the first episode of Le Bureau des Légendes, and whilst it is foolish to recommend something just based on one episode I'm going to do just that.

It is the best spy fiction show I've seen for a very long time, yes it is better than The Americans, yes it is better than The Night Manager. I'm almost ready to proclaim it better than Rubicon. I may just be riding high right now, but damn it is a good high.
No word on a US release afaik, but the second you can get your hands on it you should.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I just finished the first episode of Le Bureau des Légendes, and whilst it is foolish to recommend something just based on one episode I'm going to do just that.

It is the best spy fiction show I've seen for a very long time, yes it is better than The Americans, yes it is better than The Night Manager. I'm almost ready to proclaim it better than Rubicon. I may just be riding high right now, but damn it is a good high.
No word on a US release afaik, but the second you can get your hands on it you should.

This? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4063800/

Them's fightin words ! I'll check this out but that's a pretty high bar.

And to add to charming detective series set in the Commonwealth, Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries is fabulous as hell.

berzeli

Banned
Them's fightin words ! I'll check this out but that's a pretty high bar.
It is a very high bar indeed (Rubicon <3), which is indicative of how much I enjoyed that first episode of Le Bureau des Légendes.

Will report back as I continue to plough through episodes, but so far so good.

rainz

Wolf Creek was actually worth a watch and better than I thought, its on Stan for other Australians, not sure how easy to access for everyone else.

Anyone know if new season of Better Caul Saul is on its way in the near future or not for a while/after your Summer?

Setsuna

What shows would you guys recommend to someone who likes, Super Girl, The Last Ship, Person of Interest, The flash, and the walking dead?

berzeli

Banned
What does scandi-noir mean?
Wikipedia has a surprisingly decent article on the sub-genre:
Scandinavian noir or Scandinavian crime fiction, also called Scandi noir and Nordic noir, is a genre comprising crime fiction written in Scandinavia with certain common characteristics, typically in a realistic style with a dark, morally complex mood, breaking away from the older "whodunit" influenced by the British country house murder mystery.
The only thing I would add to the article is the stronger emphasis on the personal lives of those involved compared to trad. British crime fiction.

I'd say that the most notable entries in the genre is Forbrydelsen (The Killing), Bron|Broen (The Bridge), and Millennium Trilogy (The Girl with the...).

Pachimari

Oh I'm not too fond of out TV shows here in Denmark but I have admittedly not seen some of the newer ones like Forbrydelsen and Broen. Maybe I should give one of them a go at some point.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
That is the one.

Interesting. Let us know how it goes!

Anyone know if new season of Better Caul Saul is on its way in the near future or not for a while/after your Summer?

Season 3 is expected to premiere next February.

What shows would you guys recommend to someone who likes, Super Girl, The flash, and the walking dead?

Legends of Tomorrow, Fear the Walking Dead, and Outcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom