• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What would you if you had a riddiculous amount of money?

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Immediately hire a personal accountant.
Resolve debts and any requisite taxes.
Set aside / invest some to take care of my kids, my wife, direct family members, and close friends.
Buy some land.
Buy some animals.
Buy some equipment.
Start a no-till organic farm.
Buy an arcade cabinet.

PanzerAzel

Would firstly get a financial advisor. Give half to my parents, fuck my siblings. Buy a property, many acres somewhere in CO or WA and learn to cowboy up. I’ve always wanted horses. Would hire a professional to cook for me and personal trainer. I’d buy a plane and pursue getting my pilot’s license. With that amount of money I’d immediately look into any means to go into space. Travel.

I’ve many ideas for games, so would humor establishing and heading up a game studio. I still want a new AAA Silent Hunter and would work to fulfilling the dream.

Last edited:
I've thought about that. I'm not very materialistic - I'm very much a minimalist actually. I value experiences much more than things.

So, I'd travel more, read more, game more, volunteer more. My life wouldn't look dramatically different really. I may not have a "home" really because I'd be wandering the world so much though.

Nester99

Super bowl, World Series, Stanley cup playoffs. Every year!

take care of friends and family’s debts

have more kids with full time assistance!

GymWolf

Lol 50 milions are not a ridicolous amount, you can't even buy a small island...

But if that is the amount of money that i have to work with...

Escape and fuck off from italy
A little house in amsterdam
Opening a coffeeshop
Maybe a little house in mykonos or barcellona for the summer

Or canada, i always liked that place.

Last edited:

MastAndo

Figure out how I can take care of family and a few close friends without pissing anyone off too badly. Invest a good chunk (after talking to a finacial advisor), give to worthwhile charities, and buy a nice home in or around my current neighborhood so I could stay close enough to everyone. Beyond that, not much - I naturally tend to live modestly despite having money currently to do otherwise, so I don't have much fear of blowing anything close to that amount of money.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
I would not work for someone else. I would buy a modest yet nice secluded house and get the best high speed internet sent to it. Then I would game, write and develop whatever I want for the rest of my life, selling whatever I wished to make money here and there. On occasion the wife and I would take nice vacations, but when I die, I would leave the great majority of it to my children and wife so they could have the same easy life.

I am not one of those people that would spend money on cars, houses and the such. I would use it to not have to work for someone else ever again.

Last edited:

Dis

Buy out squere enis

Hmm but seriously
I would smoke tons of weed while thinking on how to spend. Probably end up spending it all on weed. 🌫

xrnzaaas

I don't think that becoming a millionaire would change my gaming habits (other than buying a huge tv), I never found collector's editions interesting and there's no reason to buy more than I can play. I'd probably move somewhere warmer, share a part of the cash with the closest family.

wPcBfyX.gif

for real thou, probably just boring stuff like putting a lot of it in the bank, get a house somewhere, get a car I like, and go travel.

Change my name and disappear.

Buy a big house in the middle of nowhere far far away from city lights.

I'd make 2 major modifications to the house. The first is to build a nice telescope to take advantage of the dark skies. The second is to build a sex dungeon for Casey Anthony.

Nymphae

Banned
Lately (several years, but more so the past few months) I've been bothered by noisy neighbours. I've sometimes fantasized about starting a "Dirty Work" style business that specializes in frustrating and annoying the shit out of inconsiderate people. Less of a profitable business venture and more prohibitively expensive vigilante justice. Shit like renting out all the apartments adjacent to the offenders, to blast music into the floor, walls, and ceilings during their sleeping hours. Would need ridiculous amounts of cash to pay for all of the setups, and then of course the fines, but man, it would be satisfying to fuck with people who don't give a damn about other people and regularly get away with it. Like I'd love to just walk up to a person who was using their phone in the theatre and just grab it and smash it on the fucking ground. I don't because of all the headaches involved, but if I had unlimited cash, that would be pretty fun.

Durask

So you just received 50 mil usd from your deceased aunt. And you inherited 50 mil. What would you, and how do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
What do you think would happen in each year since you received the money?
I'll go first.

Year 1- I'd buy all the tech imaginable and build a house with a swimming pool to accomodate at least 15 hookers at the same time
year 2- I'd travel to India, USA, Russia, Africa, Sweden, Japan, China, Chile, Brasil etc. I'd like to have sex with at least one women in each country I mentioned
year 3- Probably still traveling
year 4- cars, drugs and prostitutes (I'd put that pool to good use :) )
year 5- cars, drugs and prostitutes

Oh, in my book ridiculous is 1 billion. 50 mil is nice but not ridiculous.

So,

If I get 1 billion I blow it on live action Attack on Titan movie.
The rest of the money I buy the rights to all the obscure 16 bit era games I used to like (Valis, El Viento etc) and establish a programming studio to remake them for me. If they actually break even or make money - that will be a plus, but I wouldn't really care.

I guess I will fly first class or hire a small private jet.

Build an underground shooting range on my property so I don't have to go to the club and stand in line.

Bigger garage and a few more cars maybe. Or just change cars more often.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
MVP in some professional sports league, build my own Area 51 OP created a great thread. I'll give most of it to my family, I got a lot already.

Top Bottom