• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which Nintendo designer do you want to see make a game?

Jubenhimer

With Nintendo placing a much bigger emphasis on it's creators than ever before, which designer at the company do you think should create and or direct a game? If there's one Nintendo designer I feel should get a shot at making a game, it's Ko Takeuchi

180px-Ko_Takeuchi.jpg

Ko is one of Nintendo's more underrated employees. Joining the company in 2000, he began working at Yoshio Sakamoto's R&D 1 studio, before being re-assigned to Software Group 1 of Nintendo's now defunct SPD division. His biggest claim to fame is the WarioWare and Rhythm Heaven games, where he serves as lead character designer, known for his thick outlines and simple designs.

Outside Nintendo, Ko also runs Kokosac, his own personal artist for hire company, where he's particularly famous online for his fan art of various characters in pop culture and memes.

Considering he's played a major force in two of Nintendo's most cult favorite series for years, I'd like to see him try and pitch a game of his own. Aside from character designs. He served as assistant Director for a Hamtaro game on the Game Boy Color alongside Sakamoto, and is even credited for game design on the a few of the WarioWare games as well. So it'd be interesting to see him direct a game on his own. Considering his work, I'm sure he could come up with something cool and innovative.

I didn't know he was a Nintendo employee, thought he was merely a freelance illustrator

Was Koizumi a designer? His track record was solid af, I think he's the best proof Nintendo can always make their long-running franchises(ex Mario and Zelda) feel always fresh and interesting

Jubenhimer

Was Koizumi a designer? His track record was solid af, I think he's the best proof Nintendo can always make their long-running franchises(ex Mario and Zelda) feel always fresh and interesting

Yes, Koizumi began doing artwork for Zelda manuals before working on Link's Awakening, and eventually served as a Assistant Director and 3D Animator on Super Mario 64.

t1gerjaw

I just want Aonuma to make his own IP.
Yes, I know Nintendo wants him to do it, but god knows when this will happen.

Top Bottom