• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the most reputable site/way to purchase quality kids' video game costumes?

poodaddy

Gold Member
So my daughter wants to dress as A.K.I. for Halloween this year, and I know that's still a ways off, but man she is pumped about it. She's scouring websites trying to find the costume, and some of these costumes vary wildly in price and reputation, and I don't want to potentially waste my money on an expensive costume that may never show up, based on some of these website reviews, which brings me to why I'm writing this thread. I figure some of you guys have got to know what the safest way of procuring quality costumes would be, as I imagine there's some people here who either are or were interested in cosplay.

So what do ya say fellas, where would you get a quality A.K.I. costume for a twelve year old girl?

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
So my daughter wants to dress as A.K.I. for Halloween this year, and I know that's still a ways off, but man she is pumped about it. She's scouring websites trying to find the costume, and some of these costumes vary wildly in price and reputation, and I don't want to potentially waste my money on an expensive costume that may never show up, based on some of these website reviews, which brings me to why I'm writing this thread. I figure some of you guys have got to know what the safest way of procuring quality costumes would be, as I imagine there's some people here who either are or were interested in cosplay.

So what do ya say fellas, where would you get a quality A.K.I. costume for a twelve year old girl?
My recommendation would be to peruse Etsy and find a seller/creator who has a lot of sales, a high rating, and great personal feedback.

I’ve personally had almost entirely positive experiences with people on Etsy, so long as you talk to them beforehand and be clear about exactly what you want. I’ve used Etsy artists many times for work.

Last edited:

poodaddy

Gold Member
My recommendation would be to peruse Etsy and find a seller/creator who has a lot of sales, a high rating, and great personal feedback.

I’ve personally had almost entirely positive experiences with people on Etsy, so long as you talk to them beforehand and be clear about exactly what you want. I’ve used Etsy artists many times for work.
Thanks man, I'll do that. Sorry it took so long to respond, got busy yesterday. Thanks again.

SScorpio

Be careful with Etsy, especially on the jewelry side of things it's all the cheap mass produced stuff you find on Aliexpress and the like. It's a major issue where the legit people can't compete as they need to charge materials and normal labor wages.

Top Bottom