• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the most fun you had in game?

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Mario 64 probably, if I had to try and pick one thing. We got it and the new system right when it came out, so all our friends were over at our place 24/7 for months. Would take turns getting stars and looking for secrets or speed running levels. Was an entirely new way to play games.

Recently it would be HiFi Rush.

I enjoy listening to music, but was never good at playing music.

Your guitar hits play a tune that when you are raking in A's and S's syncs perfectly with the game score. Extremely cool to listen to.

GermanZepp

hmmm... 🤔 Strictly fun..

UMK3, Earthworm Jim, Rock n' Roll Racing in Genesis,
Crazy Taxi, Phantasy Star in Dreamcast,
Counter Strike, PC
Guitar Hero in PS2,
Gow Ascenssion MP in PS3
Rocket League PS4

gRPVvR.gif

giphy.webp

“Dead On!”

6 hours of pure fun.

Arrived, sliced, left on a great note, and didn’t overstay it’s welcome. In hindsight I fully believe that people were wrong about how harshly they criticized this game’s length. I played it again recently on Xbox backwards compat, and it was still a blast from start to finish.

That’s why it’s in my top 5 of all time.

Dynasty8

Raiding in Destiny with friends. Hate it or love it, there is something truly special when you and 5 friends are working together to figure something out blind and overcome a tough challenge with awesome combat to boot and epic music playing in the background.

mrmustard

Banned
- New Hitmans. Exlploring every inch of the maps, always finding new ways and possible kill methods is super fun. They also have interesting achievements.
- Chivalry 1+2. Super satisfying to beat enemies 1:1.
- World of Warcraft Classic + TBC. Just epic, so much fun.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Over the weekend I beat Titanfall 2's campaign and it was one of the best, most fun FPS campaigns I had ever played and I've played a lot of them. I know EA let the game die but this really is a brilliant game.

soulbait

First thing that comes to my mind is in Halo 2 when my brother and two other friends went on an all night winning streak. A couple of times it was close, down to one kill or two, but somehow we would just keep on winning. We were not even the best Halo 2 players, especially me, but that night something just clicked.

As for single player games, I would say playing Ocarina of Time for the first time. Playing such an adventure in 3D blew me away and really opened up my ideas on what was possible in gaming.

There are other fun moments. The Uncharted series has many set pieces that once completed, I would say "wow that was fun." Really hard to pick out one moment or one game.

Ev1L AuRoN

• Playing guitar hero with all the instruments with my friends drinking beer and partying was epic. I'm playing drums, Everton on Guitar and André on Bass guitar, Adam with the vocals;
  • World of Warcraft raids with friends are also up there. The adrenaline was exhilarating;
  • Playing a local CSGO tournament in my city was also amazing.

zephiross

Running over prostitutes with my car to get my money back in GTA3 when I was 7.

Joking aside, I couldn't pick a game really because I've enjoyed a lot of games for a lot of different reasons that could be classed as fun depending on your definition of fun, but if you mean in a light hearted way like laughing while playing I would pick CoD 4 or MW2 (2009) online with friends of the time

Last edited:

Hudo

10-man UBRS runs in WoW Vanilla back then. Or a bit later, still in Vanilla, 40-man MC and BWL raids. We were half-drunk so the banter on Team Speak was something you'd find on 4chan. It was fucking great.

brian0057

Banned
Counter-Strike 1.6 and Warcraft III LAN in a cybercafe with my brother and some friends.
1v1 against my younger brother in Quake II for PSOne.

Topher

Gold Member
Shadow of Mordor immediately comes to mind. I would run around for hours using all those cool powers attacking random orcs and such.

Also, the combat in Hogwarts Legacy was very satisfying, imo.

Thyuda

World of Warcraft back in 2004/05, there hasn't been anything close to this feeling and there never will be again (for me, since I'm not 16 anymore :D)

Doom Eternal on Nightmare and Sekiro as the most recent examples. There are a lot of games I had fun but this stuck out to me more. Incredibly challenging but the most satisfying and fair ones.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Playing the original Luigi's Mansion. I was bouncing between P.C. and my PS2 in the early 2000s and decided to opt for something more simple. I'd only seen trailers but it was fun that came with great memories. Unfortunately, Dark Moon or Luigi's Mansion 3 just don't really feel the same. Could be that they're Next Level games...or that it was just nostalgia.

iuQNNwe.gif

Noxxera

Most fun? South Park Stick of Truth. Laughed my ass off near the end. Through the whole game really.

Fractured But Whole I haven't even finished I think, it was very mehh compared to Stick of truth

TxKnight7

gRPVvR.gif

giphy.webp

“Dead On!”

6 hours of pure fun.

Arrived, sliced, left on a great note, and didn’t overstay it’s welcome. In hindsight I fully believe that people were wrong about how harshly they criticized this game’s length. I played it again recently on Xbox backwards compat, and it was still a blast from start to finish.

That’s why it’s in my top 5 of all time.
Wow i beat the game yesterday on PC, we really need MGR 2.

intbal

3-way Hexen deathmatch on the Macs in the chemistry lab, 1996.

Getting a kill as a flying pig is an experience that can't be explained to someone else.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Old school: arcades as a kid and playing friends and fam in NHL on genesis.

Modern day: Fallout 3 SP and COD MP. I played old ass Fallout games a bit and the new 3D version was leagues better. Incredible game. I was never big into MP aside from dabbling with Unreal back around 2000 on PC. But when COD 4 launched, my MP gaming went through the roof.

Top Bottom