• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where can you buy Steam Gift Cards without a price hike these days?

JCK75

I got my son a Steam Deck for Christmas, and while I'm going to just end up buying him some games straight up, I'd also like to give him a few gift cards he can use freely..
on Amazon a $20 card is like $35.. I checked my Walmart and local groceries and of course nobody carries them.

I did not check gamestop yet, do they usually have them?

if not I may have to drive 45 mins to a best buy.

Schmick

I got my son a Steam Deck for Christmas, and while I'm going to just end up buying him some games straight up, I'd also like to give him a few gift cards he can use freely..
on Amazon a $20 card is like $35.. I checked my Walmart and local groceries and of course nobody carries them.

I did not check gamestop yet, do they usually have them?

if not I may have to drive 45 mins to a best buy.
In case you are not aware... and looking for discounted games. Check out gg.deal.

Cheaper to buy games than cards. Cards are more expensive because they are used as gifts physical/digital. So if you want to be cheap, the only way is to just buy the game. No other way unless theres some deals on amazon or other gray market sites.

Gamestop is your answer. They have $20 or $50 amounts.

Sign up for the pro membership for $20 and get a decent game magazine for a year and each month you get $5 which you can use on a Steam card . That's what I do and get a $20 card for $15 . Keeps my Steam balance in decent shape.

MarkMe2525

Cheaper to buy games than cards. Cards are more expensive because they are used as gifts physical/digital. So if you want to be cheap, the only way is to just buy the game. No other way unless theres some deals on amazon or other gray market sites.
??? Gift cards are not sold with a premium attached when buying from an authorized retailer. A $20 gift card is $20.

graywolf323

Target has B1G1 15% off on game cards today include Steam, though for some reason none of the Targets here in Richmond, VA have any Steam cards on the shelves :messenger_unamused:

MarkMe2525

Depends on the retailer but sure maybe amazon itself does not, but third party do. 100%.
As I said, any "authorized" retailer does not. I can only speak for the United States, but any major retailer sells gift cards, and never at a premium. I imagine if you are buying from Dick Charlie Amazon seller extraordinar, he might charge you a little more, but I would never buy from an unauthorized seller due to so many gift card scams.

AdamTank83

Neo Member
Sams club you can buy physical cards with no mark up, maybe a dollar or off off, also, gamestop for digital cards

Top Bottom