• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What would you like to see in Xenoblade Chronicles 3?

SantaC

They should try and get back to Xenoblade 1 imo. A tighter story and a protagonist that doesnt look like a 8 year old kid.

Both XCX and XC2 are good games, but they still cant match up to the first one in terms of story and party members.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I personally love both XC1&2 equally but I actually want to see Monolith Soft do new IP.

Monolith-Soft_08-20-17_001.jpg

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I liked the story in XBC2 a bit more. I agree I'd like to see an older protagonst though. I hope they build on XBC1+2 and don't go the direction of X again.

Ritsumei2020

Report me for console warring
They should try and get back to Xenoblade 1 imo. A tighter story and a protagonist that doesnt look like a 8 year old kid.

Both XCX and XCX2 are good games, but they still cant match up to the first one in terms of story and party members.

XC2 you mean, there wasnt a sequel to X yet.

I like 2 story and party better than 1. XC1 is good, but it limits the kind of party you can build. You can use Melia but the AI is useless with her and she doesn't really fit in a topple-lock set up. Marla is useless most of the time, and Riki is a better healer. If you dont use Melia yourself, you are already down to 4 viable characters. Reyn is good, Dunban is good, 7 is great, but Shulk is not so great when the AI uses him. So its limited to a very specific set up where you kind of need to control Shulk to use him efficiently.

Story-wise I like them both equally, but I thought the concept of blades was cool. XC1 world is more coherent, but 2 has more variety. I also like X a lot, and would love to see a Switch port soon.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I personally love both XC1&2 equally but I actually want to see Monolith Soft do new IP.

Monolith-Soft_08-20-17_001.jpg

Yep. Same. This western fantasy inspired whatever, looks absolutely tantalizing, and you know they have the skill to pull it off.

I'm willing to put Xeno on hold to see what they can do in an entirely new world and style.

Great pacing like xenoblade chronicles 1. No more rough edges, difficulty spikes etc.

Matching their ambition with skill level/capabilities. No more over ambitious titles.

Last edited:

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
I’d like to see characters that are more serious and loss anime looking. Moreover, a much, much older protagonist.

Add more life to the world and reward people for exploring with hidden items, NPCs and more.

Make the cities larger and add some more smaller, sleepy villages.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
I would like something in the style of XCX, but with a more cohesive story and better characters.

I really believe the next Xeno title will be a magnum opus for Monolith. They've done exceptional work after being scooped up by Nintendo and I can't imagine a regression on their part, but we'll see.

Vaelka

I’d like to see characters that are more serious and loss anime looking. Moreover, a much, much older protagonist.

Add more life to the world and reward people for exploring with hidden items, NPCs and more.

Make the cities larger and add some more smaller, sleepy villages.

I agree with the older protagonist just in general in Japanese games, I think that Japanese games are kinda creepy with how they're so often children in these games.
But...
Less Anime xD?

It wouldn't be the same game anymore.
The series is very Anime and if they changed that then it wouldn't be Xenoblade anymore.
I don't think that a game needs to be less Anime either to be serious that's mainly an issue with the writing.

ExpandKong

Banned
I’d like to see some bigger anime tiddies, I was left a little disappointed with XBC2 in that department.

Other than that echoing the older protagonist sentiment others have said. More Kaim from Lost Odyssey, less Justin from Grandia.

fallingdove

Kunihiko Tanaka on character design, Sawano on the soundtrack.

Id like another East meets West mish mash (Eg. Martial Arts and Christianity) ala Xenogears and Xenosaga.

Don’t make me play as a 6 year old boy or girl.

Keep the exploration

Make side quests more meaningful

Let me grind if I want to

Last edited:

gtrwll

Continue in the vein of XC2. It improved on XC1 on pretty much everything, so for me that would be the obvious way to go.

Music has to be (mostly) by ACE. No way around it.

jaysius

Banned
A competent battle system that doesn’t take 10-15 hours to come to fruition.

We also don’t need such big bobs on all the females.

Last edited:

Nico_D

I liked the story, the world and the characters of XC1 a bit more than XC2 but XC2 has better combat and soundtrack and few jawdropping cutscenes. As good as XC1 was, I think it suffered because of the pretty repetitive combat: playing Shulk hit side, hit back, break topple, repeat.

So hopefully XC3 makes it more like it was in XC2.

zelhawks37

Less sidequests, but they are more meaningful. Use Xenoblade 1 remake's artstyle, but 2's combat system. Everything else is solid IMO and I trust Monolith Soft to continue that superb quality.

I wouldn't mind a new IP though.

carlosrox

Banned
I much prefer the world/characters in XB2 to 1.

Either that or a true medieval/fantasy old school FF style game.

Last edited:
Like xenoblade chronicles 1, but please wait until nintendo update the hardware. It has to be 720p handheld and 1080p docked at the very least.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
I agree with the older protagonist just in general in Japanese games, I think that Japanese games are kinda creepy with how they're so often children in these games.
But...
Less Anime xD?

It wouldn't be the same game anymore.
The series is very Anime and if they changed that then it wouldn't be Xenoblade anymore.
I don't think that a game needs to be less Anime either to be serious that's mainly an issue with the writing.

XBC1 wasn’t an anime the way XC2 was. Moreover, we’re discussing a new iteration, so “it wouldn’t not be the same game” is obvious. XC3 wouldn’t be a remaster.

I want:
Epic grand environments with lots of exploration and secret area's
Fetch quests to be handled like XBC DE
The option to buy fetch quest items like in XBC X
A continuation of the XBC X storyline
Vehicle transport / Skells
Beautiful soundtrack
Huge enemies that make me want to run away from in the beginning of the game and to come back to when I can feel myself getting stronger

I don't want:
Random Blades / Gacha bullshit
1-2-3 WHOOOOO
High pitched sidekicks or characters

Hudo

I kinda want to see their fantasy IP first, tbh.
And then Xenoblade X2 second and go full mecha this time.
As for Xenoblade Chronicles 3, I really don't know, tbh. And that makes it kinda exciting. I like the idea of the having Blades but, for the love of god, without any of the gacha shit. And give the dev team enough time for development. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was rushed and it shows. I do like the rythm-based (That's how it felt like for me, at least. With the auto cancelling, driver art cancelling and all...) battle system of XC2 more than the "MMO-style" battle system of XC1, though.

Jeeves

Whatever they do, I want something like Blades to come back. I liked the variation of them, and the uniqueness they brought to the game. It was always fun to find or unlock a new one.
Yeah, I'd love to see them build on this concept more. Everyone had their own favorite Blades and stuff that they got attached to, and it ensured that no two playthroughs felt the same. I think they were really onto something with that.

Fbh

I'd be fine if the next one continued with the blades system though this time without the shitty gacha system. Make them all unique and obtainable through sidequests and exploration. Also I'd rather have less sidequests but have them all be more unique, or create some system that makes it easy to identify the side quests which are worth it and the ones which are MMO style fetch quests (Maybe call one type "Side Quests" and the "tasks" or "activities" or whatever).

I'd also love them to give mechs from X another go but in a more story focused games like 1 and 2.

And whatever they end up doing, I'd take higher resolution over nicer graphics. Xenoblade X looked nice and was 720p on WiiU, go back to those visuals at 900p or 1080p on Switch instead of trying to improve the graphics and tech but having to make the game a blurry mess to achieve it.

Last edited:

Jaxcellent

They should use the story kind of telling from Xeno 1, and add the combat with the skell's from Xeno X.. and also add the changing of characters like FF7 RE, make it a bit like Xenogears, and add some more mature themes and graphics, make it a bit darker and don't forget to make a special edition, because I'm buying.

Algorum

Neo Member
Huge and dynamic open world. Take what made X great and expand it while still having an interesting story.

I honestly felt a bit disappointed with how they handled 2 and by that I mean it’s large world was separated with zones instead of a dynamic Open-World similar to X.

I don’t know if all the ideas will be fully realized because whatever Monolith is working on it’ll be on the Switch and hardware is my only worry given how poorly their games play on handled mode, etc.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Better combat/a stable 30FPS. Have somebody actually work on optimizing the game when it is docked properly. Also being able to use blades themselves and the same artstyle from 2. Since it sold the best I'm hoping Nintendo doesn't pull a Sony and cucks the art direction.

Ez4xdC9.jpg

Also plot.

XBC1 wasn’t an anime the way XC2 was. Moreover, we’re discussing a new iteration, so “it wouldn’t not be the same game” is obvious. XC3 wouldn’t be a remaster.
Fighting god isn't as anime! Having 500 different anime tropes doesn't make it as anime as XC2 because it doesn't have a more varied artstyle!

Sigh.

Last edited by a moderator:

kunonabi

Better combat/a stable 30FPS. Have somebody actually work on optimizing the game when it is docked properly. Also being able to use blades themselves and the same artstyle from 2. Since it sold the best I'm hoping Nintendo doesn't pull a Sony and cucks the art direction.

Ez4xdC9.jpg

Also plot.

Fighting god isn't as anime! Having 500 different anime tropes doesn't make it as anime as XC2 because it doesn't have a more varied artstyle!

Sigh.

Lol, pretty much. That's why X was do good. It was more pure sci-fi/ classic anime than the usual shonen nonsense you got from the other two games.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Lol, pretty much. That's why X was do good. It was more pure sci-fi/ classic anime than the usual shonen nonsense you got from the other two games.
I want anime tiddies with mechs.

Top Bottom