• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What would you if you had a riddiculous amount of money?

So you just received 50 mil usd from your deceased aunt. And you inherited 50 mil. What would you, and how do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
What do you think would happen in each year since you received the money?
I'll go first.

Year 1- I'd buy all the tech imaginable and build a house with a swimming pool to accomodate at least 15 hookers at the same time
year 2- I'd travel to India, USA, Russia, Africa, Sweden, Japan, China, Chile, Brasil etc. I'd like to have sex with at least one women in each country I mentioned
year 3- Probably still traveling
year 4- cars, drugs and prostitutes (I'd put that pool to good use :) )
year 5- cars, drugs and prostitutes

amigastar

I would pay Rockstar to make a GTA: Chinatown Wars successor for the 3DS because it was a pity that GTA:CW did not sell well on the DS. Such a great game.
And while we are at it i would open a gamestudio (like Vin Diesel)

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
Post in Off-topic?

But seriously. Probably invest most of it and go travelling for a year, which would give me the necessary time and space to figure out what I really wanted to do with the rest of my life (and the money).

BitDust

ThoroughFocusedAxolotl-size_restricted.gif

Kadayi

Banned
Post in Off-topic?

But seriously. Probably invest most of it and go travelling for a year, which would give me the necessary time and space to figure out what I really wanted to do with the rest of my life (and the money).

However, with that said, and given this is in gaming, maybe just bankroll Prey 2 and make Husky Husky dreams come true 🤔

I need that Notch money firstly though.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
- purchase a castle. probably somewhere in Europe. i want to live in a castle.
- a waterfall bar that revolves around my swimming pool
- an arcade with full coin op machines full lineup of Capcom/Konami 90s machines, pinball as well
- i would make a video game, a 2d platformer, which i actually already started sprite work on. it would come out on as many platforms as i can get
- vacation constantly in Japan
- purchase an industrial quality record lathe, make small batch hand cut vinyl albums
- i would work on music full time and start playing shows again, starting several bands. i would advertise on youtube with my $$$.
- i would release an album and go on tour. you could easily buy several years worth of tours based on nothing if u just hire the right press agent
- spend almost all of my time traveling the world

Last edited:

Reon

I would buy 1,000,000 copies of Star Fox Assault on Nintendo GameCube.
In fact, I would do more than that. I would buy 1,500,000 copies of Star Fox Assault on Nintendo GameCube and proceed to go into severe debt for the rest of my life because of it. This situation would end as a net negative for me, so I really hope it doesn't happen.

TacosNSalsa

Take 10 mil and put the rest in various interest bearing accounts and funds ..boring but safe. With the 10 mil take half (maybe a little more) of that and start buying property to rent . I want so much passive income that couldn't go broke unless I really really tried to .

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
However, with that said, and given this is in gaming, maybe just bankroll Prey 2 and make Husky Husky dreams come true 🤔

I need that Notch money firstly though.
YES I WOULD SPEND IT ON PREY 2 :lollipop_blowing_kiss:
But producing three more seasons of The OA would be on my list as well. And travel. But that's after my returns from Prey 2!

Raven117

Hire people to invest my money properly using a conservative approach. Figure out immediately what my discipline needs to be.

Travel the world, buy a modest house in a good neighborhood.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I’d buy a house just outside of Springfield, IL and fill it with stuff.

I’d buy a new car. Nothing fancy. Something like a Chrysler 300.

I’d get a few more huskies.

I’d spend my days smoking weed, going to dog parks, watching tv, playing video games,reading comics, and going to sporting events.

Last edited:

lachesis

Will buy Sega and get back into console market. VF7, Skies of Arcadia Remake, Jet Set Radio Future2, and some sort of high-budget metrovania game, Fully licensed NBA, MLB, NFL and FIFA games at launch. Resident Evil Revelation3 to launch within 3 month, with a numbered Resident Evil to follow within year. Shenmue 4 with VF fighting mechanics with a talented Korean director/cinematographer/storyteller to aid Suzuki to tell the story - coming in Holiday season of launch, with bi-yearly release of 5 and 6 to end the story, with complete remake of 1-3 in the mean time. Skies of Arcadia arrives 3rd year. Street of Rage game with Yakuza engine, 2nd year. Single player numbered Phantasy Star 4th year. VF8 in 4th year, Panzer Dragoon Saga remake in early 2nd year, and PDS2 in 5th year.

but... reading OP, it's only 50 mil....

well, I will just pay off my house and retire, and do nothing for a year. I will probably try to "build" something with bulk of money though. I like building/making things...

JBat

I would take 1 million and start a phishing scam but actually send the money. As for the rest, put my kids through college then buy land in the middle of no where and build a house from which to watch the world burn because of my phishing scam that has ruined everyone's trust in cyber security/common sense

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Will buy Sega and get back into console market. VF7, Skies of Arcadia Remake, Jet Set Radio Future2, and some sort of high-budget metrovania game, Fully licensed NBA, MLB, NFL and FIFA games at launch. Resident Evil Revelation3 to launch within 3 month, with a numbered Resident Evil to follow within year. Shenmue 4 with VF fighting mechanics with a talented Korean director/cinematographer/storyteller to aid Suzuki to tell the story - coming in Holiday season of launch, with bi-yearly release of 5 and 6 to end the story, with complete remake of 1-3 in the mean time. Skies of Arcadia arrives 3rd year. Street of Rage game with Yakuza engine, 2nd year. Single player numbered Phantasy Star 4th year. VF8 in 4th year, Panzer Dragoon Saga remake in early 2nd year, and PDS2 in 5th year.

but... reading OP, it's only 50 mil....

well, I will just pay off my house and retire, and do nothing for a year. I will probably try to "build" something with bulk of money though. I like building/making things...

All that and no mention of Shining Force? Disgraceful!

Buy nice and readonably priced. With 50 mil, i can afford a 3 million dollar home with 6 to 8 bedrooms as guest room for any close friends that have fallen on hard times and need a place to stay for awhile. They would ofcourse be told not to take advantage of me whilst willingly helping said people out.

Pay off close friends and family members debts. Solid restart finacially for all...that have proven to be honest and caring. No moochers or skeezes are getting my money.

Give mother and sister 10 million each, but with the stipulation that i help them with their money. They arent very good with money, but i can stretch a dollar far and financally knowledgable. I dont want them going broke in 5 years.

mcz117chief

I would build 2 feet of a highway. I should have enough for an ice cream cone after that.

Honestly though I would pay all our family debts (mortgages, leasing for cars etc.) and then invest in estate that I could rent. Give some to a charity (about a 1/4) and buy myself a nice small house in the suburbs for me and my family.

GeorgPrime

Banned
So you just received 50 mil usd from your deceased aunt. And you inherited 50 mil. What would you, and how do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
What do you think would happen in each year since you received the money?
I'll go first.

Year 1- I'd buy all the tech imaginable and build a house with a swimming pool to accomodate at least 15 hookers at the same time
year 2- I'd travel to India, USA, Russia, Africa, Sweden, Japan, China, Chile, Brasil etc. I'd like to have sex with at least one women in each country I mentioned
year 3- Probably still traveling
year 4- cars, drugs and prostitutes (I'd put that pool to good use :) )
year 5- cars, drugs and prostitutes

Count how many months i may need before i hit 100. Months x 4000 to habe a nice life. Üut the money away somewhere save. Enjoy the rest

Buy the neighborhood I live in and collect rent and the people who annoy me will be evicted to move "family" in. Par the eviction laws to get someone out. That or buy a neo geo. Both cost essentially the same.

What makes a good leader?

He was charismatic and more, but his legacy is trash. So what matters more, his strong qualities, or what he left behind.

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Pay off my mortgage. Give some money to my kids , but some places.

live off like 5 million of it and use the rest to help out family friends and some charities.

Hmm... I’d probably get another Witch Hunter Robin anime series made. Maybe a remake. I would have another Jet Set Radio game made. I would buy a really nice house, a Lamborghini (possibly a concept model). I would make sure all of my loved ones don’t need for anything. Then I would sit back and buy tons of anime, games, etc. and just enjoy life.

Fuck man. I think about this shit all the time.

Year 1
- pay off everything I owe to IRS
- pay off student loans
- figure out if I have any other debts, pay those off
- do the exact same for my wife
- do the exact same for my mom
- do the exact ame for my wife’s mom & grandmother
- buy a modest yet incredibly large middle class suburban home. I do not want a celebrity mansion, just something luxurious but family oriented. Preferably local to where I currently am.
- new car
- buy that new Xbox coming out this year

Year 2
- get my old lady knocked up
- put the rest away in savings for the future baby and any comics/games/weed needs I might have

don’t really need to list out the other years; Dream life achieved

edit: fixed some typos

Last edited:
S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
I’d buy a house just outside of Springfield, IL and fill it with stuff.

I’d buy a new car. Nothing fancy. Something like a Chrysler 300.

I’d get a few more huskies.

I’d spend my days smoking weed, going to dog parks, watching tv, playing video games,reading comics, and going to sporting events.
With 50 Mil I can certainly try!
Shouldn't you pay off your debt first?
Pete ain't getting any younger.

As for me....
Year One and Two... Bank 80-90m. Buy or rent a nice place, and the neighboring houses too. Put some bikies on retainer to deal with any shitty neighbors left.
Make plans to build my dream home/complex.
Travel a bit. Maybe across state lines. Maybe to Japan to find all the minidiscs that are left.

Year Three... Start the build. No, I'm not going to tell you my floor plans. They are mine!
There will be arcade machines though. And a mini-golf course.

Year Four... Meet some Gaffers irl. Hand out invites and plane tickets to them in person for my housewarming.

Year Five...Move into the house.
All will be well.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
buy myself a small place near the metro, buy my mama & papa each a cozy small place, buy nothing for my siblings except pay off my sisters debt, buy a toyota avalon with a V6. set up a film studio and start shooting sh!t

dan76

Get out if the UK.
Get some kind of remote beach house in the US.
Get a load of dogs.
Make more shmups and release them on consoles.
Buy a shit ton of vintage stuff - arcade machines, some Bally Pinball tables. A John Lautner house....
Basically do exactly what I'm doing now without the financial worry and in nicer surroundings.
I'd also give some cash to a few friends / family who are struggling.

Top Bottom