• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's Your Favorite Discontinued Snack/Food?

Just like it says in the title. What are your favorite snacks/fast foods/drinks or candies that you can no longer get.

As a kid I was a huge fan of the Wendy's Superbar. It existed in the early to mid 90's and essentially for a flat fee you got access to a salad bar that also had chili and taco stuff. It was cheap, a great deal for the amount of food and good greasy garbage.

Also, I miss KFC before 2010 when it suddenly become totally inedible.

T8SC

Gold Member
raw-1188561644.jpg

• Strength
Reactions: INC

kunonabi

various cereals like Ghostbusters, Dunkin donuts, etc. but Bonkers fruit candy and Jingles Christmas cookies are probably the two big things.

Last edited:

Neil Young

Couldn't find pics but Taco Bell had a chicken Cesar salad wrap I thought was great and Carl's Jr had a chicken parm sandwich that came on toasted cheese bread. Easily one of the best sandwiches ever made. Of course they got rid of it...boo hoo.

HoodWinked

Gold Member
It's probably technically different because these were limited run flavors and not something that was discontinued.

large_a0ecc02c-9f09-41cb-aa74-09800f34f041.JPG
c46281edc9e0c9eaeb899d8692e495b3_large.png

BigBooper

Tom's Peanut Roll. It was a regional company in the southern US that was bought out in the 90s and seems to be dissolved now. I couldn't find any pictures of it, but it's much like other nut roll bars with creamy nougat, but they had the best balance of salty savory and sweet.

None of the other bars I've tried have been as good. I'm sure it's partly because I loved it and ate it as a child.

poodaddy

I don't know if it's technically discontinued, but I know I can't find a goddamn zagnut anywhere to save my life. Easily my favorite candy bar of all time.

Kayoba

images
marabou-non-stop.jpg

In early 2000's, Magnum also had a special "7 deadly sins"-campagin with each sin having their own flavor. The best one in my opinion was hands down gluttony. I couldn't find a picture of the ice cream itself since it's almost 20 years ago, but I found the promotional picture of the ice cream.

MCCI_05753_0041445A.JPG

Relativ9

Probably not discontinued worldwide but; variety of surgar-free monster energy drink flavours. I used to really like the purple and red ones, but now the only ones I can find here (currently live in Romania) are the white (which are okey) and black/blue ones (which ugh).

Tschumi

It's not discontinued, but even Australians don't know what Sherbies are these days. They're not in the standard Allen's stock pack it seems.

images

Also, not discontinued, but they don't have Candy Corn in Japan and i can't even.

Last edited by a moderator:

Breakage

What do you mean, no longer available :messenger_face_screaming:? It was one of the best things about going to the UK. Well, I guess that's what you get for the Brexit.
It's been unavailable here for almost 20 years. According to Wikipedia, it's still available in other parts of Europe. You can still get it via eBay, but local sweet shops and supermarkets no longer sell it.

Last edited:

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
These were 10x better than Hot Fries me and my cousin almost cried when we found out we couldn't eat them anymore

pw_23935_whethemotwas_16.png

Aforementioned PB Crisps.

Also Purplesaurus Rex Kool-Aid. They issued some Capri sun like drinks with the Purplesaurus Rex name this year but they were gross. Bring back the drink mix gawdammit </cartman>

Ar¢tos

Green+Sands.png

I think it still exists in some countries (probably just in name, not the same flavor), but it is no longer sold here because the distributor refused to pay the alcohol tax.

fatty

Taco Bell was dead to me when they discontinued the mexican pizza this year for "environmental reasons."

When my wife and I were first dating she worked at Taco Bell and the Mexican Pizza and Meximelt were the two items she made for me that I really enjoyed.

Fast forward about 25 years and I had to get the Mexican pizza about a month ago for nostalgia’s sake one last time. Looks like now they are both gone.

Just as long as they still keep the bean and cheesy rice burrito.

Top Bottom