• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What supplements do you take and why?

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
I did a quick search and couldn't find a thread, so sorry if I missed one.

I'm just curious to see what fellow NeoGaf members take to either supplement there diet or for general health benefits. After twenty years of pounding my joints into dust through weight training I take this lot to keep me running at optimum levels both mentally and physically.

I try and get all my dietary needs from food, but I can't stand oily fish so I supplement that.

KwVzhd5.jpg

rats GIF

Last edited:
Since Im working at home and just not going out much, I do have to take the D as well, due to lack of sun and all that shit.

Bartski

Gold Member
Creatine and protein isolate in gym-heavy periods, like now. In spring and summer I tend to go running in the woods way more than working out, so either nothing or protein. I love lactose-free milk protein shakes, best kind of desert.

Tumeric for inflammation plus is thought to help with cancer tumors.

Milk Thistle for when on the sauce.

High Strength Vitamin D for the Age of Omicron.

Last edited:

Dark Star

i take a multi vitamin, that's pretty much it. I just try to eat my fruits and veggies and meats and whatever else. I also spend a lot of time outdoors in the sun too.

T8SC

Gold Member
Pre-workout - BCAAs & sometimes creatine.
Post-workout - Whey protein.
Night - Casein protein.

Vits from fruit & veg daily.

MDSLKTR

Gym: creatine, proteine and ecdysterone
Social: phenibut, whatever flavor or racetams
All nighters: modafinil
Chill out at home: kratom and the holy weed

Relatively healthy overall.

As a chronic lazy person, I'll probably never hit the gym or use those kind of supplements.
I take a multivitamin when I have my lil breakfast replacement shake and that's about it.

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
Aren't supplements pseudo science?

Did you read the article you posted? It only covers vitamins. Stuff like fish oil is great for you. I thought this was widely known. Take your fish oil dude.

Putonahappyface

Gold Member

My annual blood works via my GP suggest otherwise for what I take.

GymWolf

Where’s GymWolf GymWolf at? He’s one of those people who drowns his cereal in whey protein.
Lol, in the past i used just the basics, whey powder, some bcaa, and some pre-workout with some neuro stuff to help the concentration, now i'm not as dedicated as in the past so i just eat food when possible (even if it's not the same).

I occasionaly buy some premium proteins bars even if know that they are the shittiest way of getting proteins outside of food, but they are tasty and practical, i can't always eat 1,5 kg of meat every fucking day :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

In the summer i just put salt and lemon juice in a 2 lt bottle of cold water to not die under the weights or muscle cramps.

Joints supplements and a multivitamin\mineral with horse doses are the only thing that i take regularly because my job also fuck up my body because it's pretty physical and i need that extra help.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
I started taking a multi vitamin a few months ago. I don't know that it's made any difference though.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Still taking zinc fairly often and it really does feel like it's the most important supplement I've taken for my immune system. I think it'll be four years towards the end of the year since I last got sick with a cold or flu. I'm pretty much the only one in my family that seems to be immune from catching anything.

Don't even remember when I was last physically sick (vomiting) from a stomach bug.

Also, here are some anecdotal experiences I've had with zinc ; hopefully this can help someone:

- Once I broke a toe and it just would not heal for several months! I took zinc and within a week it was much better.

- A few years later, I had an infection in my finger. It throbbed endlessly. I went to a doctor and he prescribed a powerful antibiotic which eliminated it, but after discontinuing the anti-biotic after 5 days as prescribed, it came back with a vengeance. This time, once again, I took zinc (15 mg.) , and in a few days it was gone!

- Recently I had an arm injury from using a sledge hammer. It throbbed and hurt and would not go away. Again I tried taking zinc and again it went away in a few days.

I don't know if these examples are placebo effects or not. But zinc seems to have this profound healing effect.

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

Vitamin D3 + K2 - usually every other day for 1-2 months just before winter and then about every day during winter for 1-2 months and then now an again during non-winter months.

Omega 3 Fish oil - usually one capsule a few times a week. I also eat a lot of oily fish and so don't rely on it too much.

Vitamin C and Zinc if I feel I'm likely to catch a cold or get a cold.

Apart from those, I'll eat a high nutrition and home cooked foods for the most part. Coffee, matcha, green teas and some fermented foods often, like miso, kimchi, pickled vegetables too.

I rarely get colds or sick - just one notable cold in about 5+ years. (knocks on wood).

Last edited:

Von Hugh

Magnesium
Fish liver oil + D
Zinc + C

Very inconsistently, though. Creatine and whey also if I still went to gym.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
D3, vitamin c + zinc for immune system

Vit b12 cos I dont eat dairy or a lot of meat.

But, I dont think you need this stuff if u have a balanced diet with 5 a day fruit + veg.

If you want to change your physique consistent macros and a workout which will achieve your goals is more important then any supplement.

Last edited:

MastAndo

Optimum Nutrition Opti-Men Multivitamin
Apple Cider Vinegar Gummies

The latter is probably just a placebo, but they're pretty tasty and I do find popping a few in the morning staves off hunger a bit and I end up having a smaller breakfast.

Tschumi

Occasionally i take a few Japanese vitamin pills because my girl wants me to.

I've unanimously been advised by the relevant doctors whom I've asked that most supplements just give you expensive pee.

Last edited:
Top Bottom