• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When are ATI's next vid cards coming out?

Ark-AMN

Banned
I've been saying how I want to buy a new computer soon, and I just wanna know if anyone has an idea when ATI will release the next vid card series. Right now, the X850 PT still is the top of what they have to offer, but I'm guessing it won't be for much longer.

Culex

Banned
The R520 should be out by the end of next month, early October. I think the official NDA is cut off on the 27th of this month, too.

marsomega

R520 XL is will be the first one out in September. The R520 XT and Crossfire will be out in November. The other lower skus are comming out in September too. At least those are the current dates going around.

rainer516

That crazy Japanese Moon Language
Are those the true next gen video cards or would I wait more for a true jump (think 9800 to x800 style jump).

marsomega

rainer516 said:
Are those the true next gen video cards or would I wait more for a true jump (think 9800 to x800 style jump).

Should be, R520 is supposed to be a monster. Even NVIDiot sites expect it to be nothing but a killer. Thats why they're all marching to the toon of NVIDIA having a 7800 Ultra as a secret weapon waiting.

Top Bottom