• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What was the best version of Return Fire? (old game revisited)

Brofist

My friend tells me the 3DO version, but I don't remember anything special about it over the PC version. Then again I didn't have a 3DO so.

fatty

I've only played the Playstation and 3DO versions and I couldn't really tell a difference between the two, though I played them pretty far apart from each other. But unless you're really looking I think they're pretty similar.

xexex

Banned
I have both the 3DO and Playstation versions. the 3DO version is, believe it or not, better. however if you are a fan of the game like I am, you will naturally want to have BOTH versions

Return Fire....fun as hell. this game was compared to the all-time classic, Herzog Zwei, in at least one magazine or web review. even though RF is nothing like HZ, the comparison was welcome. I love these games.

IIRC, there was a Return Fire maps disc released, either for 3DO or Playstation, unless I am mistaken. If my memory is right about that, well, I never played it.

btw, how good is Return Fire 2 (released in 1998 i think) for the PC ?

shpankey

not an idiot
Absolutely the 3DO version. For one, it has much better sound (the 3DO sound was always a lot better than the Playstations sound chip). The look of the graphics is also a little crisper.

The extra maps disk was released on the 3DO btw.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Yeah, the 3DO version was the best.

Also the 3DO had the best version of Wing Commander 3 as well.

I still have my FZ-10 3DO just for the Wing Commander games.

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
The 3D0 version is better, but the PSOne version is very good too...

I LOVE this game BTW.....awesome soundtrack....

Loved grabing the flag in the jeep and RUNNING MY ASS OFF to get away from enemy fire while "Flight of the Bumblebee" was blaring in the background:D

pjberri

Crotchety Old Man
God, RF was awesome, my friend and I played this religiously on PC back in the day. I need to pick it up for PS or something.

Top Bottom