• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When Embark Studios The Finals becomes a hit, will we still have to hear about "luck"?

When The Finals goes big time, will you reassess how predictable GAAS success is?

• I've always thought GAAS success was relatively predictable. OP, I'm on your side.

• If The Finals hits like OP is saying, I'll have to reconsider my position on GAAS.

• It's all random, and The Finals becoming a hit won't mean anything to me. It's still luck.

• The Finals won't hit big. I'm relatively certain of that.

Results are only viewable after voting.

acidagfc

One game being good does not mean GAAS is good.

There some great and long lasting gaas projects out there, but they are relatively small.

For example, Path of Exile is a great F2P ARPG, it is leagues beyond in quality and quantity to, say, Diablo 4, but the player numbers are also way-way lower. It hits about 150k players at peak releases, tapering to about 30-50k core playerbase over the span of each season.

If this is enough for the developers to live from - great, the game found its niche, players can be happy.

However, most gaas titles are aimed at having millions of players, which they cannot reach and then they flop.

I would love to have a good arena shooter, handled by a competent and passionate dev and not run by EA-style execs. Will this one be that - time will tell.

Top Bottom