• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which WWII game is better ? hell let loose vs post scriptum or red orchestra 2

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Seeing the Steam offers and there are exclusives PC Games,

I came across these war games. I'm looking for a game that can control the Germans.

-Have a story mode

-A better online experience

-Best Vehicles

- Best action

- Best sound

Hell Let Loose

9dde10f7-a299-467d-af19-6cebc0695903.jpeg

Post Scriptum
post-scriptum-uncut-wallpaper-3.jpg

Red Orchestra 2 Heroes of Stalingrad
red_orchestra_heroes_of_stalingrad-1772306.jpg

Last edited:

OutRun88

I’ve recently picked up Hell Let Loose and have logged about 40-60 hours in it.

It doesn’t have a single player mode, but I believe it checks the boxes for your other criteria. It’s currently my favorite shooter.

I can’t speak for the other games.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I liked Red Orchestra 2, but based upon the games you listed: that’s the only one I have experienced. The authentic sounds of national anthems and the running around in abandoned buildings with a single shot rifle were the highlights for me. Other than that CoD:WW2 was really good.

I think RO2 is the only one you listed with a single player mode. It's not very scripted and action packed, but I think that actually adds to replay ability. I think it will suit your needs perfectly for what you've described. It's a great game and for my money has the most satisfying ballistics of any WWII game ever. Very methodical. Running and gunning just isn't possible.

Last edited:

Shifty1897

Its very loosely based on WWII but I LOOOOVE Valkyria Chronicles series.
SWqlUFdpiMfotek6sLlwaS4ZT7lmoiX_ohllNaRO64g.jpg
Valkyria Chronicles is one of my favorite series of all time. I finished the original again yesterday because I got VC4 on Steam sale and wanted to refresh myself on the story before diving in.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Its very loosely based on WWII but I LOOOOVE Valkyria Chronicles series.
SWqlUFdpiMfotek6sLlwaS4ZT7lmoiX_ohllNaRO64g.jpg
From Valkyria Chronicles I have on PS3, PS4 limited edition and Valkyria Chronicles 4 Premium edition ps4.

But I think that I will also buy them again on PC, I want to play both interspersing the missions of VC1 with VC4 and play the Crossover misión DLC

i like Alicia BTW
Valkyria-Chronicles-4-20.jpg

Last edited:

BootsLoader

Banned
Is there any good WW2 game with story mode only? Or at least the main game is the story and not the multiplayer? Thanks.

GHG

Hell Let Loose by a mile.

Previously bought post Scriptum and refunded it, its so undercooked and the little community that exists for the game is a clique.

Hell Let Loose is more fleshed out even though it's still in early access and the community is much much better.

Is there any good WW2 game with story mode only? Or at least the main game is the story and not the multiplayer? Thanks.

Jaxx_377

Neo Member
Medal of Honor: Allied Assault (and the expansions) for single player.
Battlefield 1942 for multiplayer.

Same Choices for me

I also liked the Russian side of the World at War singleplyer, but mostly cause Gary Oldman's voice acting was great.

Last edited:

BootsLoader

Banned
Hell Let Loose by a mile.

Previously bought post Scriptum and refunded it, its so undercooked and the little community that exists for the game is a clique.

Hell Let Loose is more fleshed out even though it's still in early access and the community is much much better.

Thank you very much. I will look into it.

MarlboroRed

I have only played a bit of Post Scriptum during the free weekend, but I enjoyed my time with it.

That said, nothing will ever beat coordinated banzai charges in Rising Storm.

Top Bottom