• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Uncharted 4's Original Soundtrack could have sounded like.

For context, I'm a massive Uncharted fan and like many I'm still partially upset that we never got to see Amy Hennig's version of Uncharted 4.

While I won't deny that I enjoy playing the released version of the game and that it is a great all encompassing Uncharted adventure, I can't help but feel that Amy's version of the game would have looked like the game we got but with a much closer feel to the original trilogy. Unfortunately we may never know this, although info occasionally leaks out about it.

For example, in one of Naughty Dog's GDC talks about Uncharted 4, the artists responsible for building Captain Avery's pirate ship that you see in the final sequence, mentioned that the ship was built originally for the opening sequence which was a flashback taking place during the actual heist of the Gunsway before it was repurposed for the ending. (Playing as actual pirates in an Uncharted game would have been unbelievable!!)

Furthermore, Colin Moriarty from Last Stand Media recently mentioned that he got to see the entire timeline of the original Uncharted 4 while visiting Amy Hennig in her office and said that the first level of the game was Scotland.

Another example is that the entire game supposedly featured Elena being along for the ride with Nate and Sully and that the ballroom heist featured a quick time event where Nate and Elena would Waltz with each other while attempting to pick pocket a waiter. There was also a cut, pasta cooking mini game in Nate's house, in fact the pots are still on the stove in the final version.

All in all most of the original game ended up making it into the final version to some degree. I've gotten over it by now but hopefully one day we'll know it all. It's simply interesting more than anything.

(Finally to my actual point! LoL)

However one of the strangest things about the internal breakup has to do with the musical score of the game. Why would they replace Greg Edmonson as the composer? Did he just say no when they asked him to do it? I personally kind of doubt that seeing as he's not necessarily the biggest composer out there in Hollywood. And though Henry Jackman's score is great to many, I found it quite lacking the true spirit of Uncharted.

To me, Edmonson IS Uncharted. The games wouldn't have been what they are today without him.

So recently I was looking him up and discovered that he scored a movie called Bounty Killer in 2013 which is the year Uncharted 4 was announced. Surprisingly A LOT of this soundtrack features the same music from Uncharted 1, 2 and 3.

This movie seems to have been released in September of 2013. Uncharted 4 was revealed in November of the same year with music that sounded very close to this. It's very possible that Greg Edmonson left the project along with Amy Hennig, Alan Tudyk and Todd Stashwick. I originally thought that this could have been unreleased U4 music but I realize now that wouldn't make any sense given the movie's release date.

Anyway if you're anything like me and miss Uncharted's music, maybe you'll enjoy this. It's pretty fun imagining what scenes this music could fit with in U4.

Edit: For some odd reason Gaf won't allow me to post the youtube link to the Bounty Killer soundtrack. But I'm sure you're all capable of looking it up if you're actually interested.

If you type in Bounty Killer OST it should be the first result. It's a woman holding two handguns.

Last edited:
Top Bottom