• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What would you have done if you got someone pregnant at 17?

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Hopefully would have agreed on an abortion. World is already weighed down with too many people, without adding yet another unwanted child to the pile.

Kev Kev

airplane1.jpg

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
at 17 there were actually a few times that I thought my then GF (1 month younger than me) was pregnant. we were young/stupid and had it all planned out. we were talking about her moving down to my city to live with me and then we'd get our own place. so while the thought of having a kid terrified me i think if it did happen then i'd have dealt with it. in my head we were already going to be living together and i thought i loved her. i wasn't going anywhere. shit, we (she) already had picked the name of our future kids.

i'm a huge worrier, so i think what scared me most was that she'd break up with me and then i'd be ~200 miles away from her and i'd not get to see my kid often. plus, i saw the way she + her mum treated her dad (they got divorced) and i thought i never want to be in the same situation as him.

turns out my gf was lying to me in those times she thought she was pregnant. she knew it terrified me and would play the "I'm late" card to fuck with my head. we broke up and i stopped talking to her but we spoke again after about 2 years and she had already fired out 2 kids :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Lunarorbit

That's the truth at that age you either don't want to date them or they are always dating a guy at least a couple of years older.
Junior year several girls at my school were dating guys who graduated already and still lived in the area. Kinda messed up

MrMephistoX

I know you are kidding but I have seen that presented before as a legit option on social media and that is horrifying to me that people can do that to someone they care about.
Totally kidding but religious nuts want to ban even IUD and the morning after pill and then theres the Catholics.

Last edited:

Doczu

Gold Member
Well babies don't come into existence from nothing, so both parties should have known the risk.
My mom always told me to wear a rubber cause it's 10 minutes of pleasure and 18 years of struggle. Wise words, made me plow with a little bit of conscience.

If you're asking "for a friend" then tell your friend to man up and take responsibility. I know many people who had kids at a young age and they came to be fantastic parents. There is never a good time for kids, you always sacrifice something. And i speak of experience.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Well babies don't come into existence from nothing, so both parties should have known the risk.
My mom always told me to wear a rubber cause it's 10 minutes of pleasure and 18 years of struggle. Wise words, made me plow with a little bit of conscience.

If you're asking "for a friend" then tell your friend to man up and take responsibility. I know many people who had kids at a young age and they came to be fantastic parents. There is never a good time for kids, you always sacrifice something. And i speak of experience.

Fantastic post. To all of you who said that you would just abort the baby, I have one question: do you have kids?

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Apparently I did, but I didn't find out about it until I was 29. But this is coming from a manipulative devil ex, who then went on to say she had a miscarriage and had to go to the hospital so she doesn't have any receipts.

So I definitely didn't.

Don't know why I shared that, but

LOL OP POSTS ON ERA KEK POGGERS

What the hell happened to the art of pulling out and busting on her face/back? In this day and age, with all the education we have today, if you get someone knocked up that young, you're either an idiot or one of those assholes who likes to fake that they didn't know they were about to cum so they can bust inside.

It just amazes with all the methods we have to prevent pregnancy, people are still so loose about it.

BigBooper

Assuming she'd go along with whatever I chose? Try to start a family and raise the child. Go get a job.

If I had any say in it, I'd never go along with killing the baby.

Last edited:

Doczu

Gold Member
So i posted my take on the question asked and checked the thread afterwards and oh boy.
Reading all through here i just hope your supreme court will overturn Roe v Wade cause all of you are nothing but deatheaters.
The decision to terminate life gets dropped here so casually it physically hurts me.

I'm not going to the purple forum cause the only purple thing i like is my wife's dildo and not a sack full of spineless death cultists but i pressume the opinio is heavily skewed towards abortion

Doczu

Gold Member
Were you literally shaking and crying while you typed that post?
No, i fel nothing more than pure sadness that one can casually throw it around as a backup option.
Physical disgust when hearing ornreading stuff is perfectly normal, but has been taken over by people with hurt fee fee's cause somenone wrote something subjectively nasty.
There is nothing subjective about abortion as a plan B. And it's sad to see that the idea has been planted as something perfectly normal 🤷🏻‍♂️

Doom85

Season 4 Wow GIF by The Office

How about we stick to the OP’s question and not morally judge a bunch of people over an assumption towards what qualifies as a living being? If that’s too much for you, then hop into your own Discord or some shit where you can enjoy your echo chamber and never be challenged on your own views or have to deal with the “horror” of looking into what science has to say about certain topics.

Seriously people, with a topic question like this, did you really not think some might consider abortion an option? If that just makes you miserable, then why the fuck did you read this thread to begin with?

Doczu

Gold Member
Season 4 Wow GIF by The Office

How about we stick to the OP’s question and not morally judge a bunch of people over an assumption towards what qualifies as a living being? If that’s too much for you, then hop into your own Discord or some shit where you can enjoy your echo chamber and never be challenged on your own views or have to deal with the “horror” of looking into what science has to say about certain topics.

Seriously people, with a topic question like this, did you really not think some might consider abortion an option? If that just makes you miserable, then why the fuck did you read this thread to begin with?
No, that is exactly the reason i am here. To see other people opinions and tell what i feel about or change mine if the arguments or posts make me reconsider. It's a public forum, unless i'm getting (thread) banned i am going to express my opinion.

Only people making it an echo chamber are the ones like you telling others to stay out of the thread cause our opinions don't match. I wont tell you to move to a discord or REEE cause i don't like what you have written.

Doom85

No, that is exactly the reason i am here. To see other people opinions and tell what i feel about or change mine if the arguments or posts make me reconsider. It's a public forum, unless i'm getting (thread) banned i am going to express my opinion.

Only people making it an echo chamber are the ones like you telling others to stay out of the thread cause our opinions don't match. I wont tell you to move to a discord or REEE cause i don't like what you have written.

There’s a difference between saying “I would never desire an abortion for myself personally” versus morally judging others for feeling differently. Calling pro-choice people “death cultists” is a personal attack.

And yes, you should stay out of the thread if you can’t stay on topic. The OP asked for what each individual would choose to do, they did not ask for us to start insulting one another.

Doczu

Gold Member
There’s a difference between saying “I would never desire an abortion for myself personally” versus morally judging others for feeling differently. Calling pro-choice people “death cultists” is a personal attack.

And yes, you should stay out of the thread if you can’t stay on topic. The OP asked for what each individual would choose to do, they did not ask for us to start insulting one another.
See this is where you got things wrong. I am pro-choice with my whole heart and soul.

You can choose if you want to have unprotected sex. You can choose what kind of contraceptive will be used. You can choose if you want to keep the baby if the health/life of the mother is in danger due to pregnancy or the child will not be healthy and termination will be more humane.

thats a lot of fucking choice, isn't it?

But you're right and i'm leaving the thread.

OP, if you are still checking for anwsers - don't ask other people, ask your fucking self. Asking other people for opinion regarding something so big in "your" life will just end with you having more doubt regarding any option or having regrets regarding the outcome (whatever you are going to choose). Cause people always like to shed off responsibility and think thst "it wasnt me, i just listened to the wrong people". Listen to yourself on this one.

Kenpachii

No clue, was nowhere near mature enough to even think about this outcome. Probably would ask the girl for a abortion and if she declines and i like her probably make her move in with my family in the same house so my parents could take care of the kid while i still get some school time going.

If i absolute dislike the girl and it was just a one night thing, i would bail probably if she doesn't get a abortion. At that point its her problem.

But then again i didn't sleep around when i was 17 years old to busy with school.

Last edited:

Ionian

Totally kidding but religious nuts want to ban even IUD and the morning after pill and then theres the Catholics.

Condoms were banned in Southern Ireland, used to have to cross the border for them.

That's when my parents were teens. I used to have to go to my GP for the morning after pill decades later for my missus.

Now, you can buy them in pharmacies without visiting a doctor. They consult you in there and it's no big deal at all.

How times change.

Wrap it up, if in doubt speak to a doc asap. If an idiot doesn't, zero sympathy for that type of stupidity. You need to man up and suffer the consequences.

Kilau

10 minutes?! You stud.

Top Bottom