• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What would you like to see in Affleck's Batman films?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Under the Red Hood is #1, then I want Court of Owls for #2, and The Long Halloween for #3. I could not imagine any better way to handle Batman.

Also, I really want a film where the main villain isn't one of the big ones. Make it like...the Mad Hatter, or Hugo Strange, or Hush.

Azrael would be cool as shit though, I'd love to see that as a movie plot.

NMFried

THE BAT FAMILY. Oh man.

Dick Grayson already established as Nightwing
Tim Drake as Robin
Jason Todd as Red Hood

Then we've also got Babs, Azrael, Catwoman, Batwoman, Batwing, ALFRED, the list goes on.

Want to separate these films from previous Batflicks? Make them about family and trust. It will go miles, especially with a talent like Affleck.

Maximus.

I think the biggest thing for me is not neglecting his team or sidekicks. I want to see Nightwing, Robin, Oracle, etc.

I want a more psychologically focused Batman, one that looks at how fucked up Batman is mentally and how his villains keep pushing him towards a break. I like how Grant Morrison's Batman run focused on that, though the execution was pretty poor. As much as I like seeing Batman kick ass, take names, and make criminals into quadriplegics, I think Batman doesn't get enough focus on his detective skills either. So, in short, I'd like to see a film that does things like a mystery film with a heavy focus on fucking with Batman's psyche till a 3rd act reveal showing the big bad and ending with the obligatory brawl.

In shorter, Court of Owls.

Misha

Banned
I'd like to see a good adaptation of the Riddler where it highlighted Batman's detective skills. He probably wouldn't be the main villain but a secondary one
never gonna happen though

Bleepey

A lot more detective work than in previous films. I don't even need that much action just Batman figuring out complex villains and trying to stay a step ahead.

Thank you. I imagine in my hypothetical batman movie I'd have there be a breakout in Arkham as well as a murder of someone prominent in either the Asylum or Gotham and Batman has to use his detective skills to travel across the city, capturing and interrogating criminals to see who caused this.
Probably the Joker
. This will allow world building of Gotham and probably build upon Suicide Squad. Sort of like Batman meets... I am not sure what detect is film I can think of where a detective tries to solve a murder and goes from place to place finding clues b

jph139

I want to see characters that have either not been adapted in years, never been adapted, or adapted shittily.

Riddler. Red Hood. Hush. Fuckin' MR. FREEZE.

Give me an adaptation of HUSH but where we don't know there's an imposter for most of the movie. Give me some JJ Abrams' level secrecy going into the movie (maybe even misdirection with another villain), and make it a thriller.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Black Glove is pretty fucking nutty for the tone established in these films so far.

Not that I'm ever sad to see more Morrison adaptations...

Speaking of which, I will piss off a lot of longtime fans and say that if they do add robin to this setting, I'd prefer Damian over all the alternatives. Especially if that means a flashback to Batfleck getting into a bare-chested swordfight with Ras Al Ghul. Because that is the greatest and I refuse to let freaking Arrow have the best live action version of that scene.

I'd like to see the Metahumans in Batman's rogues gallery get a fair shake since this Batman can obviously fight them. I don't even need them as a main villain. Just a cold open of Batman savaging Clayface or something would be great.

If they want to go really dark, I feel like there's probably a loose adaptation of The Black Mirror which could make a pitch black Batfleck movie.

Or they could just say 'fuck it' and adapt Batman: Gothic.

That'd tear everyone up.

Court of Owls / Robin Origin mix. Play up the whole aspect of Dick being marked as a Talon from birth, have the Flying Graysons killed when they refuse to hand him over and Bruce takes him in to investigate why the Owls are after him.

Detective focused storylines with deductions.

Bruce as a scientist, creating devices, working with Lucius.

Court of Owls.

Nightwing.

Bat dad (not literally, but being a father figure to Robins).

Batman maintaining contact with the JL, maybe a Superman cameo (even something as simple as a video chat from the fortress to the cave) to show their friendship developing.

Corpsepyre

Banned
I was wondering. Considering the kind off Joker Leto possibly is in the series, could it be that they finally adapt Endgame?!?!?

Could wok.

black070

A live action adaption of this.

latest

I would love to see "I am vengeance, I am the Night, I am...Batman!" done in live-action, although I wonder if the scene would do that well on a non-animated platform, some might find it silly.

A Red Hood adaptation would be great. It's gruesome too, but seeing Barbara Gordon get paralyzed would be a holy shit moment but that would definitely only suit a rated R film. A lot of Batfamily love really would be fantastic.

I think it would be pretty cool if Poison Ivy appeared. Not as a main villain, but just a bit role. Honestly I would be happy if we get Harley mentioning her friend "Red" in Suicide Squad.

Honestly? Something out of Grant Morrison's run. A triolgy about the Black Glove that ends with a Batman Incorporated film would be great, it could even lead to the same kind of thing Batman did when he initially founded the Outsiders: "I'm out of the League and forming my own team, my own Bat-team!"

I just want to see Gaucho.

Oh and one of the movies opening with Batman taking down a secondary villain (like Calendar Man or Zsasz) in the first fifteen minutes or so would be pretty neat.

definitely a lack of Affleck.. who can take that guy seriously, for real?

can we quit remaking all these silly comics and actually put some effort into an original film or

Dalek

definitely a lack of Affleck.. who can take that guy seriously, for real?

Do you remember there was a time when the whole world just sort of laughed at Ben Affleck and it was commonly accepted that he was a bad actor-and now for some reason he's revered? When did that happen?

Sesha

- Complete Batfamily:

Dick, Jason, Tim, Babs, Steph, Cassie, Damian, even Batwing, Huntress, Bluebird, etc.

- More recent, non-Joker story lines. DKR adapted No Man's Land. Great. More like that.

- A more introspective look at the character, beyond just the trauma of losing his parents, savior complex and the Batman-Joker dichotomy.

- More detective work. It can be exciting and engaging, no matter what execs fear or focus groups might say.

I will never understand how Ackles is still in the TV wasteland.

He seems rather comfortable in it. White square-jawed action hero-types get chewed up and spat out with a frequency that should rightly worry any such actor.

Horror.

Oh also, can we have Batman in every film?

Also, do you know what would work? We're never going to see Batman take on smaller thugs and much detective work in the film's. A short run, Batfleck TV show, maybe 6 episodes of just standard stuff, leading to his big movie.

I'd love it!

Kuroyume

Banned
I want to see the Bat Family. Nightwing, Robin, Redhood, Redrobin, Batgirl etc. They don't have to do origin stories for them either. Just give me a movie with these characters already established.

Pau

- Complete Batfamily:

Dick, Jason, Tim, Babs, Steph, Cassie, Damian, even Batwing, Huntress, Bluebird, etc.

- More recent, non-Joker story lines. DKR adapted No Man's Land. Great. More like that.

- A more introspective look at the character, beyond just the trauma of losing his parents, savior complex and the Batman-Joker dichotomy.

- More detective work. It can be exciting and engaging, no matter what execs fear or focus groups might say.
I like this post.

Seriously, everyone wanting the BatFamily makes me happy. :3 Even though we probably will never get it...

ZeroX03

Banned
Affleck directing Court of Owls adaptation.

This here, with Affleck taking a few pages out of Fincher's book because I think his style would work well with the Court. The Scott Snyder/gothic horror kind of take on Batman is very different to Nolan and Zack Snyder's styles, and it'll look stunning.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
- Complete Batfamily:

He seems rather comfortable in it. White square-jawed action hero-types get chewed up and spat out with a frequency that should rightly worry any such actor.
This.

I'm bored with the same villains. Show me something else outside joker, two face, ridler, Catwoman, penguin. There's an entire legion of rogues out there. Use it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom