• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where do we go from here PlayStation Nation?

SJRB

Gold Member
If any of you feel like you will be missing out......my advice would be to purchase an Xbox.
34mvav.jpg

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
lol I stopped being a PS fan a long time ago so this only pleases me. Feel bad for my fellow blue rats though. You guys have had a rough few years.

Hopefully this will light a fire under Sony's ass and they will go back to the PS3 era Sony and just focus on creating the best next gen games possible. I was only a casual Sony fan in the PS2 era but once I saw Uncharted, KZ2, Infamous and GOW3 running on the PS3, I became a full air-conditioner.

So there is hope, but Jimbo has to go. Releasing three cross gen games this year, no next gen only first party games, and only 1 next year is NOT the way to win hearts and minds, let alone wars against Microsoft. Hopefully, this brings about a shakeup at Sony.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
PlayStation owners won't lose anything imo, but if you're in the Xbox ecosystem you just have a lot more value adds. For most of us, it's a case of will you also own an Xbox because I'm not going to give up things like Forbidden West, God of War and Naughty Dog etc. but Microsoft has brought me on board so I got an xbox this generation as well.

Lunarorbit

Too vague.

Could just mean they'll continue to support games that are already available like Warzone.
Yeah ms is just going full fuck you mode on ps. I don't care at all about Activision but Sony loses hundreds of millions or a billion dollars by this move. They can't respond in kind cause they only have $50 billion in capital total.

It's a pathetic move on MS part but a sensible business deal. This absolutely shits all over any psvr2, horizon, or Spartacus news that was gonna come out in the next few weeks

Yeah ms is just going full fuck you mode on ps. I don't care at all about Activision but Sony loses hundreds of millions or a billion dollars by this move. They can't respond in kind cause they only have $50 billion in capital total.

It's a pathetic move on MS part but a sensible business deal. This absolutely shits all over any psvr2, horizon, or Spartacus news that was gonna come out in the next few weeks

Stop whining.

hope that Sony starts buying but let's face it...even if sony go crazy splashing out there's no way they will be able to match MS. i mean just for starters Sony is gonna need to spend $77b just to catch up and that's almost half of their entire worth lol. they'd need to go after square/capcom. they can't afford EA or T2.

the entire gaming market has just been turned upside down and this is a huge blow to sony. there's no way you can ignore xbox anymore. there's an insane amount of value in it now. exclusive games like fallout, elder scrolls, starfield, doom, wolfenstein, warcaft, diablo, call of duty, overwatch, crash bandicoot, spyro, tony hawks, etc.

or just have faith that the games/studios Sony has at the moment will be enough. if you like PS exclusives then keep buying them.

Last edited:

Roxkis_ii

Man, more then anything, this news is going to make it suck to be a PS fan around here. It's already a ton of people making dumb ass post about Sony's gamepass and how thy have to day and date.

I might just log off neogaf for a while.

Banjo64

cumsessed
We're fucked lads. At this point nothing is off the table. EA, Take-Two, Square, Sega, hell even Nintendo probably isn't safe.

I've done my best to support Jim through these difficult times but It's clear Uncle Phil isn't just out for blood. I refuse to be in the cross-fire. It's time for me to retire from the PlayStation Nation

Godspeed
Just buy a £250 Series S man, it’s pocket change :messenger_tears_of_joy: keep enjoying your PS5 too.

Man, more then anything, this news is going to make it suck to be a PS fan around here. It's already a ton of people making dumb ass post about Sony's gamepass and how thy have to day and date.

I might just log off neogaf for a while.
the times are a changing.

it's sucked being an xbox fan on here.

(i don't own an xbox so don't get mad at me lol)

Last edited:

Spacefish

Ubisoft is next, they are in pretty much the same position as activision was. If Sony don't move on it then MS will. Ultimately this is all going to crash and burn and it will take the entire western AAA industry with it, I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

THEAP99

Banned
I bought an Xbox, I have both so oh well. Imo Sony long-term is looking rough. They'll probably just double down on quality over quantity.

Gloomnivore

Whatever Spartacus was intended to be, it now needs to be considerably better than that. Whatever PSVR2 was intended to cost, it now needs to cost considerably less than that.

This news won’t mean a thing to Nintendo. Sony now has to find a way for it to not mean a thing to them. But for PlayStation gamers who live off Call of Duty, it’s over.

Last edited:

ButchCat

Sony definitely made some wrong decisions in the last few years:
- alienated Japanese players (some of which have switched to... Switch)
- alienated people who buy Sony consoles strictly for their exclusives (this is still a work in progress ;)
- pissed off EU players with the price hike on the first party games and this happened at the same time when their main competitor was pushing a cheap subscription service
- didn't respond to Microsoft's earlier studio purchases, I get it they can't spend more than a few billion, but they should've tried some acquisitions among middle size studios

I'll be a multiconsole owner so it doesn't affect me, but for someone not after Sony games and their ecosystem Microsoft is becoming a much better choice. Ryan is a very poor boss, I'm surprised he wasn't let go yet.

The thing is that by releasing their biggest games on PC and planning to release more Sony is sabotaging themselves in terms of potentially becoming the next Nintendo. If you have a PC and you're not in a rush you can just wait for the PC ports.
I agree, not that becoming Nintendo no. 2 is a good thing for them. I genuinely believe Sony is in a testing phase and realize that structurally they are very quickly becoming a dinosaur but haven't cemented any real long-term goals yet in other words they are clueless and it might be because they don't have the M$.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Honestly I don't think anything of value was lost for the sonybros.

Edit: gotta admit tho, reading that "We welcome Crash Bandicoot into the Microsoft family" was kinda weird.

Last edited:

MadPanda

Banned
Is is that difficult to buy another console? In the last gen I've owned both Xbox and PlayStation and I plan to do the same in this gen. Not going to buy them at the same time, but some two years after buying the first one. Consoles will be on sale, they'll be some used console deals etc. Don't understand why making a fuss about it? These are fun times to watch all the reactions but at the ond of the day it shouldn't be a big deal unless you're some die hard fanboy.

T-Cake

The most financially-friendly advice = get an Xbox Series S. Start doing the Microsoft Rewards quests on it and never have to pay for Game Pass at all! It's a no-brainer.

Top Bottom