• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When PS5 Slim console????

When would they even announce this revised PS5? After Spider-Man 2 is out? Or does that not matter since all the limited edition bundles seem to be sold out?

The „slim“ ps5 will probably be introduced at the next state of play in a few days.Will probably be a bit smaller, lighter maybe a few design changes nothing major I would think.PS5 Pro next November 2024

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Tom Henderson is the one that "leaked" this, right? And it was supposed to be out this year?

If this doesn't end up being true, his "leak" about the PS5 Pro is in question as well.

Tom Henderson is the one that "leaked" this, right? And it was supposed to be out this year?

If this doesn't end up being true, his "leak" about the PS5 Pro is in question as well.
It should be out this year most likely, since Sony is trying to clear stock like mad via big discounts on the disc model across EU, UK and US.

Last edited:

Dodo123

It should be released this year, when you look at the schedule of PlayStation's previous Slim releases.
On the other hand, it might be delayed till next year, since this gen was very unique, due to chip shortages and the cross gen era

We were joking, OP. You didn't have to change your profile picture lol.

e7msthS.png
8EoLxYu.png

I still find it weird that the Spiderman/PS5 bundle doesn't contain this new version (if it exists). Makes me think it's less likely to come out anytime soon, especially given the "at expectation" sales from last quarter. .

Perhaps after the holiday rush to move existing units.

LordOfChaos

Hello everyone!!! I don't want to buy a PS5 console. I am interested in the PS5 Slim console.

The thing coming isn't really a slim, just a new unified chassis. It's 5cm shorter and that's it, pretty much the same thiccness comparing like for like either with or without the disk drive. Sony never called it a Slim, actually they've never mentioned it, people just ass-umed because that's what generally happens 3 years into a PS life but die shrinks aren't what they used to be.

Last edited:
if we're lucky it could be out this month. i think the PS4 Slim was revealed and released in September 2016.

but it could be next year.

i'm waiting on a PS5 "Slim" before buying a PS5 too.

Zuzu

Apparently there’s a redesigned console that will be 5cm shorter I believe coming out towards the end of the year. As for a true slim that’s way smaller than the current PS5? Nobody knows but if it ever gets released it probably won’t be until 2025 at the earliest I’d say.

Last edited:

BlackTron

If they do the rumored revised version of the PS5 soon, it's extremely unlikely that we will get a slim at all.

I'm still waiting for the Slim. If it never comes out, I may pass on current gen entirely.
I only want a PS5 for VII Rebirth, GTA VI, and Persona 6 :messenger_tears_of_joy: All 3 of those will come to PC at some point so I don't really need a PS5 but it'd be nice to play them as early as possible. I'm not buying the current PS5 and it would be even more of a waste of money to buy a PS5 Pro if that exists next year. If we don't get a "Slim" then I'll probably just skip it and hope that Persona 6 is long enough away for next gen. If not then I'd grab a cheap second hand PS5 to play it then sell it once I'm done.

Top Bottom