• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which member had the best exit on GAF Or: A Very Happy GAF History Lesson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
elrechazao said:
RiskyChris has to be up there too .... months and months of white knighting, before a total meltdown of white hot knighting....

This is what I came in to post. I really didn't like that guy and after he got banned that thread was practically a celebration.

DKehoe

So what did Kittonwy get banned for?I miss being able to see everyones post histories so I could see what people got banned for.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Amir0x said:
Fun Fact: Kittonwy had an alt account named MalboroRed he was posting on that was only a few days ago also banned!

What was Kitton originally banned for?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
DKehoe said:
So what did Kittonwy get banned for?I miss being able to see everyones post histories so I could see what people got banned for.

I think it happened in a thread on the gaming side that resulted in a lot of bans, specifically some posters notorious for being fanboys. It was some thread about Kinect that turned into a PS3 vs. 360 war. If I remember right, that was the thread that tarnished my perfect record. I got caught in the cross fire.

Esch

Banned
Dyack. That shit was legendary and happened somewhere around the same time i got onto this site. A true story of GAF>Internet>GAF.

Drinky Crow was fantastic, in fact he was about as much of a troll as that PC-centric guy with the fish avatar that says "i like you"

BlackStallion
peepedit20ze.jpg

RIP

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Socreges said:
olimario

Are you guys so green that you weren't even here to witness it?

I really wonder whatever happened to the guy.
i remember the guy. i don't remember the incident.

i believe the wang flashing was done on opa-ages, not neogaf... so what caused his departure here?

DKehoe

EschatonDX said:
Drinky Crow was fantastic, in fact he was about as much of a troll as that PC-centric guy with the fish avatar that says "i like you"
Sure you aren't just getting tricked by his tag?

itxaka

Defeatist
I vote Himuro.

Not only because you never get mad over someone talking about her boobs, but especially for the crazy outburst out of fucking nowhere. He fucking snapped like a crazy guy and started with insults.

reading his other posts I would have never thought he could go crazy, he seemed normal.

FLEABttn

Banned
Zeliard said:
Segata's thing was also clearly a culmination. He just become fed up and the DKC thing was the straw that broke the camel's back.

A culmination of what? Losing his shit when people didn't agree with him?

---

My favorite that I've witnessed was RiskyChris, and this is partly because I've seen his shenanigans elsewhere.

Snuggler said:
I think it happened in a thread on the gaming side that resulted in a lot of bans, specifically some posters notorious for being fanboys. It was some thread about Kinect that turned into a PS3 vs. 360 war. If I remember right, that was the thread that tarnished my perfect record. I got caught in the cross fire.
It was a thread on Gaming side and he posted a seizure like pic, unless he came back and got banned already.

itxaka said:
I vote Himuro.

Not only because you never get mad over someone talking about her boobs, but especially for the crazy outburst out of fucking nowhere. He fucking snapped like a crazy guy and started with insults.

reading his other posts I would have never thought he could go crazy, he seemed normal.
It was account suicide.

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
EschatonDX said:

They both live, which kind of provides some telling insight into the state of things on the gaming side.

Segata's exit was just fucking pathetic. I hadn't read much of his stuff pre-implosion but if that's how seriously he took gaming then he needed to go, for his own health.

Zeliard

FLEABttn said:
A culmination of what? Losing his shit when people didn't agree with him?

I'm just saying that it seemed he simply wanted out and ultimately used the DKC thing as a way to do it.

Esch

Banned
cmon, you seriously cannot be upset about somebody peeing on a physical printing of your avatar

i seriously dont get it

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Amir0x said:
Fun Fact: Kittonwy had an alt account named MalboroRed he was posting on that was only a few days ago also banned!
Do you ip check for every user? or MalboroRed also used the Kittonwy emoticons?

(Waits for Amir0x to find out that .. I WAS EVILORE ALL ALONG!)

dojokun

Banned
EschatonDX said:
cmon, you seriously cannot be upset about somebody peeing on a physical printing of your avatar

i seriously dont get it
I would laugh at the fact that someone I don't even know got mad at me on the internet, bothered to print out my avatar, bothered to take it to the bathroom and put it in the toilet, bothered to take out his camera, bothered to coordinate taking a picture while aiming his urine stream, and bothered to upload the pic the internet and then link it. On top of that, he also has to deal with either reaching into the toilet to pull out the picture, or possible clogging of his toilet. All over me.

Hixx

corkscrewblow said:
I miss TheGreatDave :(

Eh? When did he get banned, sure I saw him post only a day or two ago

JBaird topic is probably the only big ban topic I'd bothered to read through, so I would say him.

Crushed is probably the only banned member I 'miss' though, don't think I'd started posting till after he had been banned though.

wow when i think about it it seems like I always miss these things. The only funny one I really remember is Wii Will Rock U's viral campaign ban back when i was a lurker.

Wanace

EschatonDX said:

i seriously dont get it

Hi blame space! No capitalization and punctuation, blame space hallmarks!

;)

JBaird was definitely epic, although there have been some others that have been good as well, such as RiskyChris.

Forkball

It's funny that so many people here are mentioning olimario. I wasn't on GAF at the time the incident happened, but I used to post on IGN and he was infamous there as well. That guy just causes problems wherever he goes.

Anyways, my favorite is Wii Will Rock U. For those who don't know, he posted a few threads about a twitter account that was "Professor Layton," supposedly viral marketing from Nintendo for the new Layton game. When he posted about the Layton twitter, a few people found it amusing, but no one really cared (except IGN, who wrote a story about it thinking the account was real). There was another topic or two about it, and then GDJustin posted that it wasn't officially sanctioned by Nintendo. End of story right? Nope, grandjedi6's amazing memory outs Wii Will Rock U as the creator, which explained why he was so passionate about it and posted threads. Eventually he realizes that what he did is worth a perma, and literally BEGS for his account while everyone makes fun of him. His hubris led to his downfall, it's like a Greek tragedy (but more hilarious).

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
EschatonDX said:

i seriously dont get it

yeah because that's normal..

Esch

Banned
Blackace said:
yeah because that's normal..

GAF isn't normal, lol. I think it was kinda funny, but that's just my sense of humor.

Cryptozoologist said:
Hi blame space! No capitalization and punctuation, blame space hallmarks!

;).

We do have something of a similar posting style, i guess

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
EschatonDX said:
GAF isn't normal, lol.

We try to keep as normal as it can be kept... and peeing/jizzing on printed pics of people avatars doesn't fly here.. I am sure he took his talents to other places...

genjiZERO

EschatonDX said:
Dyack. That shit was legendary and happened somewhere around the same time i got onto this site. A true story of GAF>Internet>GAF.

He's not banned...

speaking of which . . . what was that one where he called out some girl as being Brooke from theGIA? She was trying to get a free PSP for showing her tits or something like that. If that was actually Brooke - damn she fucking sucked and killed Double Agent too. After her, it was never the same again...

I'd like to think that I'd go out in a blaze of glory, but then I remember that such a thing would be really juvenile, so my exit from this place will probably be a Segata-esque anticlimax at the end of a long period of boredom with the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom