• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which Matrix game did you like the most?

Which Matrix game you liked more?

• Total voters
EIR5p4b.jpg

55L4FtO.jpg

I had a lot of fun with both of them, each one has its qualities and defects.

I really enjoy the combat of Enter the matrix, especially the counters, and the shooting parts are also good.

Path of neo has all the memorable parts of the trilogy, like the part of the burly braw and etc ... Combat is good, grabbing multiple enemies is fun, but the shooting parts are not very good imo

It ends up making it difficult to choose the best, imo!

ps1: I will not include matrix online because only a few people played...

ps2: Don't be a troll with comments like "both sux" and things like that, this thread is for those who enjoyed the games, so if you didn't like, do not waste your time here!

Thanks, sorry my poor English, and Vote! (Justify your vote will make the thread even better)

Max Payne kung fu mod

but rly Enter the Matrix

Fun fact, i was part of the team who made some "famous" Max Payne mods, including Matrix revolutions and the mentioned Kung fu mod! :)

But i loved enter the matrix because was easy change the skins on the game files, so i played as Trinity all the time... Only possible on pc tho.

But i have both retail for ps2 on my collection.

Last edited:
Looooooved Enter the Matrix; never played Path of Neo. I haven't enjoyed hand to hand combat on any other game as much as EtM. Wish it were still playable/available on PC.

I did play a little bit of the Kung Fu mod for Max Payne, but found the controls really odd so I gave up on it. I'll give it another go someday.

buenoblue

I loved both games back in the day. Voted for neo though, playing through the movie scenes was great. Wish we had more big budget movie games with today's graphics.

What's the best way to play theses nowadays? I don't have a ps2 but could emulate them, or are the pc ports better? I tried path of neo on pc years ago with a 360 controller and the control's weren't great, any way to remap them?

Last edited:
I loved both games back in the day. Voted for neo though, playing through the movie scenes was great. Wish we had more big budget movie games with today's graphics.

What's the best way to play theses nowadays? I don't have a ps2 but could emulate them, or are the pc ports better? I tried path of neo on pc years ago with a 360 controller and the control's weren't great, any way to remap them?

If the ps2 emulator boost the fps, so its the best way to go. Path of neo has a bad frame rate in some sections.

Xbox original is way better than ps2 tho...

Pc version never had issues, at least with Enter the matrix.

About the pc controls, theres a lot of softwares that u can change everything...try joytokey

Last edited:

Trunim

I remember playing some Enter the Matrix on Gamecube, can't remember that much. Path of Neo was one hell of a trip on pc though. One of the weirdest games for me back in the days, but fun and engaging fighting. Gotta go with that one.

Last edited:

LRKD

I loved Enter the Matrix, played the hell out of it on the GameCube. I must’ve played that airport level a hundred times.

Not gonna lie never really watched the movies past the first, and I don’t even really remember that one... so the story was confusing and I didn’t really pay it any attention. But I do remember thinking how fucking crazy weird it was fighting vampires And stabbing them with stakes! So weird, but so cool!

I’ve only played a little of Path of Neo on the Xbox, and didn’t care much for it. But I don’t think I really gave it a fair shot. Someday I gotta replay enter the matrix, and then give Path of Neo a real playthough afterwards. Although I suppose I should probably watch all the movies before that lol!

Trunim

Any similar games to this by the way? I want to play again but maybe something more modern. I hate hack n' slash though, which is a bit similar. Maybe.

Last edited:

OneBigPuss

Enter the matrix run animation is burned into my mind.It was ok but I had problems with freezes and resets back in the day on pc.I only played Path of Neo few years ago but stopped maybe halfway through.I still have it installed so maybe will finish it before new year because of this thread.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
I only played enter the matrix and it was nice.
You didn't miss much I loved enter the matrix and tried Path of Neo and hated it.

I liked enter the matrix combat system so much that I exceeded the RAM on my gamecube and had to restart it (it may not have been the RAM maybe too many weapons on the floor but I had a black screen and an error message sadly I was young and didn't speak english at the time so I can't exactly remember what it said)

Saints Row 4 lul

I like Path of Neo more. Except for that intro it's genuinely good.
Enter the Matrix has better shooting but worse everything else. However, it also has this:

I really hope Monolith is working on a Matrix game.
Still waiting for LEGO Matrix...

x6iylP7.jpg

Thanks so much for posting this thread

I've actually been thinking about this lately because WB Games published both Cyberpunk 2077 and Hitman 3...and of course finally announced Harry Potter, Gotham Knights, and Suicide Squad!

A great time to make a new Matrix game to go along with Matrix 4 right?

Can you guys imagine how amazing it would be if they took what they did with Shadow of Mordor, Mad Max, and Arkham Knight and just ctrl+c ,ctrl+p on a new Matrix game? It would be amazing right?!!

Last edited:
Thanks so much for posting this

I've actually been thinking about this lately because WB Games published both Cyberpunk 2077 and Hitman 3...and of course finally announced Harry Potter, Gotham Knights, and Suicide Squad!

A great time to make a new Matrix game to go along with Matrix 4 right?

Can you guys imagine how amazing it would be if they took what they did with Shadow of Mordor, Mad Max, and Arkham Knight and just ctrl+c ,ctrl+p on a new Matrix game? It would be amazing right?!!

I think Matrix universe needs something new, the combat on those games u mentioned are weak imo. Even Enter the Matrix and Path of Neo are more deep in that aspect...

I think Matrix universe needs something new, the combat on those games u mentioned are weak imo. Even Enter the Matrix and Path of Neo are more deep in that aspect...

I would be happy to get something new too! That would be cool

I was just pointing out how easy it would be for Warner Bro Games to make a new game since Matrix 4 is coming out next year and they have many game projects going

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Enter the Matrix was so goo. Many memories of that game. I still remember some of the exact missions too.

AllyITA

at that time movie tie ins were terrible, so i haven't played any of them.

(yes i know, from the reviews of the time enter the matrix was at least decent)

makaveli60

I really liked Enter The Matrix, unfortunately missed Path of Neo, and later when I tried to play it felt dated. Props to the Kung-Fu mod for Max Payne, that was awesome. A Path of Neo-like game (remake) would be awesome with today's technology.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I liked Enter The Matrix, played it in 1080i mode on the OG Xbox. It was a great complement to the movies and filled in a lot of small details.

Codes 208

I liked path of Neo, it was buggy AF without a doubt on Xbox but the alternate ending was still much better than the actual movie, plus how many games has a highlight reel for glitches in the game itself? It reminded me of those outtake specials you used to see in Pixar movies.

Dazraell

I have a lot of fond memories of playing Enter the Matrix as a kid. Not sure if it would hold up after so many years, but it was really something special at that time.

Trilobit

The Matrix Flash game

uIjSYak.png

I played this so much during high school between studying. Had quite advanced controls and moves for such a little game. Felt really cool when you had maximum number of enemies.

I would be happy to get something new too! That would be cool

I was just pointing out how easy it would be for Warner Bro Games to make a new game since Matrix 4 is coming out next year and they have many game projects going
Man, same here! When they revealed Matrix 4, immediately i thought: A NEW GAME, IT CAN HAPPEN!

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Path of neo should have been better. Enter the Matrix was a neat little game that I played through a few times just because it was fun to run off walls.

S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
Path of Neo was my favourite. I enjoyed playing Enter the Matrix on GameCube, but playing as Neo is what I really wanted. I love how they tied it in to the movie as well, it was very well done. You get to play many of the classic action scenes you love from the film.

Top Bottom