• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which recent videogame TV show was your favorite?

Which was your favorite?

• Total voters

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
There has been a flurry of videogame IP TV shows over the past 5 years or so. Some of them are actually good too. Which do you think is the best? If the ones Ive watched I gotta go with Edgerunners. It’s so good. TLOU I actually like more as a TV show than a videogame. Fallout is quite good and has a 10/10 cast. Witcher season 1 was good. Twisted Metal was watchable but might as well have not been tied to the IP.

Thoughts?

Banjo64

cumsessed
Not seen cyberpunk but TLoU is the only one resembling a ‘good’ TV show. The only issue is, is that I know where it’s heading.

reinking

Gold Member
1. Arcane
2. TLOU
3. Halo (don't hate, I liked it, even the first season. :messenger_sunglasses: )

I have been entertained from all of the shows I have watched, which are all but Cuphead and Cyberpunk.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
FUxMkHOX0AAzF2p.jpg

I even go as far as say i like this more than the actual game.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I enjoyed Edgerunners and I didn't even play the game until much later. Nice characters and nice use of the setting.

Castlevania started alright but I ended up growing bored of it, don't even remember how it ended.

Witcher had a nice first episode but I think that's all I liked about it lol.

I still want to watch Arcane, haven't had the time but some friends really like it so I want to give it a chance.

Don't care about the rest, so I voted for Edgerunners.

hinch7

Edgerunners is astoundingly good. For an adaptation and original story based upon the video and board game, its definately set the bar. Original characters, story and arc well done and adds to the backstory and lore to CP2077. The OST is oh so memorable too.

The rest are okay or meh adaptations based on the origional stories. None really go out their way to properly adapt, add or improve on the origional material.

Last edited:

Diddy X

Maybe I'm biased for being a gamer but I find fallout to be easily more entertaining than series like Breaking bad or Sons of anarchy which are supposed to be top-tier.

Last edited:

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
I could say Last of Us, but it's unfair since the game was directed with movie soul, and the show is basically 1:1 to the game

Durin

Neo Member
Pretty much just Cyberpunk Edgerunners, Arcane and Castlevania (Nocturne was a downgrade though).

The Last of Us maybe as well, but given how Naughty Dog games are designed to be so cinematic feels needless.

I'd honestly prefer if more video game adaptations were animated, the conversion just works better than the compromises made to work with live-action.

Fbh

Edge Runners and Arcane are S tier.
Really fun adaptations with compelling stories, fun characters and great visuals. Maybe more importantly, they tell fun new stories that are complementary to the games and don't just feel like retreating familiar ground.

Castlevania S1-2 are A tier.
Awesome adaptation with nice pacing and visuals. Never really liked the voice acting that much, and it focused on a familiar story, but overall really good. The other seasons are like C tier.

TLOU is B tier
It had solid production values and acting but it's just the same story and IMO the game is a much better way to experience it. I don't really feel I gained anything by watching the show

Twisted Metal was C tier:
Way better than I expected it to be, but still nothing special. A sort of fun "time waster" show not one you'll remember for long.

Halo was D or F.
Only saw S1, but there's like 3 episodes worth of decent content in a 9 episodes season.

Haven't seen the rest. I've watched 2 episodes of Fallout though and it's pretty fun so far.

Robb

Gold Member
Out of the ones I’ve seen I’d have to go with TLoU. But that doesn’t really say much as I couldn’t even be bothered to finish it.

RickSanchez

For me, the ranking is as follows:

S tier: Cyberpunk Edgerunners, Arcane

A tier: TLOU, Fallout

<nothing in between>

Trash tier: Witcher, Halo

I have not seen the rest mentioned here.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Arcane is the very easy choice for me here. I'd go so far as to say it's one of my favorite shows released in the last five years period, and I don't know the first thing about LoL besides it's a MOBA.

I haven’t watched halo but it looked horrendous to me. Like beyond bad.

Fallout and Last of Us are the best video game adaptations I’ve seen, film or TV.

I don’t really care for animated stuff so that’s not really on my radar

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I voted Witcher, but does it really count considering that is an adaptation of the books rather than the video game series?

nial

Gold Member
My bias for Castlevania keeps me from stating that Cyberpunk is number 1.

I voted Castlevania.

Also OP are you only counting western-directed works?

None of the Capcom, Namco, and Square Enix anime are here.
Edgerunners is there, so obviously not. It's just that almost no one here knows about all those works, lol.

Kupfer

CP2077 Edgerunners here.
Fallout was brainless fun to watch, but Edgerunners was just too good and cause emotions.
I have not and will not watch TLOU. While the other two series mentioned build on and expand the universe, TLoU is supposed to tell me a story that I have already played through and experienced several times - and with different actors. I've spent over 100 hours with THE Ellie and THE Joel and the other characters, so a recast doesn't fit into the picture for me.
I have absolutely no need for that.
Witcher S01 was crap, didn't watch the others.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I haven’t finished an episode of any of them.

Nothing to do with their quality. It’s just hard to find time to watch new stuff when I can watch Seinfeld, the Sopranos, Friends, the shield, breaking bad or the wire; for the 100th time.

Last edited:

Warablo

Fallout is more fun than TLOU, Cyberpunk Edgerunners was the best.

The Witcher could have been great.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Loved The Witcher. Also enjoyed Arcane. Did not care for TLOU. Still have to watch Edgerunners. Really looking forward to Fallout.

Mr Moose

Probably Witcher, though if Fallout is good maybe that, I've only watched half of the first episode. I thought Edgerunner was shit, TLoU had like 2 good episodes and I didn't even know there was a Cuphead TV show. I want to watch Twisted Metal but not getting a new sub for it.

kiphalfton

Nobody has said onimusha. So I'm guessing the reviews are true, that's it's mediocre.

There goes another chance for the series to be remade/rebooted

Top Bottom