• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which game has had the best redemption? (Choose two options)

Best comeback

• Total voters

SoloCamo

Either 14 or 2077.

Did you mean a different Battlefield? I don’t remember a lot of grief over 4. Played the hell out of it for PS4’s launch.

Launch was pretty rough, but no where near as bad as the current 2042 which IMO definitely redeemed itself.

StueyDuck

Banned
Siege was bad on release?

It had server issues like most games but it was awesome from day one. Even the beta

Yonyx

Banned
If there are no more votes, we have a winner by just one vote difference:

1. No Man's Sky - Votes 74
2. Cyberpunk 2077 - Votes 73
3. Final Fantasy XIV - Votes 45

4. Halo. The Master Chief Collection - Votes 12
5. Sea of Thieves - Votes 10
6. Battlefield 4 - Votes 6
6. Driveclub - Votes 6
6. Fallout. New Vegas - Votes 6
9. Assassin's Creed Unity - Votes 5
10. Diablo III - Votes 4
10. Fortnite - Votes 4
12. Fallout 76 - Votes 3
12. Rainbow Six Siege - Votes 3
14. Destiny 2 - Votes 2
14. Star Wars Battlefront II - Votes 2
14. Street Fighter V - Votes 2

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Cyberpunk was amazing, the fans were hostile, things got hot and it was great to see it roll with phantom liberty.

Ribi

I was gnna say cyberpunk but cyberpunk wasn't bad at launch. It was only the last Gen console clowns who were the vocal minority saying the game was shit. Which it was, on xbone and PS4 but check the PC reviews, the game was good/great.

Did it get better? Yes, but people really thought the last Gen console people spoke for everyone when in reality PC was fine. Was it an ambitious promised game? No, but as a game it was good

Lupin25

It’s gotta be Cyberpunk & No Man’s Sky for the sheer amount of shit that unfolded afterwards for both games.

Overpromise & underdeliver to get preorders, knowing the product was shit… was as greedy as it gets. It was crazy to see Cyberpunk pulled from the PS store, coming from the same devs as The Witcher 3?

Insane.

A classic gaming moment to finish up a shit year for the real world, but an otherwise good year for gaming.

FFXIV is a great choice too. 10 years with Dawntrail on the way is a sight to behold.

Last edited:

DeepSpace5D

No Man’s Sky is the all time goat of redemptions. The amount of shit it got upon release compared to the praise it gets now everytime a new update gets put out is truly a sight to behold.

Ribi

It’s gotta be Cyberpunk & No Man’s Sky for the sheer amount of shit that unfolded afterwards for both games.

Overpromise & underdeliver to get preorders, knowing the product was shit… was as greedy as it gets. It was crazy to see Cyberpunk pulled from the PS store, coming from the same devs as The Witcher 3?

Insane.
It was pulled because fucking morons thought it was a good idea to buy it for PS4 then complain when it glitched out and ran like shit. Meanwhile PC was just fine.

Yonyx

Banned
It was pulled because fucking morons thought it was a good idea to buy it for PS4 then complain when it glitched out and ran like shit. Meanwhile PC was just fine.
Let's not disrespect the millions of people who bought the game on PS4 and Xbox One. Cyberpunk 2077 has been announced for your console for many years, you don't have a gaming PC (or it's not comfortable for you to play there), and when the game is released, you buy it (probably pre-ordered). What did that person do wrong?

Are they stupid for buying a game for their console? The last thing you're going to think is that this PS4/One game simply wasn't going to work on your PS4/One. That was unprecedented.

I bought the game on GOG and enjoyed it a lot at launch, but let's not defend historical screw-ups of companies that are indefensible.

Last edited:

Holammer

Cyberpunk, No Man's Sky and that one Final Fantasy MMO where they shit the bed are the only ones with a real redemption narrative IMO.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
No Man's Sky's redemption arc has been nothing short of spectacular.

In second place, I would say FFXIV, given how much a clusterf*ck that was at release.

Lupin25

Gotta be an opportunist. I guess the only geniuses were the people that were able to get a refund without giving up the game, knowing CDPR would eventually fix it.

Happened to a couple people I knew and it was basically a free game at the time, plus physical was dirt cheap once the game got taken down from PSN.

The Stig

cyberpunk 2077

I played it when it first came out, it ran like shit (though my comp cleared min. specs though not by a huge margin)

Built a new PC (in anticipation for starfield, no less!) and the cyberpunk 2.0 update came out and oh my god the game is FUCKING AWESOME.

Yonyx

Banned
I think this will be the last update:

1. Cyberpunk 2077 - Votes 110
2. No Man's Sky - Votes 101
3. Final Fantasy XIV - Votes 58

4. Halo. The Master Chief Collection - Votes 15
5. Sea of Thieves - Votes 13
6. Diablo III - Votes 10
6. Driveclub - Votes 10
8. Battlefield 4 - Votes 8
9. Fallout. New Vegas - Votes 7