• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

whats next for gameplay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barnimal

Banned
i just thought of something though on a serious note. with games becoming more and more mainstream it may take longer for the "next" revolution in gameplay as there are more people to bore before it becomes necessary. if the masses are having fun with all these clones then why innovate? when something different comes along its met more with a WTF or a wow anyway. examples. Shenmue 1 and 2. best game i've ever played but by many it was more of a WTF? I loved it because It takes the sanbox and adds TONS to it. personality, a story, a living breathing world. Other side of the spectrum, katamari damacy another personal fave. i believe its simplicity helped this one fly though but again its a better verision of the sandbox. a BIG sandbox where you can roll everything in it up into a big ball. :lol much more accepted than shenmue though i believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom